Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The problem with reality TV....

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I

itoldyounoalready

The problem w/ reality tv is that it isn't real?
Ohhh...the irony
(I have no clue why I'm posting this I just thought I would)

Reality TV is an impossibility. Think about it, if reality TV were really reality, then who would watch it?!

Mom: washes clothes, washes dishes, cleans house, goes grocery shopping, takes the kids to practice, and (if she's a working mom) does all of the above and holds down a 9-5. As interesting as life can be, it's not exactly going to top the ratings list.

Dad: handy-man work, goes to his job, which may include several things (utility work, factory, business, possibly law or medicine, ect.) Yes, work has it's moments, but...

Kids: school, ballet and ball practice, afterschool job, and hanging out with friends. Would undoubtly be interesting, but there is only so many recitals, ball games, and teenage difficulties one can watch.

So, all in all, I think we're stuck with our unrealistic reality TV until America decides that they've had enough of watching people act like idiots for fifteen minutes of fame and a million dollars (which they won't recieve in full because Uncle Sam has bills to pay :) )

Reality TV irks me, they get extremist, not real people and place them in unrealistic settings, like in everyday life you don't find 10 people on a random island in the middle of nowhere.

Reality?

I agree :tongue I don't watch the network reality shows!
I think they're stupid , on the other hand my sis & her husband have watched like every season of Survior ..:smt009 theres just no accounting for taste is there ? :smt016

now on the other hand, I love the Animal Cops shows on Animal Planet & I also love the crime show like foresnic files, body of evidence & cold case files (on A & E)

but then again, those are Intersting! ;-)

Reality tv is real, well in most cases...some are planned and stupid lol

The only one I could stand was "the biggest loser" the first season. This was actually a decent show to watch because it was more about making themselves healthier than it was the money.

I can honestly say that I have never seen an entire episode of survivor. :biggrin

Back