Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Robbers of Israel

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

precepts

There's only one reason I'm back on these sites and it's to post this critical information that I've recently discovered.

For years, even for centuries, the doctrine of the Maccabees cleansing the temple and establishing the vision of the temple defilement has been accepted by the Church and history as truth, but it's not. In fact, the evidence proves they're the "robbers of Israel."

It all began when I recently came across some documentaries on the beginning of so-called modern Jewry and their claim that modern Jewry began with the Maccabees' revolt. This evidence proves modern Jewry to be part of the abomination of desolation that caused the temple and the city's destruction 2000 years ago and the cause of the Middle East Conflict today.

Dan 11:14 And in those times there shall many stand up against the king of the south: also the robbers of thy people shall exalt themselves to establish the vision; but they shall fall.

The Maccabees forsook the old covenant because the old covenant, though never explained in Christianity, is the eternal covenant with Levi, the eternal covenant with the "prince of the covenant," who were the high priests that descended from the firstborn, inherited line of Eleazar, the son of Aaron!

Jer 33:19 And the word of the LORD came unto Jeremiah, saying,

Jer 33-20 Thus saith the LORD; If ye can break my covenant of the day, and my covenant of the night, and that there should not be day and night in their season;

Jer 33:21 Then may also my covenant be broken with David my servant, that he should not have a son to reign upon his throne; and with the Levites the priests, my ministers.

Jer 33:22 As the host of heaven cannot be numbered, neither the sand of the sea measured: so will I multiply the seed of David my servant, and the Levites that minister unto me.
It is an eternal covenant.

The Maccabees, according to the book of Maccabees, appointed lesser priests to the high priesthood in their claim of cleansing the temple and continuing in the old covenant post the ending of the Eleazar high priest line by Antiochus the III the Great. And Malachi chapter 2 proves it, the entire chapter, the last book of the old testament/covenant.

These are just some of the verses in Malachi chapter 2.

Mal 2:1 And now, O ye priests, this commandment is for you.

Mal 2:2 If ye will not hear, and if ye will not lay it to heart, to give glory unto my name, saith the LORD of hosts, I will even send a curse upon you, and I will curse your blessings: yea, I have cursed them already, because ye do not lay it to heart.

Mal 2:3 Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces, even the dung of your solemn feasts; and one shall take you away with it.

Mal 2:4 And ye shall know that I have sent this commandment unto you, that my covenant might be with Levi, saith the LORD of hosts.

Mal 2:5 My covenant was with him of life and peace; and I gave them to him for the fear wherewith he feared me, and was afraid before my name.
These are the priests the Maccabees appointed post the revolt of the Maccabees, the priests that Christ encountered when He arrived on the scene in 33 a.d..

Mal 2:8 But ye are departed out of the way; ye have caused many to stumble at the law; ye have corrupted the covenant of Levi, saith the LORD of hosts.

Mal 2:9 Therefore have I also made you contemptible and base before all the people, according as ye have not kept my ways, but have been partial in the law.

Mal 2:10 Have we not all one father? hath not one God created us? why do we deal treacherously every man against his brother, by profaning the covenant of our fathers?

Mal 2:11 Judah hath dealt treacherously, and an abomination is committed in Israel and in Jerusalem; for Judah hath profaned the holiness of the LORD which he loved, and hath married the daughter of a strange god.

Mal 2:12 The LORD will cut off the man that doeth this, the master and the scholar, out of the tabernacles of Jacob, and him that offereth an offering unto the LORD of hosts.
Here endeth the lesson. There's no way Christ walked in Jewry, much less kept the feast of lights.

Mal 2:13 And this have ye done again, covering the altar of the LORD with tears, with weeping, and with crying out, insomuch that he regardeth not the offering any more, or receiveth it with good will at your hand.

Mal 2:14 Yet ye say, Wherefore? Because the LORD hath been witness between thee and the wife of thy youth, against whom thou hast dealt treacherously: yet is she thy companion, and the wife of thy covenant.

Mal 2:15 And did not he make one? Yet had he the residue of the spirit. And wherefore one? That he might seek a godly seed. Therefore take heed to your spirit, and let none deal treacherously against the wife of his youth.

