Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study The sons of God and daughters of men?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
YET IT WAS WRITTEN SATAN AND HIS ANGELS WERE CAST TO EARTH. I don't believe there are any of satans angels in the 3rd heaven were God dwells. They were all cast out.

That was written in 90 AD, and was a prophecy concerning what is to come.

After these things I looked, and behold, a door standing open in heaven. And the first voice which I heard was like a trumpet speaking with me, saying, “Come up here, and I will show you things which must take place after this.” Revelation 4:1-2

Has this come to pass, also?

Has Jesus Christ returned to earth and executed the wrath of God?

11 Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war. 12 His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns. He had a name written that no one knew except Himself. 13 He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses. 15 Now out of His mouth goes a sharp sword, that with it He should strike the nations. And He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron. He Himself treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. 16 And He has on His robe and on His thigh a name written:

KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.
Revelation 19:11-16

JLB

YET IT WAS WRITTEN SATAN AND HIS ANGELS WERE CAST TO EARTH. I don't believe there are any of satans angels in the 3rd heaven were God dwells. They were all cast out.

I *think* that they were cast out of heaven...as in the kingdom of Heaven, but that they are now still allowed to go to the kingdom of God (where God's court is)...so that he can accuse us day and night like scripture says. Later he will be cast out of there too, to the earth, which is when he will be wroth because he knows he has but a short time left...

I think. I think. I'm not stating this as fact, it is a conjecture based on piecing scriptures together but I have not received a confirmation of this or anything. I very well could be wrong. But awhile back, I wondered...why does it say, Kingdom of Heaven...Kingdom of God? I think it refers to different places, and we do know that Satan can go somewhere to accuse us...so came up with this possibility.

Satan was cast out of heaven at sometime when they first rebelled presumably...yet sure did go somewhere to accuse Job, right? So it fits.

After these things I looked, and behold, a door standing open in heaven. And the first voice which I heard was like a trumpet speaking with me, saying, “Come up here, and I will show you things which must take place after this.” Revelation 4:1-2

11 Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war. 12 His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns. He had a name written that no one knew except Himself. 13 He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses. 15 Now out of His mouth goes a sharp sword, that with it He should strike the nations. And He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron. He Himself treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. 16 And He has on His robe and on His thigh a name written:

JLB

JLB
After what?

REF rev 12
Then war broke out in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back. 8But he was not strong enough, and they lost their place in heaven. 9The great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him

The war was in the past the people who fled out into the desert and given protection for 42 months is in the future. In Zec 14 the mount of olives is split in two to make a way of escape in to the wilderness from the surrounding armies of the anti christ.
The christ child was in the past yet its part of rev 12. (yet to come)
She gave birth to a son, a male child, who “will rule all the nations with an iron scepter.a And her child was snatched up to God and to his throne. 6The woman fled into the wilderness to a place prepared for her by God, where she might be taken care of for 1,260 days.

Both Satan and his angels lost their place in heaven a long long time ago.

REF rev 12
Then war broke out in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back. 8But he was not strong enough, and they lost their place in heaven. 9The great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him

The war was in the past the people who fled out into the desert and given protection for 42 months is in the future. In Zec 14 the mount of olives is split in two to make a way of escape in to the wilderness from the surrounding armies of the anti christ.
She gave birth to a son, a male child, who “will rule all the nations with an iron scepter.a And her child was snatched up to God and to his throne. 6The woman fled into the wilderness to a place prepared for her by God, where she might be taken care of for 1,260 days.

Yes the third heaven but not heavenly places.

They still inhabit the Spirit world below the third heaven.

JLB

REF rev 12

Revelation isn't history Brother. It's prophecy. Read Rev 12 again, and think about what just happened in the heavens two days ago. The alignments...

Revelation isn't history Brother. It's prophecy. Read Rev 12 again, and think about what just happened in the heavens two days ago. The alignments...
I believe that had already happened
She gave birth to a son, a male child, who “will rule all the nations with an iron scepter.a And her child was snatched up to God and to his throne

Do you hear what you're saying, Brother? We do know there's demon possession. It's all over scripture. We don't know?
So now you resort to bearing false witness?
I never once said that there is no demon possession...not once.
In answering a fair question by you Edward, I posted what you have twisted out of shape.
You asked: "Where in the world did they come from...?" (originally quoted in post #293)
That was your own question so you are completely without excuse for saying falsely of me.
Of course there is demon possession, that was not your question was it.
You asked where they came from and I opined that no one knows...so what is your problem?

