Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The seasons continue and God's promises endure

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

farouk

Genesis 8.22 says that 'while the earth remains, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease'.

Well, it's summer, folks, and it's hot.

And it's promised that way.

And God is faithful to his promises about the earth and the seasons.

And He is also going to be faithful to His promises to you and me and all who believe in His Son, the Lord Jesus.

His promises are faithful. :)

And I am quite thankful that God's promises are faithful!

I am also thankful for the gentle reminder of Gen 8:22, Farouk!

Peace!

And I am quite thankful that God's promises are faithful!

I am also thankful for the gentle reminder of Gen 8:22, Farouk!

Peace!

YW, AirDancer! And there is the corresponding thought, too, that how could the lord of Creation be faithful to His Creation, and not also be faithful to the New Creation in Christ? 'All the promises of God, in Him, are yes, and in Him, Amen, unto the glory of God by us'. (2 Corinthians 1.20) Blessings.

Thanks for taking an interest in the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
:amen Always good to be reminded of the faithfulness of God. I know for me, a lot of times I get so caught up in my own petty little problems that I forget how much God is taking care of me all along.

:amen Always good to be reminded of the faithfulness of God. I know for me, a lot of times I get so caught up in my own petty little problems that I forget how much God is taking care of me all along.

Speculative:

Yes, indeed; we all need to be reminded of the truth of EBENEZER: Hitherto hath the Lord helped us.

Blessings.

Genesis 8.22 says that 'while the earth remains, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease'.

Well, it's summer, folks, and it's hot.

And it's promised that way.

And God is faithful to his promises about the earth and the seasons.

And He is also going to be faithful to His promises to you and me and all who believe in His Son, the Lord Jesus.

His promises are faithful. :)

What's good is that the Lord patient too:

2 Peter 3:9 (NABRE) said:
The Lord does not delay his promise, as some regard “delay,†but he is patient with you, not wishing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

Such wonderful mercy. :)

Amen!

In the UK we had severe drought warnings in early spring, since then we have had the wettest drought on record :lol its been a washout :lol

Although its awful summer weather, praise God we now have water!

Amen!

In the UK we had severe drought warnings in early spring, since then we have had the wettest drought on record :lol its been a washout :lol

Although its awful summer weather, praise God we now have water!

Brightm:

Economists say, you can't buck the market.

In a similar vein, you can't buck God's seasons!

Blessings.

I love the refrain from Thomas Chisholm's hymn:

'Great is Thy faithfulness,

Great is Thy faithfulness,

Morning by morning new mercies I see.

All I have needed Thy hand hath provided.

Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me.'

He surely is faithful to his word one in particular I will never forget. I was raised in a strict church we weren't allowed to wear pants, our shirts had to be a certain length, always had to wear pantyhose in chuch services, no make up, minimal to no jewelry, in the sanctuary we ALWAYS had to wear those chapalets, & you had to be Saved to sing in the choir (this rule was not always strictly enforced). I was forced into ushering & singing in the choir ofcourse by my mom who was of course looking out for my welfare I have learned to let go the anger I held with her about this time in my life. I was trying so hard to be "saved" whatever that was back then because I didn't FULLY understand what salvation really meant but however most of my other peers were supposedly "saved" I actually beat myself over the fact that I was not "saved" I actually thought I was a demon or meant to go to tell for a lonnnnng time!! I however dont believe in lying to please other people so one sunday when my pastor stopped the choir from singing to announce that only "saved" people could sing I kindly walked right from in front of the church & found my seat. I held this resentment in my heart for years & years! Fast forward to about 4 years ago different chuch & more intimate personal relationship with Christ due to me testing out my own faith & God coming thru every time in his own timing I actually wanted to be saved, Ill never forget sitting on my bed in my room I was reading the Book oh John over & over John 3:16 in particular saying out loud I believe you Are the son of God I believe everything in your word lord what am I missing? This feeling came over me I've never experienced before infact it was such a strong feeling I was frightened by it needless to say a few week later I FINALLY received the Gift of the Holy Ghost with the evidence of speaking in tongues. Because of this & the changes I saw in me that I could not achieve on my own I KNOW that God is infact faithful to his word the evidence of his faithfulness may not have always been seen in that exact moment but in HIS timing hes always right on time

Anyho thats my story on knowing God is in fact faithful & his word is true.