Mal 2:16 For the LORD, the God of Israel, saith that he hateth putting away: for one covereth violence with his garment, saith the LORD of hosts: therefore take heed to your spirit, that ye deal not treacherously.
Who is your "wife of the covenant," your "first love"?

And last but not least, when and where God established the old covenant with Levi.

Nu 25:6 And, behold, one of the children of Israel came and brought unto his brethren a Midianitish woman in the sight of Moses, and in the sight of all the congregation of the children of Israel, who were weeping before the door of the tabernacle of the congregation.

Nu 25:7 And when Phinehas, the son of Eleazar, the son of Aaron the priest, saw it, he rose up from among the congregation, and took a javelin in his hand;

Nu 25:8 And he went after the man of Israel into the tent, and thrust both of them through, the man of Israel, and the woman through her belly. So the plague was stayed from the children of Israel.

Nu 25:9 And those that died in the plague were twenty and four thousand.

Nu 25:10 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,

Nu 25:11 Phinehas, the son of Eleazar, the son of Aaron the priest, hath turned my wrath away from the children of Israel, while he was zealous for my sake among them, that I consumed not the children of Israel in my jealousy.

Nu 25:12 Wherefore say, Behold, I give unto him my covenant of peace:

Nu 25:13 And he shall have it, and his seed after him, even the covenant of an everlasting priesthood; because he was zealous for his God, and made an atonement for the children of Israel.

Here endeth the lesson!

That would make Christ an idolater. as He also offered to the temple each Passover and commanded men to follow the Pharisees but don't do how they do.

John the Baptist being of that line would also be birthed from a man who was a deceiver .

That would make Christ an idolater. as He also offered to the temple each Passover and commanded men to follow the Pharisees but don't do how they do.

John the Baptist being of that line would also be birthed from a man who was a deceiver .

The wise will see the contradiction.

Mal 2:2 If ye will not hear, and if ye will not lay it to heart, to give glory unto my name, saith the LORD of hosts, I will even send a curse upon you, and I will curse your blessings: yea, I have cursed them already, because ye do not lay it to heart.
Christ partook of cursed sacrifices?

Mal 2:8 But ye are departed out of the way; ye have caused many to stumble at the law; ye have corrupted the covenant of Levi, saith the LORD of hosts.
Christ participated in a corrupt covenant?

Mal 2:11 Judah hath dealt treacherously, and an abomination is committed in Israel and in Jerusalem; for Judah hath profaned the holiness of the LORD which he loved, and hath married the daughter of a strange god.

Mal 2:12 The LORD will cut off the man that doeth this, the master and the scholar, out of the tabernacles of Jacob, and him that offereth an offering unto the LORD of hosts.
That means Christ was cut off when you claimed he made offerings.

Daniel Chapter 11 is the vision given to Daniel of four Empires beginning with Darius who was a king of Babylonian Empire.

Babylonian Empire:
(Iraq) The lion represents the winged lions that guarded the royal places of Babylon. This Empire ran from 2000BC - 1759BC

Medo – Persian Empire:
(Iran) The ribs of the bear are part of the consuming greed that devours the first empire. This Empire ran approximately from 536BC - 330BC

Grecian Empire:
(Greece, Turkey, Syria, Egypt) Four wings of the leopard described the swiftness of this empire that ran from 334-331BC. It wrestled world dominion from Medo-Persia. After the death of Alexander the Great the kingdom was divided into four minor kingdoms that continued as prominent factors in world politics until the Roman Empire gathered it back as one kingdom.

Roman Empire: (little horn, Daniel 8:9-14, 23-27)
Iron represents the stronghold this nation had. Daniel chapter 2 mentions the iron element of this empire that it to will be divided and broken as God will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed.
This Empire ran from 753BC -27BC

The Maccabean revolt was a Jewish rebellion lasting from 167 to 160 BCE led by the Maccabees against the Seleucid Empire (Babylonian Empire) and the Hellenistic Judaism influence on Jewish life that was a mix of Greece and Rome elements known as the Greco-Roman world, so no they were not the robbers mentioned in Daniel 11:14.

When studying the history of the twelve tribes of Israel being the sons of Jacob/Israel we find from 1047 B.C. and 931 B.C. the twelve tribes were under the leadership of three Kings, Saul, David and Solomon. Near the end of Solomon's reign he fell into idolatry and God spoke of tearing apart the Kingdom as judgment for these sins, 1 Kings 11:10-12.

