Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Saintman's New Combined Thread

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I have been saying that prayer almost every day for a long time. Not always in the morning, but sometime during the day. I don't need to read it, as I have it memorized by now.

Why? My voice isn't very strong. I say the prayer out loud quietly so that I don't risk injuring my voice box. My throat hurts if I talk too loud.

Matthew 6
Prayer
5 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7 And when you pray, do not keep on babblinglike pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you needbefore you ask him.

9 “This, then, is how you should pray: ( note it says how you should pray not what we should pray }

“‘Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
10 your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
11 Give us today our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation,[a]
but deliver us from the evil one.[b]’
14 For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15 But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

this is a model prayer on how we should pray ..not repeat it.. the true Lords prayer is found in john 17 where Christ prayed for us.

i dont Think so.
You would not believe the huge immense Forests that are out there on planet earth! Unlike the Forestry practices of clear cutting during the late 1800's, today's Forestry practices are quite different! (Exceptions being clear cutting going on it certain parts of Africa and South America). But here in the USA and Canada for every Tree cut down many more are planted to replace them. It's a BIG world out there, go out Camping and Hiking in some of the National Forests, they will blow you away! I was shocked and amazed to discover some old growth Forest right in the heart of central Indiana a few years back. HUGE Trees over 200' tall there! I did not know such large trees even existed right here in the Midwest!

Jesus said... "Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you." ~ Luke 10:19 KJV

For me usually I only avoid a trap after I see it. This usually means stepping into the trap (or seeing someone else step in the trap) getting out of the trap and tending to the wounds inflicted by the trap. Then after I've seen that kind of trap I avoid it in the future.

Back