Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

'The Pilgrim's Progress' by John Bunyan

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

gunghorjc

I remember having a comic-book adaption of this story from when I was really, really young. It was updated to fit with the 'modern world'.

So I started this yesterday, and I'm about 15 pages into it. The writing, the language is going to take some getting used to.

I do love the way the story is progressing though, and the names for the characters. Christian as the main character, Evangelist the character to help guide his path to salvation, Worldy Wisdom as the character who tries to persuade Christian to seek an easier travelled road to get rid of his burdens, which Christian was persuaded to do. We are all tempted by World Wisdom is this way.

I can tell you this is a strong story already, and the story is filled with Biblical passages to guide it along. It's like the story was taken right from the pages of the Bible itself!

Christ_empowered,

I see your post was some time ago, but I thought I would comment anyway. When you said the language takes some getting used to, I remember the same experience whenI first read it. After reading it a couple of times, I find the language wonderful. It's very different then our modern english, but the old english is still very effective in communicating the Gospel truth. I hope you enjoyed the Pilgrims Progress as much as I know many people have.

- Davies

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back