Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Ramble On thread - Part 2

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
PS: questdriven: Maybe others from your current church will be interested to go, too? (if not from your former one).

Blessings.
I'm going with the youth group, actually. They usually go to events like that.

My mom's actually going because a friend of her's wants to go. She's not into that type of music, though.

I'm going with the youth group, actually. They usually go to events like that.

My mom's actually going because a friend of her's wants to go. She's not into that type of music, though.

Well, this is nice. She will hear a proportion of Christian hard rock, and will be able to see that some of it is good, right?

Blessings.

Well, this is nice. She will hear a proportion of Christian hard rock, and will be able to see that some of it is good, right?

Blessings.
Since she has a friend who enjoys contemporary Christian music that she's been spending time with she's more open to it than she was. She's not into it, though, and she doesn't have to be.

Since she has a friend who enjoys contemporary Christian music that she's been spending time with she's more open to it than she was. She's not into it, though, and she doesn't have to be.

Well, this is nice. And I reckon her friend isn't from the church she goes to and where you used to be. God bless them all, anyway.

Well, this is nice. And I reckon her friend isn't from the church she goes to and where you used to be. God bless them all, anyway.
Her friend didn't have a church home until he started attending my mom's church. They don't agree with the pastor on his views on music, but they seem to have a lot of respect for him. I think they grew up in a church with a similar environment/doctrines.

Her friend didn't have a church home until he started attending my mom's church. They don't agree with the pastor on his views on music, but they seem to have a lot of respect for him. I think they grew up in a church with a similar environment/doctrines.

Well, I see. Sooner or later at any rate he will come up against the no CCM, no Bible version other than KJV, etc. But I guess it doesn't trouble some people so much as it did you. Blessings.

Well, I see. Sooner or later at any rate he will come up against the no CCM, no Bible version other than KJV, etc. But I guess it doesn't trouble some people so much as it did you. Blessings.
Unless they've stopped mentioning it every sermon I'm sure they've heard it already. But if they get anything out of the sermons, hey great.
For me the legalism was hard to get past once I stopped believing it...and maybe after being there for so long I had learned all I could there, anyway.

Unless they've stopped mentioning it every sermon I'm sure they've heard it already. But if they get anything out of the sermons, hey great.
For me the legalism was hard to get past once I stopped believing it...and maybe after being there for so long I had learned all I could there, anyway.

Yes, well, the time does sometimes come in which to move on, in conscience, with a view to feeding on the Word. But maybe your mom's bf hasn't got to the particular stage spiritually that you got to, anyway. Blessings.

Yes, well, the time does sometimes come in which to move on, in conscience, with a view to feeding on the Word. But maybe your mom's bf hasn't got to the particular stage spiritually that you got to, anyway. Blessings.
Different things work for different people.
I feel like my current church works better for me. I agree with their views a bit more, there are people my age, they do more in general (which gives me a chance to help), etc. What I need may not necessarily be what someone else needs. This person tends to do outreach on their own, for example. Me, I wouldn't know where to start if I had to do outreach stuff on my own. So I tend to help with whatever outreach my church does.

Different things work for different people.
I feel like my current church works better for me. I agree with their views a bit more, there are people my age, they do more in general (which gives me a chance to help), etc. What I need may not necessarily be what someone else needs. This person tends to do outreach on their own, for example. Me, I wouldn't know where to start if I had to do outreach stuff on my own. So I tend to help with whatever outreach my church does.

And if doctrinally you and they are on the same page, so to speak, it helps immensely, too. Like re. legalism, etc. Blessings.

aircraft air safer then cars. motorcylclist often die at low speeds not the high speeds because they fail to wear the proper gear. ie helmet. and icbm was for war.

Airliners are statistically safer than crossing the road, also.

Blessings.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back