Last edited:
Your theory states that it was sons of God [godly men] that had relations with with women, in which Nephilim giants were born to them.

I am stating the obvious, since the sons of God continued to produce Nephilim giants after the flood then they were unaffected by the flood.

Which means the sons of God were angels, not men, since all flesh was wiped out by the flood, except Noah and his family.

If you still believe the sons of God was a reference to "godly men", and not angels then that would mean that Noah was the source of the Nephilim giants.

Since the only offspring listed in scripture, of the sons of God and the daughters of men is Nephilim giants, then all of Noah's offspring would be Nephilim giants based on your theory.

• I am asking you to show from the genealogy of Noah's offspring where there are Nephilim giants listed?

JLB
No so JLB, not so.
Since the only offspring listed in scripture, of the sons of God and the daughters of men is Nephilim giants, then all of Noah's offspring would be Nephilim giants based on your theory.
First of all the Scriptures do not say that the off spring of these marriages were Nephilim. If you look carefully at V4 of Gen 6 to will see that all that it tells us is 1- the Nephilim were there in those days when the sons of God married...
The plain understanding is that the Nephilim were already there, not as a consequence of these marriages. That is a meaning supplied by men not Scripture.
2- These were the mighty men who were of old, the men of renown.
Clearly not the Nephilim or Scripture would say so.
No this refers to the children born of the afore mentioned marriages.
The natural flow of the narrative connects the children with the mighty men;
'when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men who were of old, the men of renown.'

If as you seem to imply the fallen angels corrupted all flesh by way of illicit relations with human females; correct me here if I'm wrong on this, this caused God to send the flood?
And you further reason that these angels having survived the flood again began corrupting the human race..hence Nephilim post flood?
So would this not reflect poorly the competence of God? Why would He not have first rounded up the bad angels and imprisoned them in chains waiting the final day of Judgement? Then He could wash away the corrupted flesh and start over again. So you tell me, why did God leave the fallen angels free to do their thing?
In contrast what I have suggested is that Noah and/or his sons and daughters in law carried the genes which could give rise to gigantism or a similar abnormality. And the undeniable fact is that even today we see instances of these abnormalities. (are there still a few angels running around mating with women?)
So again I ask, Why would God allow fallen angels to carry out the corrupting of humanity after His big clean up flood? It just makes no sense.

• I am asking you to show from the genealogy of Noah's offspring where there are Nephilim giants listed?
You know very well that there is no information for this. So why ask when you know the information is not recorded?
The fact that there were Nephilim post flood does tell us that they were descendants of Noah. What other flesh could they have come by?
I'm sure your own genealogy would not show that you are a descendant of Noah so........how tall are you?

So now you resort to bearing false witness?
I never once said that there is no demon possession...not once.
In answering a fair question by you Edward, I posted what you have twisted out of shape.
You asked: "Where in the world did they come from...?" (originally quoted in post #293)
That was your own question so you are completely without excuse for saying falsely of me.
Of course there is demon possession, that was not your question was it.
You asked where they came from and I opined that no one knows...so what is your problem?

Oh...Well, the answer to that is obviously I misunderstood your post! So I'm sorry about that and I had no intention of bearing false witness against you. Oh my God Brother! Perhaps we are both misunderstanding each other just a bit?

I do believe that some do know where they came from. Many simply do not mostly because people are in different places in their walks with God. Our entire lives have been training for the days coming before us. We are one body and one faith with many members...so people have different plans of the Lord and will have different assignments for Him. So of course the foot can not fathom the truths of the hand, for it has no need to.

I've been re-reading the OT lately (daily), and I am seeing David going around fighting all these battles that the Lord sends him to...and I get the feeling that many of these battles, were not against men, but against the Nephilim. Just a feeling, nothing more.
Now I know that the Book of Enoch is rejected and frowned upon by most here, because it is not "canonized"...but it used to be, and is even quoted in the canon. That is a pretty good endorsement for me. We all agree that Enoch was a very righteous and Godly man...but his book is rejected so much...that I stand in awe that people can not put 2+2 together and realize that...his book is good, and the only reason it is attacked, is because it is truth, and truths that many need in this day and age! The harder something is attacked, the more of a danger it is to the enemy. Does that make sense to you Brother?

