Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Protestant Pope and The Passion

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Sure.
But if you bring up a question regarding the CC, I'm going to answer it.

Just like I explain the Protestant beliefs to Catholics....
Wondering, I really have no interest in the CC church. My neighborhood where I grew up was full of RCC, and this was before Vatican II. The Saturday boozing, the midnight Mass for penance, only to continue the boozing, cussing etc. on Sunday. We won't mention the constant gangs and gang warfare that went on.
After becoming a Christian, I can look back and remember, not once did a RC attempt to share Jesus with me, and no wonder, none of them knew the Gospel, or were born again...if they did they left the RCC. My wife was RCC and would tell me there was a time they discouraged reading the Bible by yourself, I've also seen their old literature say the same thing.
I've also seen the way they turn countries into third world Dark Age Dungeons, keeping the people illiterate.
Nope, I'll have no questions, I get confronted by CC'ers all the time.

Why did the pope say to not eat meat on Fridays?
A misconception of fasting...
A way to take control of what you want...
A fast way of trying to make people think about God instead of food.
For the same reason we forfeit something or do something out of our ordinary routine to help others at Lent.

This is no longer a church rule..

Wondering, I really have no interest in the CC church. My neighborhood where I grew up was full of RCC, and this was before Vatican II. The Saturday boozing, the midnight Mass for penance, only to continue the boozing, cussing etc. on Sunday. We won't mention the constant gangs and gang warfare that went on.
After becoming a Christian, I can look back and remember, not once did a RC attempt to share Jesus with me, and no wonder, none of them knew the Gospel, or were born again...if they did they left the RCC. My wife was RCC and would tell me there was a time they discouraged reading the Bible by yourself, I've also seen their old literature say the same thing.
I've also seen the way they turn countries into third world Dark Age Dungeons, keeping the people illiterate.
Nope, I'll have no questions, I get confronted by CC'ers all the time.
I happen to know Catholic doctrine.
I don't mind answering questions or discussing.
Needless to say, I respect your statements.

I don't see this idea in scripture.
I also don't think Mary is "just another woman". And I don't think you meant it in that way.
Gabriel called Mary the favored woman.

Agreed.
It says something about grace and favored. I don't think it's so easy to translate Greek into English.

Immaculate Conception means that Mary was born without the sin nature, or concupiscense.

The Immaculate Conception is a dogma of the Catholic Church which states that Mary, mother of Jesus has been free of original sin from the moment of her conception, not that she was born without the sin nature. She was just an ordinary teenager until she was declared otherwise.

The Immaculate Conception is a dogma of the Catholic Church which states that Mary, mother of Jesus has been free of original sin from the moment of her conception, not that she was born without the sin nature. She was just an ordinary teenager until she was declared otherwise.
Where does it say Mary was just an ordinary teenager until she was declared otherwise?
Nowhere.
All we know about her is what Luke wrote.

In Catholicism original sin, concupiescense and the sin nature, flesh is all the same idea.
(the tendency that humans have to sin).

Where does it say Mary was just an ordinary teenager until she was declared otherwise?
Nowhere.
All we know about her is what Luke wrote.

In Catholicism original sin, concupiescense and the sin nature, flesh is all the same idea.
(the tendency that humans have to sin).
Isaiah 7:14 says "For this reason the Lord himself will give you a confirming sign. Look, this young woman is about to conceive and will give birth to a son. You, young woman, will name him Immanuel." NET 2.1 .(Scripture quoted by permission. Quotations designated (NET) are from the NET Bible® copyright ©1996, 2019 by Biblical Studies Press, L.L.C. http://netbible.com All rights reserved)

Though the Hebrew word used here (עַלְמָה, ʿalmah) can sometimes refer to a woman who is a virgin (Gen 24:43), it does not carry this meaning inherently. The word is simply the feminine form of the corresponding masculine noun עֶלֶם (ʿelem, “young man”; cf. 1 Sam 17:56; 20:22). The Aramaic and Ugaritic cognate terms are both used of women who are not virgins. The word seems to pertain to age, not sexual experience, and would normally be translated “young woman.” NET footnote

For the same reason we forfeit something or do something out of our ordinary routine to help others at Lent.

How about we do a novena here on the forum?

When I was in HS many years ago the star of our friday lunch was the square fish . I always wondered where square fish came from :chin .

wondering

Thank you for explaining things about the RCC . I have done an all day juice fast , they are many ways to fast .

Back