Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Passover of God

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Why do Christians celebrate the Passover? Of what significance is the Passover to them?

What is the significance of the Passover as recorded in the Old Testament and why were they commanded to remember it?
But I ask, in light of the resurrection of Jesus Christ, should we continue to be applying his blood in the same manner as the blood of the Passover Lamb, in that it protects us from the angel of death? The Passover as it was remembered in the book of Exodus was an old covenant remembrance, should that same remembrance apply toward those under the new covenant?
The significance of the blood of the Passover lamb was that it would cause the Angel of Death to pass you by. Much the same as the annual sacrifice under the Old Testament laws, where a sacrifice was offered once yearly to cover the sins of the people, that the Angel of Death might be stayed. But is that what the blood of Christ does for us? Is that how we continue to use the sacrifice and the blood of Christ?

In the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, do we use his to blood keep the Angel of Death from us? For in his death and resurrection we are baptized into his Death, crucified with him on the cross. Christ has become the angel of death for us, that through his death we might partake of his resurrected life. Jesus said in the Gospels, those who seek to save their lives, shall lose it; those who lose their lives for his sake shall find it.
So as a Christian living under the new covenant, of what benefit is the remembrance of Passover to you?

let's also not omit the unleavened bread which represents the faith without heresies, i.e. without: misbeliefs, false persuasions, distorted interpretations of the Scripture, wrong spiritual practices and activities, and wrong rituals/rites and traditions, because Jesus Christ gathered His disciples for the last supper on the day of passover not in vain, for it is the day in which the tradition since the time of Moses ordains the worshipers to eat only unleavened bread as a remembrance of the fact that they should not commit unrighteousness/lawlessness in faith like the egyption worshipers/idolaters, because God had brought them out of egypt exactly because of the great spiritual iniquity which had been done there in the form of occultism and idolatry at that time, and likewise the followers/disciples of Jesus and worshipers of the New Testament also should not commit spiritual unrighteousness/lawlessness, that is why, then, when He gave them a bread to eat, He said to them: "This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me."(Luke 22:19), also, then He gave them a wine to drink by saying: "This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you."(Luke 22:20), so the right exercise of the faith is the "bread" according to the New Testament appearing as a promise of God, a hope for something better than the old, and a New doctrine and precept which is the "wine", so it turns out that somewhat nothing is changed but only the Testament, which is not inconsequential, because there is a very significant renewal, for all the inimical ordinances of the covenant have officially been annulled forever(Colossians 2:14-15), and therefore He said: "Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven. For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world."(John 6:32-33), as for the "angel of death", if it comes to deterioration of the life that God has determined and established from the beginning, then it would be right and appropriate to say there is no death in the true Lord God, neither did He ever use the services of the "darkness" for any purpose, but you are right about the then situation in egypt, the blood of the sacrificial lamb had really saved their lives

Blessings

Last edited by a moderator:
Confidence in what? That grace is a license to sin?

Come on, tell us what the implications are for you that you resist if we say that we do need a continuing sacrifice in heaven for us after we are saved. Where the rubber meets the road, what does that mean for the Christian if, for argument's sake, what we say is true?

Why are you always looking for a license to sin? Is his grace not sufficient enough for you that you should require a license as well?

The Lord has declared unto you the way in which he would reveal His Glory, that you might know the Righteousness of Christ manifest in your flesh. The path he has chosen for you is in the way of sin beneath the shadow of death, but by the Light that comes from Christ, the way has been made straight before us, if we are willing to walk exposed before that Light.

Grace is not a license to sin, but to stick with that analogy, I would liken it more to that of a learners permit. There are times when I know that he has the wheel, and there are times when he just rides along and lets me drive to see what I have learned; And there are times when I find myself behind the wheel, that I might begin to doze off, or other times when something to the side of the road catches my attention and I fail to watch where I am going, but like the sin in my life, the rumple strips and reflectors along the side of the highway catch my attention if I begin to drift to far off of the path.

Everything that I should ever need or require is given to me of the Lord. I have nothing of myself that is of worthy of an offering to bring before the Lord; everything I have tried has been found unworthy and unacceptable before the Lord. I trust to His Salvation. I trust in His Grace. I trust in His Righteousness. I trust in the finished work of Christ. And he has shown me there is one offering that is worthy and acceptable before Him.

The only thing I have of my flesh that I might offer unto the Lord is the offering of my sin, or the sins of others, that they might be exposed in me, so that I might learn from them. I have found this offering to be acceptable to the Lord; for by the offering of my sin in the Light of Christ, the Lord has blessed me with understanding beyond my wildest dreams, and he has taught me in ways I would have never imaged for myself. The working of Faith is mysterious, but it is certain.

The bold part above illustrates the misunderstanding you have which leads you to reject the blood of Jesus Christ. A covering for sin is of Grace when the covering is a free gift from God.

I have not reject the Blood of Christ, I have very much embraced it.

How can one have Faith and confidence in something except they first posses it?

But you're not possessing it. You're rejecting it. Accepting the Blood of Christ as propitiation for your sins and then tossing it to the side and saying you no longer need that covering for your sins is rejecting Christ.