After Solomon's death his son Rehoboam became King and those ten Northern tribes (Israel/Ephraim) rebelled against King Rehoboam and followed after Jeroboam up North causing a division of the north and south Kingdom. Only the tribe of Judah (Judah) and the tribe of Benjamin (Judah) stayed Loyal to King Rehoboam in the southern Kingdom for they kept Gods commandments as they knew David was the lineage of the promised Messiah as it was prophesied of the prophets of God. For almost two centuries the two Kingdoms where divided, but a remnant of the ten tribes soon came back to Judah after following Jeroboam as he turned the northern Kingdom into idol worshippers.

In Rev 7 These servants are the generational 144,000 from the twelve tribes of Israel, except for the tribe of Dan and Ephraim as they fell to idol worship and allowed God to be removed from them, Judges 18:30; 1 Kings12:25-33; Hosea 5:9, 11;Psalms 78:9-17, 65-67. To keep it twelve tribes since Dan and Ephraim are not mentioned in vs. 4-8 the tribe of Joseph appears twice, once under his own name and once under the name of his son Issachar/Manasseh. Judah is mentioned first as Messiah was to come from the lineage of David.

Daniel Chapter 11 is the vision given to Daniel of four Empires beginning with Darius who was a king of Babylonian Empire.

Babylonian Empire:
(Iraq) The lion represents the winged lions that guarded the royal places of Babylon. This Empire ran from 2000BC - 1759BC

Medo – Persian Empire:
(Iran) The ribs of the bear are part of the consuming greed that devours the first empire. This Empire ran approximately from 536BC - 330BC

Grecian Empire:
(Greece, Turkey, Syria, Egypt) Four wings of the leopard described the swiftness of this empire that ran from 334-331BC. It wrestled world dominion from Medo-Persia. After the death of Alexander the Great the kingdom was divided into four minor kingdoms that continued as prominent factors in world politics until the Roman Empire gathered it back as one kingdom.

Roman Empire: (little horn, Daniel 8:9-14, 23-27)
Iron represents the stronghold this nation had. Daniel chapter 2 mentions the iron element of this empire that it to will be divided and broken as God will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed.
This Empire ran from 753BC -27BC

The Maccabean revolt was a Jewish rebellion lasting from 167 to 160 BCE led by the Maccabees against the Seleucid Empire (Babylonian Empire) and the Hellenistic Judaism influence on Jewish life that was a mix of Greece and Rome elements known as the Greco-Roman world, so no they were not the robbers mentioned in Daniel 11:14.

When studying the history of the twelve tribes of Israel being the sons of Jacob/Israel we find from 1047 B.C. and 931 B.C. the twelve tribes were under the leadership of three Kings, Saul, David and Solomon. Near the end of Solomon's reign he fell into idolatry and God spoke of tearing apart the Kingdom as judgment for these sins, 1 Kings 11:10-12.

After Solomon's death his son Rehoboam became King and those ten Northern tribes (Israel/Ephraim) rebelled against King Rehoboam and followed after Jeroboam up North causing a division of the north and south Kingdom. Only the tribe of Judah (Judah) and the tribe of Benjamin (Judah) stayed Loyal to King Rehoboam in the southern Kingdom for they kept Gods commandments as they knew David was the lineage of the promised Messiah as it was prophesied of the prophets of God. For almost two centuries the two Kingdoms where divided, but a remnant of the ten tribes soon came back to Judah after following Jeroboam as he turned the northern Kingdom into idol worshippers.

In Rev 7 These servants are the generational 144,000 from the twelve tribes of Israel, except for the tribe of Dan and Ephraim as they fell to idol worship and allowed God to be removed from them, Judges 18:30; 1 Kings12:25-33; Hosea 5:9, 11;Psalms 78:9-17, 65-67. To keep it twelve tribes since Dan and Ephraim are not mentioned in vs. 4-8 the tribe of Joseph appears twice, once under his own name and once under the name of his son Issachar/Manasseh. Judah is mentioned first as Messiah was to come from the lineage of David.
I admit the verse might seem out of context, but the title still fits because the Maccabees did claim to have established the vision of the abomination of desolation and did claim to have fulfilled it by cleansing the temple 3 /2 years after they claimed it was committed.

