Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Teachings of Paul

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I don’t think the Lord intended for us to view the writings of Paul as infallible. Paul was a great man and there was much to learn from him. I think the Lord intended for us to view his writings exactly as that.

We are to view Paul's letters as what? Writings that may contain error? Lead us astray?

Hardly. My God's word is perfect for teaching correct doctrine. Those who would consider anything in Scripture, given by God and God-breathed as incorrect or fallible in any way are teaching lies of the devil and have already been led astray. We must have nothing to do with them if they persistently refuse correction.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 (New King James Version)

16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Yes, 2 Timothy 3.16 is a verse which comes to mind, too.

The Bible isn't like MacDonalds, where you pick and choose what you feel like.

Why do you think that (that some Christians did not consider Paul infallible or inspired)? What groups of Christians, historically speaking, have ever believed that? Please tell me and I will be sure to research this more. I've never heard of such a thing.

In all my 57 years I’ve never been taught that the teachings of Paul are infallible. I’ve in recent years become aware there are some who believe it, but I don’t know why.

Re: The Teachings of Jesus

Jesus is quoting this Scripture:

[6] I say, "You are gods,
sons of the Most High, all of you;
[7] nevertheless, you shall die like men,
and fall like any prince." Psalms 82:8 RSV

These are the words of our Father in heaven. This is Scripture—it cannot be denied that our Father made this statement.

But you and I are not talking about the words of the Father, I do not believe. We are talking about the words of Paul. You claim that Paul is speaking on behalf of the Father. I claim he is speaking what he, Paul, believes.

Paul worked tirelessly on behalf of Jesus Christ, under His commission. Everything he said was on behalf of Jesus, and even when he said it was his own opinion, it is to be taken as from God, or it would have been stricken from the record.

In all my 57 years I’ve never been taught that the teachings of Paul are infallible. I’ve in recent years become aware there are some who believe it, but I don’t know why.

What denomination/church taught you this?

Not some: ALL Christians but a very few like yourself believe the entire 66 books of the Bible are God-breathed and infallible.

Sadly, you don't know why that is so, because you have been indoctrinated and perhaps sheltered by a church that holds to a very serious lie.

We are to view Paul's letters as what? Writings that may contain error? Lead us astray?

, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.[/B]

I do not think the Lord wanted Paul to say this:

[33] For God is not a God of confusion but of peace. As in all the churches of the saints,
[34] the women should keep silence in the churches. For they are not permitted to speak, but should be subordinate, as even the law says.
[35] If there is anything they desire to know, let them ask their husbands at home. For it is shameful for a woman to speak in church. 1 Cor 14:33-35 RSV

Yes, 2 Timothy 3.16 is a verse which comes to mind, too.

The Bible isn't like MacDonalds, where you pick and choose what you feel like.

The teachings of Jesus are to be obeyed in their entirety. He said to love the Lord with all our hearts, minds, and souls. It seems to me many Christians refuse to do this. He said to be humble. It seems to me many Christians are prideful. It seems to me there is plenty of work to be done just obeying the teachings of Jesus.

I do not think the Lord wanted Paul to say this:

[33] For God is not a God of confusion but of peace. As in all the churches of the saints,
[34] the women should keep silence in the churches. For they are not permitted to speak, but should be subordinate, as even the law says.
[35] If there is anything they desire to know, let them ask their husbands at home. For it is shameful for a woman to speak in church. 1 Cor 14:33-35 RSV

A much misinterpreted passage of scripture that Paul wrote under God's inspiration, but has been misinterpeted by whom? Men.

Paul was responding to a letter requesting his leadership in dealing with a problem. He was not making a for-all-time edict, but an order to that church concerning their women. We need the wisdom of Holy Spirit to show us the meanings of these things.

Paul is not at fault for man's prideful interpretations. I am sure he would be dismayed by how he has been misunderstood, but most of all I am sure he would be disturbed by his being maligned, especially as he is standing in God's glory now for having wrought such truth for us by his pen at the leading of the Holy Spirit for all people of the ensuing generations of mankind until Jesus comes again. What an honour!

The teachings of Jesus are to be obeyed in their entirety. He said to love the Lord with all our hearts, minds, and souls. It seems to me many Christians refuse to do this. He said to be humble. It seems to me many Christians are prideful. It seems to me there is plenty of work to be done just obeying the teachings of Jesus.

We are to obey God. Receive His whole word.

It is always my wish to uncover truth.

I do not know your spiritual age? (Heb. 5) But 'i' hope no one here get's the two 'Elijah's' mixed up!:bath(one needs a bath with his mouth washed out +! 2 Cor. 3:3)

Forum: This one here (me) BELIEVES the Eternal Gospel is JUST THAT, ETERNAL. It maters little when the pen, person penned it, it still was WRITTEN TESTIMONY OF THE WRITTER GIVEN INSPIRATION of what was seen ETERNALLY. John 1:1 + verse 14! These writters surely use their own discriptive wordings, BUT I WOULD NEVER DOUBT THE INSPIRATION.

And I see just the reverse here in this thread! It is the Jer. 17:5 ones who cast up doubt who are doing satan's work. And these ones even want to be seen as above the God Choosen INSPIRED Penman??!:screwloose I have ofter remarked before, can one can ask God to watch over them when they go on satans forbidden ground 'looking' for truth??? and that knowingly?

Personally 'i' would never think or teach such to my Matt. 28:20 'babes' even before baptism!!

--Elijah

Re: The Teachings of Jesus

Why do you believe this?

Because of Paul's remarkable conversion. He had a very intimate relationship with Jesus Christ and was full of the Holy Spirit, performing signs and wonders and carrying authority over the churches that Jesus was establishing through his ministry. He was a prophet of God and an apostle of Jesus Christ.

Not some: ALL Christians but a very few like yourself believe the entire 66 books of the Bible are God-breathed and infallible.

Sadly, you don't know why that is so, because you have been indoctrinated and perhaps sheltered by a church that holds to a very serious lie.

I believe that the Christians who believe the entire Bible is infallible are in the minority.

Hello Elijah23:

What, specifically, do you think Paul says that is in any way "suspect"? I know that is relatively common for people to see some incompatibilities between Paul and Jesus. I do not see any such problems.

I believe that the Christians who believe the entire Bible is infallible are in the minority.

Actually you live in a dreamworld if you believe that.

The Body of Christ globally receives the entire Bible as God's Word and do not maintain prejudice about Paul. Your views are aberrant and make up a small minority, but are still alarming and harmful.

I wonder why so many United Methodist churches are called 'St. Paul'? One such church's website even used a verse from Romans on its homepage!!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back