No, Enoch was Godly, but his book is lies!.....Bwahahahahahaha! So many have eyes but can not see. The point is that, I'm reading Enoch too of late, and it spells out the Nephilim vary plainly. You should give a perusal for yourself. It is...astonishing.

The whole point of talking about the Nephilim is to be able to understand that God did not bring the flood out of His wrath for sinful man. The flood was a blessing to man, that his seed be preserved, that he may live! For God so Loved the world, that He GAVE His only begotten Son...that whosoever will believe shall not perish but have everlasting life.

Peace and blessings be upon you this day Brother.

I don't buy the book of Enoch, I don't buy that fallen angels married humans, I don't buy that Satan has access or shows up in Gods heaven and throne since he and his followers were cast out and down to Earth .I do believe giants existed just like many giant animals compared to todays animals post flood . I simply believe that the nephilem were godless off spring of men who regarded God and women who brought strange teaching or gods to their family. Israels history is full of instruction to not receive strange gods into their camps, over and over .

I don't buy the book of Enoch, I don't buy that fallen angels married humans, I don't buy that Satan has access or shows up in Gods heaven and throne since he and his followers were cast out and down to Earth .I do believe giants existed just like many giant animals compared to todays animals post flood . I simply believe that the nephilem were godless off spring of men who regarded God and women who brought strange teaching or gods to their family. Israels history is full of instruction to not receive strange gods into their camps, over and over .

They quote the book of Enoch in the canonized scripture. An exact quote. They also mention the book of Jubilees by name in a few places in canonized scripture, and Jubilees talks about the fallen Angels and our women specifically also. I haven't read any of it that disagrees with any of our canonized scripture either...(personally, I have read the entire book,,,so, no matter the lies that others say.)

Like for instance, why did God tell them to commit genocide of everyone including women and children and animals in some OT scripture? Well because of the (Nephilim) tainted DNA/bloodlines. That is why God brought the flood. To kill them off...so that man could live and be blessed! You should read this entire thread, it's all in here. I don't want to just repeat repeat...

Let it be so according to your faith Brother...

Hi, Edward , going off memory but didn't the Amalekites attack Israel in the desert after Egypt . Amelek had attacked Israel during the Exodus, Israel was vulnerable and still infected with a fearful slave mentality so God preserved the Amalekites until Israel could become fearless and free from fear then God sicked Israel on them to kill every thing with breath ... Again, going on memory the Sons of God in Job 1:6 were Jobs sons assembling at each others houses on the appointed feast days and Satan also entered in . We know in heaven we will be like the angels not marrying or given in marriage with no more offspring . I also don't put any faith in the Talmud even though it may have some profit . If you've ever heard of Ron Wyatt, he found what some think is Noahs Ark in the mountains of Ararat in Turkey, it is also said that Mrs Noahs grave sarcophagus was 18' long but looted of many valuable treasures , some think and estimate she was over 12' tall . I also think all races of mankind we see today were represented on the Ark through Noah , his sons and their wives . I also think that as scripture states Eve would become the mother of all the living . This was accomplished through the direct Paternal line from Adam, Seth right down to Noah . But Adam was not only first man but he was also the first man of God who received law from God . imo I don't think Cain married his sister or mother but on the 6th day God created Adam along with mankind that included all races . I believe fallen angels can possess or oppress humans but I don't believe they can produce hybrid off spring . I'm not arguing who's right or wrong but I am saying I see no concrete evidence in the Bible I tote and my POV .. I see the nephillem as men who knew of God but combined that knowledge with evil to become super aware and evil . Satan himself had knowledge of God but fell away to become void of God and a mighty adversary committed to ruin anything of God .. IMO He couldn't be that evil without fore knowledge of Gods goodness .

If you look carefully at V4 of Gen 6 to will see that all that it tells us is 1- the Nephilim were there in those days when the sons of God married...

Nope. The verse says the Mephilim Giants were produced when the sons of God came into the daughters of men.

There were giants on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men and they bore children to them. Genesis 6:4

These Nephilim giants were produced as the offspring of the sons of God and daughters of men both before and after the flood.

JLB

Nope. The verse says the Mephilim Giants were produced when the sons of God came into the daughters of men.

There were giants on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men and they bore children to them. Genesis 6:4

These Nephilim giants were produced as the offspring of the sons of God and daughters of men both before and after the flood.

JLB

Hi JLB
Were the sons of god in Job1:6 men or fallen angels ?