And who's to say the vision referred to in Dan 11:14 isn't the vision of the abomination of desolation since it was given in Darius' first year, the recent then king of Babylon? It does say, "in those times," and not, in or at 'that' time, which leaves a vague space for interpretation.

Still, the fact is, the Maccabees did forsake the old covenant, which was the covenant with the "prince of the covenant," the high priest line from Phineas, the son of Eleazar, the son of Aaron the high priest. There's no mistaking that.

So your point does not take away from the facts I'm presenting. They are the robbers of the once physical nation of Israel, hence the need for the new spiritual Israel and the new spiritual high priesthood of Christ.

Last edited:
The robbers would be the Seleucid Empire that robbed and destroyed the Temple in Jerusalem. The Maccabees did not forsake the covenant, but fought for it as they came against God's enemies.

After the Maccabees victory after the revolt, which is why Jewish Hanukkah is celebrated every year, they entered into Jerusalem and ritually cleansed the Temple reestablishing traditional Jewish worship and gave Jonathan Apphus Maccabee as high Priest who was Judah's younger brother.

In 1 Maccabees chapter 2 after Antiochus IV issued his decree forbidding religious practice a rural Jewish priest from Modiin who was Mattathias the Hasmonean sparked the revolt against the Seleucid Empire by refusing to worship their Greek gods. After Mattathias death a year latter around 166 or 167 BCE his son Judah Maccabee led an army of Jewish dissidents to victory over the Seleucid dynasty in guerrilla warfare against the Hellenized Jews.

1 Maccabees 4:36-40 on the 25th of the ninth month Chislev (December) in the year 148BCE after months, (does not specify how many months), the cleansing of the Temple was finally rededicated to God, but it was three years from the beginning of the revolt, not 3 1/2 years to cleanse the Temple once they came back to Jerusalem.

The 3 1/2 years are that of Daniel's prophecy in Daniel 7 about the reign of the son of perdition, 2 Thessalonians 2:3-12, that Jesus spoke of as being an abomination of desolation spoken of by Daniel that will stand in the Holy place where the Dome of the Rock now sits and will be handed over to the son of perdition (not a Muslim) but that of the revived Roman Empire, Matthew 24:15 as I showed in my earlier post.

Another interesting note is the date in vs 52, 53 was the first lawful sacrifice in the Temple after it was rededicated to God.

The robbers would be the Seleucid Empire that robbed and destroyed the Temple in Jerusalem. The Maccabees did not forsake the covenant, but fought for it as they came against God's enemies.

After the Maccabees victory after the revolt, which is why Jewish Hanukkah is celebrated every year, they entered into Jerusalem and ritually cleansed the Temple reestablishing traditional Jewish worship and gave Jonathan Apphus Maccabee as high Priest who was Judah's younger brother.

In 1 Maccabees chapter 2 after Antiochus IV issued his decree forbidding religious practice a rural Jewish priest from Modiin who was Mattathias the Hasmonean sparked the revolt against the Seleucid Empire by refusing to worship their Greek gods. After Mattathias death a year latter around 166 or 167 BCE his son Judah Maccabee led an army of Jewish dissidents to victory over the Seleucid dynasty in guerrilla warfare against the Hellenized Jews.

1 Maccabees 4:36-40 on the 25th of the ninth month Chislev (December) in the year 148BCE after months, (does not specify how many months), the cleansing of the Temple was finally rededicated to God, but it was three years from the beginning of the revolt, not 3 1/2 years to cleanse the Temple once they came back to Jerusalem.

The 3 1/2 years are that of Daniel's prophecy in Daniel 7 about the reign of the son of perdition, 2 Thessalonians 2:3-12, that Jesus spoke of as being an abomination of desolation spoken of by Daniel that will stand in the Holy place where the Dome of the Rock now sits and will be handed over to the son of perdition (not a Muslim) but that of the revived Roman Empire, Matthew 24:15 as I showed in my earlier post.