How can you not see that?

Why are you always looking for a license to sin?
You mean looking for a license to sin in these hyper distorted grace teachings? Why? Because they all teach that sin doesn't matter. That's making the grace of God a license to sin....which it is not. That's why we're told not to make it one. You're only deceiving yourself when you think that grace allows you to not care about sin anymore.

Is his grace not sufficient enough for you that you should require a license as well?
Why are you asking me? Your doctrine is the one teaching that sin does not matter, that no matter what we do wrong, whether on purpose or not, God always sees us sin free. That's making grace a license to sin. Which it is not.

The Lord has declared unto you the way in which he would reveal His Glory, that you might know the Righteousness of Christ manifest in your flesh. The path he has chosen for you is in the way of sin beneath the shadow of death, but by the Light that comes from Christ, the way has been made straight before us, if we are willing to walk exposed before that Light.
This is meaningless. I find no practical value in this that I can use when I get up tomorrow morning and go off into the world.

The only thing I have of my flesh that I might offer unto the Lord is the offering of my sin, or the sins of others, that they might be exposed in me, so that I might learn from them. I have found this offering to be acceptable to the Lord...
What you are describing here is the spiritual reality of the burnt offering required by the law, yet you insist that a person is not walking in faith when they entertain any sense of obligation to old covenant things, literal or figurative, like Passover.

Last edited:
His sacrifice for Sin fulfilled the requirement for the propitiation of sin according to the Old Covenant law. His blood is not the propitiation for sin under the New Covenant, His Blood confirmed the covenant.

Hebrews 9:14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God.

If you continue to glory in the dead works of the law, then your conscience has not been purged from the dead works of the law, then of what benefit has the blood of Christ been for you?

Hebrews 9:15-20
And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.
For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator. For a testament is of force after men are dead:otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth. Whereupon neither the first testament was dedicated without blood. For when Moses had spoken every precept to all the people according to the law, he took the blood of calves and of goats, with water, and scarlet wool, and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book, and all the people, Saying, This is the blood of the testament which God hath enjoined unto you.

How long shall you continue to stand beneath the shadow of Mt Sinai and pluck the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, and then try and pass it off to me as if it has come from Mt Zion and the Tree of Life?
Remember the discussion about rightly dividing the Word of God? I said we rightly divide the Word of God when we lift a passage or verse out of the scriptures for study or application in a way that does not improperly divide it away from the full counsel of the rest of scripture. Until you address the many scriptures we have presented here that don't allow you to form the grace doctrine you have formed we have no choice but to identify your doctrine as the Word of God improperly, or not rightly divided out of the whole. Unless I missed it you have not explained why John tells us to confess our sins continuing to rely on the propitiation for our sins we have through Christ's sacrifice:

9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us.
1 My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father,Jesus Christ the righteous; 2 and He Himself is the propitiation for our sins... (1 John 1:9-10, 1 John 2:1-2 NASB)

You say we don't have to do that, and that if we do that we are actually living in the damnation of the former covenant. It's impossible for your doctrine to be truth since it violates other scriptures.

But you're not possessing it. You're rejecting it. Accepting the Blood of Christ as propitiation for your sins and then tossing it to the side and saying you no longer need that covering for your sins is rejecting Christ.

How can you not see that?

I could ask the same of you, how can you not see that?

Hebrews 6:4-6 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

I do not seek to crucify Christ to myself again, nor put him to an open shame. His Grace is enough for me.

Tell me Gary, if by Faith you are standing in the presence of Christ, then why do you need a covering in the first place? What does the covering you wish to hold on to cover you from?

This is meaningless. I find no practical value in this that I can use when I get up tomorrow morning and go off into the world.

You find no practical value because you mock what you hear, nor do you listen with the intent to hear anything of value. You are like uto a Pharisee who can think to do nothing other that contend over a point in the Law.

Psalms 25:4-14
Shew me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths.
Lead me in thy truth, and teach me:
for thou art the God of my salvation;
on thee do I wait all the day.
Remember, O Lord, thy tender mercies and thy lovingkindnesses;
for they have been ever of old.
Remember not the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions:
according to thy mercy remember thou me
for thy goodness 'sake, O Lord.
Good and upright is the Lord:
therefore will he teach sinners in the way.
The meek will he guide in judgment:
and the meek will he teach his way.
All the paths of the Lord are mercy and truth
unto such as keep his covenant and his testimonies.
For thy name's sake, O Lord,
pardon mine iniquity; for it is great.
What man is he that feareth the Lord?
him shall he teach in the way that he shall choose.
His soul shall dwell at ease;
and his seed shall inherit the earth.
The secret of the Lord is with them that fear him;
and he will shew them his covenant.

Gary and Jethro Bodine, both of you have been asking most of the question. I am going to ask you a question. Just give a yes or no answer. Please do not read anything into this question, I am making no insinuation about you at all. Just asking question to measure your response. Depending upon your answers, I may respond with my own answer to greater depth. If you some were to hear you make a negative comment about President Obama, some might accuse you of being a racist. So the question is....