Hi, Edward , going off memory but didn't the Amalekites attack Israel in the desert after Egypt . Amelek had attacked Israel during the Exodus, Israel was vulnerable and still infected with a fearful slave mentality so God preserved the Amalekites until Israel could become fearless and free from fear then God sicked Israel on them to kill every thing with breath ... Again, going on memory the Sons of God in Job 1:6 were Jobs sons assembling at each others houses on the appointed feast days and Satan also entered in . We know in heaven we will be like the angels not marrying or given in marriage with no more offspring . I also don't put any faith in the Talmud even though it may have some profit . If you've ever heard of Ron Wyatt, he found what some think is Noahs Ark in the mountains of Ararat in Turkey, it is also said that Mrs Noahs grave sarcophagus was 18' long but looted of many valuable treasures , some think and estimate she was over 12' tall . I also think all races of mankind we see today were represented on the Ark through Noah , his sons and their wives . I also think that as scripture states Eve would become the mother of all the living . This was accomplished through the direct Paternal line from Adam, Seth right down to Noah . But Adam was not only first man but he was also the first man of God who received law from God . imo I don't think Cain married his sister or mother but on the 6th day God created Adam along with mankind that included all races . I believe fallen angels can possess or oppress humans but I don't believe they can produce hybrid off spring . I'm not arguing who's right or wrong but I am saying I see no concrete evidence in the Bible I tote and my POV .. I see the nephillem as men who knew of God but combined that knowledge with evil to become super aware and evil . Satan himself had knowledge of God but fell away to become void of God and a mighty adversary committed to ruin anything of God .. IMO He couldn't be that evil without fore knowledge of Gods goodness .

You're mistaken about quite a bit of that Brother. I have studied this for years and put some serious time into it, and I was not wanting to believe it, but forced myself to set aside preconceived notions and look with an open mind...and it makes sense. It agrees with all the other scriptures and does not just stand alone. It explains why the genocide, and why the flood was a blessing instead of the curse that many believe it was. God killed of the Nephilim in the flood, so that the seed of man could continue, so we could live.

Human copulation has never brought forth hybrids or giants. Noah's wife wasn't a giant. I've never heard that before, but it has to be a lie, designed to distract and confuse from the truth of the Nephilim. Although I did read in the book of Enoch that when Noah was born...he was glowing and praising God! It terrified everyone in the house, and so they went to grandpa Enoch and asked him, what is this? What does this mean? And Enoch told them, it's ok, He's an anointed one and gives glory to God...

I know all about Ron Wyatt. I've watched all those videos. I like them. I believe that he did find the ark. On one the vids, he said that he found the Ark, but had to go for the day, and when he came back, the cave was all swept out and the Ark and other temple furniture was all set up...and Angels were there. I guess a few days later (?) The Israeli authorities wanted to recover the Ark and bring it out...so sent six men to do so...and all six of them died. So the Ark is still in there and will not be revealed to the world until the Mark of the Beast is announced...is what I heard.

It was not Jobs sons who went before God, Brother. If you word study that out in Strong's or Vine's it says Bene Elohim. sons of God...Angels. Beings who were a direct creation by God. Like Angels. Adam was too being the first man. Eve was not for she was taken out of Adam. They were fallen angels in Job...and Satan came with them it says.

Scripture doesn't exactly say that Angels are sexless. It says in heaven, Angels are not given in marriage, so that's an honor thing to be good boys. Besides, I suspect that being in the very presence of the Almighty God and feeling His presence...is so much better than any sex on earth, that it will not be a problem or even something that males think about in heaven. (There wont be any sin there!)
And we see in scripture all over where Angels appeared to men as men, and even ate meals with them and stuff. So that debate point of Angels don't marry so can't copulate is a fairly weak debate point overall. If the Nephilim is not true...then there's confusion all over the scriptures and unanswered questions...but if Nephilim are true, then it explains so much in other scriptures and answers those questions!
It sheds light on the scriptures.

Not that I want that to be true, it angers me. Those are our women. But an open mind and deeper study about this and all the differing positions on it...the Angel view is the only view that makes sense.

Noah's Ark and the flood was not God's wrath to mankind for sin. He Loves Us!! It was a blessing I tell you! If He was so mad at us, then why did He send His only Son to die...that we may live?! Boom. That makes sense.

You see, Satan can't touch God...so he messes with God's creation. Satan learned through prophecy and stuff that Jesus would be born of a pure blood line, through the line of David...and he was trying to stop Jesus from being able to be born.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back