Another interesting note is the date in vs 52, 53 was the first lawful sacrifice in the Temple after it was rededicated to God.
You can say what you want. The proof is there, Malachi chapter two. Israel's sacrifices and offerings were cursed before the birth of Christ because they had forsaken the covenant with the high priest.

BLESSINGS WERE CURSED, BEFORE THE NEW TESTAMENT BEGAN.

THE COVENANT WITH LEVI CORRUPTED, BEFORE THE NEW TESTAMENT BEGAN!

WHOSOEVER OFFERED AN OFFERING POST THIS WARNING, WHICH WAS GIVEN BEFORE THE NEW TESTAMENT BEGAN, WAS CUT OFF!

FACTS YOU CAN'T ADDRESS!

Last edited:
You can say what you want. The proof is there, Malachi chapter two. Israel's sacrifices and offerings were cursed before the birth of Christ because they had forsaken the covenant with the high priest.

BLESSINGS WERE CURSED, BEFORE THE NEW TESTAMENT BEGAN.

THE COVENANT WITH LEVI CORRUPTED, BEFORE THE NEW TESTAMENT BEGAN!

WHOSOEVER OFFERED AN OFFERING POST THIS WARNING, WHICH WAS GIVEN BEFORE THE NEW TESTAMENT BEGAN, WAS CUT OFF!

FACTS YOU CAN'T ADDRESS!

I agree with what is written in Malachi that you present, but what you are not understanding is 1 Maccabees addresses the history of the Maccabees from 175BCE to 134BCE as the revolt was from 167 BCE through 160BCE against the Seleucid Empire that destroyed Jerusalem and the Temple. Malachi was written during the Persian domination of Israel from 539 BC through 333BC. Two total different events as there is quite a span of years between the writings of the two books.

During its long history, Jerusalem has been destroyed at least twice, besieged 23 times, attacked 52 times, and captured and recaptured 44 times as the last siege destroyed the Temple of God in 70 AD.

The Maccabees were a group of Jewish rebel warriors faithful to God fought and took back the control of Jerusalem over the Seleucid Empire that was controlling Jerusalem at that time so how can they be robbers of Israel.

I agree with what is written in Malachi that you present, but what you are not understanding is 1 Maccabees addresses the history of the Maccabees from 175BCE to 134BCE as the revolt was from 167 BCE through 160BCE against the Seleucid Empire that destroyed Jerusalem and the Temple. Malachi was written during the Persian domination of Israel from 539 BC through 333BC. Two total different events as there is quite a span of years between the writings of the two books.
I don't know where you get your information from, but the temple and city were only destroyed twice, when Israel went into Babylon and in 68 A.D.

And the book of Malachi could not have been written during the reign of the Persians because it is the last book of the old testament and chapter 3 is the prophecy of John the Baptist going before Christ, as the two messengers of the new testament.

Plus, the only time the priesthood was profaned in it's existence was by the abomination of desolation (Dan 8:11 & 11:12), which was done by the Greeks. No other time did lesser priests not of the high priest line of Eleazar serve as high priests.

This is the reason why we have a kazillion denominations, because of all the lies and speculations in denominational Christianity. There were only two temples, Solomon's and Joshua's (Zec 6:12). There is no Herod's temple.

Last edited:
precepts

If you weren't so judgmental you would have seen where I said Jerusalem has been destroyed twice. It takes scriptures and history of Biblical eras to understand the full context as you will not find that in any denomination r non-denomination as I am neither one.

The great world power of those years from 536BC - 330BC was the Medo - Persian Empire which dominated Palestine/Jerusalem. The great world power of those years from 536BC - 330BC was the Medo - Persian Empire which dominated Palestine/Jerusalem.

Here is an interesting note. Cyrus also gave back the sacred vessels that had been taken from the first Temple after the destruction of Jerusalem and the Temple by the hands of the Seleucid Empire that stemmed from Seleucus who received Babylonia in 321BC and expanded his dominions as Persia was one of them.

Malachi is the last book in the OT as Haggai, Zechariah and Malachi are known as post-exilic eras as all three wrote following the return of the Jews to Jerusalem and Judah. Cyrus, the king of Persia was the monarch under whom the Babylonian captivity ended and reigned from 576BC to 530BC. In the first year of his reign he was prompted by God to decree that the Temple in Jerusalem should be rebuilt and that such Jews as cared to might return to their land for this purpose, 2 Chronicles 36:21-24; Ezra 1:1-4.