Are you a Racist?

Why are you asking me? Your doctrine is the one teaching that sin does not matter, that no matter what we do wrong, whether on purpose or not, God always sees us sin free. That's making grace a license to sin. Which it is not.

There is but one sin that remains unto the charge of man, and it is a sin not covered by the blood of Christ, for Jesus has made known unto you that there is one sin that shall not be forgiven.

I have not reject the Blood of Christ, I have very much embraced it.

Then whether you know it or not your sin is atoned for by Christ's Blood, which was given for that purpose as an act of God's Grace.

If you had to choose one over the other, which would it be, and why?
The Grace of God or the Blood of Christ.

I understand that, but at the same time I challenge you, if you had to choose one, which would it be and why?

I choose Grace, and Grace all day long. The Grace of God has been from everlasting, and shall be to everlasting. The covenant made with Abraham was based upon Faith through the Grace of God. The Blood of Christ was not needed that Abraham might live according to the Grace bestowed upon him by the Lord. The Blood of Christ was a one time event, a sacrifice once for all time. And like the scripture says in the book of Hebrews, that if you sin willingly after receiving the gift of God, then there remains no more sacrifices for sin, which would then make his blood of none effect. But if there remains to me no more sacrifice for sin, then the Faith that lies within my heart shall rest in the Grace that the Lord has bestowed upon me.

Abraham most definitely needs the Blood of Christ if he is to receive the eternal life he doesn't deserve. Fortunately the Blood of Christ, as a one time event, a sacrifice once for all time, extends both forward and backwards to the beginning and end of time that it may cover all past and future sins.

Then whether you know it or not your sin is atoned for by Christ's Blood, which was given for that purpose as an act of God's Grace.

Abraham most definitely needs the Blood of Christ if he is to receive the eternal life he doesn't deserve. Fortunately the Blood of Christ, as a one time event, a sacrifice once for all time, extends both forward and backwards to the beginning and end of time that it may cover all past and future sins.

I understand this fully. I have accepted His one time sacrifice and atonement for sin for all time, including the transgression of Adam, which is the one sin that threatens our salvation. I try and draw a distinction between His Blood and His Grace because the valley is large, but those two mountains cast a long shadow.

Being that it was a one time event in the which all of my sins have been forgiven me, then I have accepted that as a fact. Therefore I do not dwell on my sins that I should need them to be covered in His Blood, I know by Faith they are already forgiven me. I do not have to ask, therefore I walk in the Grace that has been given me, with the full assurance that all of my sins are forgiven me, so by that knowledge I may come before the Lord with an open and honest heart ready to receive instruction in His Righteousness by the sin that I can bring before Him that he may teach me, trusting to His Grace through Faith.

There is but one sin that remains unto the charge of man, and it is a sin not covered by the blood of Christ, for Jesus has made known unto you that there is one sin that shall not be forgiven.

I should qualify that statement so there is no misunderstanding. There is but one sin that remains unto the charge of man, and it is a sin not covered by the blood of Christ. I should qualify that by saying forgiveness is found in the blood of Christ, but it is a charge that is not held of account to His Blood. It is a sin that you still bear on your own, and if you reject His promise, then He has told you that it is a sin that can not be forgiven. The sin of Adam's transgression.

The only thing I have of my flesh that I might offer unto the Lord is the offering of my sin, or the sins of others, that they might be exposed in me, so that I might learn from them. I have found this offering to be acceptable to the Lord; for by the offering of my sin in the Light of Christ, the Lord has blessed me with understanding beyond my wildest dreams, and he has taught me in ways I would have never imaged for myself. The working of Faith is mysterious, but it is certain.

What you are describing here is the spiritual reality of the burnt offering required by the law, yet you insist that a person is not walking in faith when they entertain any sense of obligation to old covenant things, literal or figurative, like Passover.

If you can see this, then why don't you hear my words?

But you have this irrational insistence on rejecting the slightest hint of anything 'old covenant'.

Since you like to bask in the shadow of the Mountain that gave unto the world the Law of Moses and His Covenant with death, then tell me what it says in your law about eating dead things and unclean? For if I am dead to the Law by Christ who was crucified for my sins under that law, why do then do you circle like a vulture ready to tear at a piece of my flesh that you may devour it?

I should qualify that statement so there is no misunderstanding. There is but one sin that remains unto the charge of man, and it is a sin not covered by the blood of Christ. I should qualify that by saying forgiveness is found in the blood of Christ, but it is a charge that is not held of account to His Blood. It is a sin that you still bear on your own, and if you reject His promise, then He has told you that it is a sin that can not be forgiven. The sin of Adam's transgression.

Luke 12
10 And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven.

Did Abraham have a license to sin? Did Isaac or Jacob?
Nobody can make grace a license to indulge sin with impunity. Mankind only thinks grace is a license to sin now that we're under grace. That's why we're told not to do that--grace is not a license to sin. You condemn yourself when you say that grace makes it so we can sin freely and it doesn't matter because of grace.

Back