ReesesPieces:

Yes, indeed, He is faithful. And all around there is abundant evidence of His great faithfulness!

images
:thumbsup

This is the passage I always love to repeat to environmental alarmists when they have their own version of the "end of the world".

Along this line of seasons (since I'm interested in astronomy and time) is this passage:

Thy seed will I establish for ever, and build up thy throne to all generations. Selah....

If his children forsake my law, and walk not in my judgments; <sup>31</sup>If they break my statutes, and keep not my commandments;
<sup>32</sup>Then will I visit their transgression with the rod, and their iniquity with stripes.
<sup>33</sup>Nevertheless my lovingkindness will I not utterly take from him, nor suffer my faithfulness to fail.
<sup>34</sup>My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips.

Once have I sworn by my holiness that I will not lie unto David.
<sup>36</sup>His seed shall endure for ever, and his throne as the sun before me.
<sup>37</sup>It shall be established for ever as the moon, and as a faithful witness in heaven. Selah.

King David's seed and throne here on this earth will remain forever as long as there's a sun and moon --- that's what Psalm 89 says. But that's another subject for another day. But that's just as strong, if not more plainly stated than Genesis 8:22.

There are indeed so many examples from the natural realm which declare the greatness and faithfulness of God.

The warmth of summer, the cool fall, the bitter winter, and the dawn of spring begins again.

It's a beautiful rhythm as our planet swings around the life giving sun.

It has a sort of unique benevolence doesn't it?
Being cradled in the heavens by a gravitational pull.

It's poetic on it's own I'd say.

The warmth of summer, the cool fall, the bitter winter, and the dawn of spring begins again.

It's a beautiful rhythm as our planet swings around the life giving sun.

It has a sort of unique benevolence doesn't it?
Being cradled in the heavens by a gravitational pull.

It's poetic on it's own I'd say.

CB:

"Summer and winter and seedtime and harvest
Sun, moon and stars in their courses above
Join with all nature in manifold witness,
To Thy great faithfulness, mercies and love."

Last edited by a moderator:
He surely is faithful to his word one in particular I will never forget. I was raised in a strict church we weren't allowed to wear pants, our shirts had to be a certain length, always had to wear pantyhose in chuch services, no make up, minimal to no jewelry, in the sanctuary we ALWAYS had to wear those chapalets, & you had to be Saved to sing in the choir (this rule was not always strictly enforced). I was forced into ushering & singing in the choir ofcourse by my mom who was of course looking out for my welfare I have learned to let go the anger I held with her about this time in my life. I was trying so hard to be "saved" whatever that was back then because I didn't FULLY understand what salvation really meant but however most of my other peers were supposedly "saved" I actually beat myself over the fact that I was not "saved" I actually thought I was a demon or meant to go to tell for a lonnnnng time!! I however dont believe in lying to please other people so one sunday when my pastor stopped the choir from singing to announce that only "saved" people could sing I kindly walked right from in front of the church & found my seat. I held this resentment in my heart for years & years! Fast forward to about 4 years ago different chuch & more intimate personal relationship with Christ due to me testing out my own faith & God coming thru every time in his own timing I actually wanted to be saved, Ill never forget sitting on my bed in my room I was reading the Book oh John over & over John 3:16 in particular saying out loud I believe you Are the son of God I believe everything in your word lord what am I missing? This feeling came over me I've never experienced before infact it was such a strong feeling I was frightened by it needless to say a few week later I FINALLY received the Gift of the Holy Ghost with the evidence of speaking in tongues. Because of this & the changes I saw in me that I could not achieve on my own I KNOW that God is infact faithful to his word the evidence of his faithfulness may not have always been seen in that exact moment but in HIS timing hes always right on time

Anyho thats my story on knowing God is in fact faithful & his word is true.

Great testimony and thank you for reminding us that everything is in Gods timing as He draws us closer to Him.

Many look at the glass half empty, but I look at it half full knowing Gods blessings are overflowing and when the cup (our life) seems to become half empty I always rely on Gods timing through patience to fill it up again as God always knows what we need and when we need it, amen. God will take you to the cliff, but never will allow you to fall over it.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back