The rebuilding of the second Temple began around 520 BC under King Darius of Persia and was completed around 516BC. The book of Haggi was written around 520BC. The book of Zechariah was written around 518BC. The book of Malachi as not much is known about him was written sometime after the Temple was completed in 516BC. It was sometime past when the Temple was finished that the degeneration of worship started to occur. Malachi was a prophet in the days of Nehemiah and directs his message of judgement to a people plagued with corrupt priest, wicked practices and a false sense of security in their privileged relationship with God. The nation became so sinful that there was a 400 year span that God was silent until the next prophet John the Baptist would come. Malachi in his message predicts about the coming of John the Baptist and then about the coming of Messiah.

precepts

If you weren't so judgmental you would have seen where I said Jerusalem has been destroyed twice. It takes scriptures and history of Biblical eras to understand the full context as you will not find that in any denomination r non-denomination as I am neither one.

The great world power of those years from 536BC - 330BC was the Medo - Persian Empire which dominated Palestine/Jerusalem. The great world power of those years from 536BC - 330BC was the Medo - Persian Empire which dominated Palestine/Jerusalem.

Here is an interesting note. Cyrus also gave back the sacred vessels that had been taken from the first Temple after the destruction of Jerusalem and the Temple by the hands of the Seleucid Empire that stemmed from Seleucus who received Babylonia in 321BC and expanded his dominions as Persia was one of them.

Malachi is the last book in the OT as Haggai, Zechariah and Malachi are known as post-exilic eras as all three wrote following the return of the Jews to Jerusalem and Judah. Cyrus, the king of Persia was the monarch under whom the Babylonian captivity ended and reigned from 576BC to 530BC. In the first year of his reign he was prompted by God to decree that the Temple in Jerusalem should be rebuilt and that such Jews as cared to might return to their land for this purpose, 2 Chronicles 36:21-24; Ezra 1:1-4.

The rebuilding of the second Temple began around 520 BC under King Darius of Persia and was completed around 516BC. The book of Haggi was written around 520BC. The book of Zechariah was written around 518BC. The book of Malachi as not much is known about him was written sometime after the Temple was completed in 516BC. It was sometime past when the Temple was finished that the degeneration of worship started to occur. Malachi was a prophet in the days of Nehemiah and directs his message of judgement to a people plagued with corrupt priest, wicked practices and a false sense of security in their privileged relationship with God. The nation became so sinful that there was a 400 year span that God was silent until the next prophet John the Baptist would come. Malachi in his message predicts about the coming of John the Baptist and then about the coming of Messiah.
All you're concerned with is your writing skills. I might not know how to write but I know how to read.

The fact and the point of this thread is that Malachi chapter two proves the Maccabees did forsake the covenant after Antiochus the III the Great ended the high priest line of Aaron, which was the abomination of desolation. That is what caused the desolation of the covenant and Israel, because, as Malachi chapter two explains, the eternal covenant is with Phineas.

Also, your claim of the book of Malachi being written during the time of the Persians is false, because the only time lesser priests occupied the office of the high priest was after the abomination of desolation, that was done by Antiochus the III the Great during the Greek empire. The high priest line of Aaron had continued uninterrupted after the Babylonian captivity, as history and the scriptures prove. There were no discrepancies in the line. But history, the book of the Maccabees, and the scriptures prove the high priest line was disrupted before the Maccabees revolted, because they revolted during Antiochus the III the Great's successor's reign, during Antiochus the IV's reign. And that's when the Maccabees appointed lesser priests to the office of high priest, because the line had ended, as to this day.

So, you're argument is vain, and debunked.

Last edited:
There is just to much information within the history of the Babylon Empire up to the time of the Medo – Persian Empire that is also found in the scriptures to be able to display the full in here so I will bow out and we will just have to disagree.

God bless and have a good day.

FACTS YOU CAN'T ADDRESS!
Hi Precepts.
I know it's been a long time since you've visited our site, so id just like to say that since you've been gone, we've been cultivating a culture based on discussion and mutual respect for one another.

When I read some of your posts like the one above it sounds like your both yelling and trying to win an argument.

Things have changed around here brother, so if you could just relax a little it might move your discussions along.

There is just to much information within the history of the Babylon Empire up to the time of the Medo – Persian Empire that is also found in the scriptures to be able to display the full in here so I will bow out and we will just have to disagree.

God bless and have a good day.
Disagree on what?

Hi Precepts.
I know it's been a long time since you've visited our site, so id just like to say that since you've been gone, we've been cultivating a culture based on discussion and mutual respect for one another.

When I read some of your posts like the one above it sounds like your both yelling and trying to win an argument.

Things have changed around here brother, so if you could just relax a little it might move your discussions along.
I see things haven't changed around brother.

I don't know where you get your information from, but the temple and city were only destroyed twice, when Israel went into Babylon and in 68 A.D.

And the book of Malachi could not have been written during the reign of the Persians because it is the last book of the old testament and chapter 3 is the prophecy of John the Baptist going before Christ, as the two messengers of the new testament.

Plus, the only time the priesthood was profaned in it's existence was by the abomination of desolation (Dan 8:11 & 11:12), which was done by the Greeks. No other time did lesser priests not of the high priest line of Eleazar serve as high priests.

This is the reason why we have a kazillion denominations, because of all the lies and speculations in denominational Christianity. There were only two temples, Solomon's and Joshua's (Zec 6:12). There is no Herod's temple.
Read Ezra chapter 9...

are the priests the Maccabees appointed post the revolt of the Maccabees, the priests that Christ encountered when He arrived on the scene in 33 a.d..
Can you help me understand what your saying?

Luke 1:5 In the time of Herod king of Judea there was a priest named Zechariah, who belonged to the priestly division of Abijah; his wife Elizabeth was also a descendant of Aaron.

We see that Zechariah was from the priestly division of Abijah ( 1 Chronicles 24:10 )

Luke 1:8-9 Once when Zechariah’s division was on duty and he was serving as priest before God, 9 he was chosen by lot, according to the custom of the priesthood, to go into the temple of the Lord and burn incense.

1 Chronicles 24:1-5

These were the divisions of the descendants of Aaron:

The sons of Aaron were Nadab, Abihu, Eleazar and Ithamar. 2 But Nadab and Abihu died before their father did, and they had no sons; so Eleazar and Ithamar served as the priests. 3 With the help of Zadok a descendant of Eleazar and Ahimelek a descendant of Ithamar, David separated them into divisions for their appointed order of ministering. 4 A larger number of leaders were found among Eleazar’s descendants than among Ithamar’s, and they were divided accordingly: sixteen heads of families from Eleazar’s descendants and eight heads of families from Ithamar’s descendants. 5 They divided them impartially by casting lots, for there were officials of the sanctuary and officials of God among the descendants of both Eleazar and Ithamar.

As a side note, this is our entry point for calculating the birth of Jesus.

Can you help me understand what your saying?

Luke 1:5 In the time of Herod king of Judea there was a priest named Zechariah, who belonged to the priestly division of Abijah; his wife Elizabeth was also a descendant of Aaron.

We see that Zechariah was from the priestly division of Abijah ( 1 Chronicles 24:10 )

Luke 1:8-9 Once when Zechariah’s division was on duty and he was serving as priest before God, 9 he was chosen by lot, according to the custom of the priesthood, to go into the temple of the Lord and burn incense.

1 Chronicles 24:1-5

These were the divisions of the descendants of Aaron:

The sons of Aaron were Nadab, Abihu, Eleazar and Ithamar. 2 But Nadab and Abihu died before their father did, and they had no sons; so Eleazar and Ithamar served as the priests. 3 With the help of Zadok a descendant of Eleazar and Ahimelek a descendant of Ithamar, David separated them into divisions for their appointed order of ministering. 4 A larger number of leaders were found among Eleazar’s descendants than among Ithamar’s, and they were divided accordingly: sixteen heads of families from Eleazar’s descendants and eight heads of families from Ithamar’s descendants. 5 They divided them impartially by casting lots, for there were officials of the sanctuary and officials of God among the descendants of both Eleazar and Ithamar.

As a side note, this is our entry point for calculating the birth of Jesus.
If you read thru this thread, I don't understand what you're talking about.

Back