Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Thanksgiving thread

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Mike S
I should not say this but I sooo....envy the Hawaii in January. But you have a wonderful time and don't feel guilty at all about your brothers and sisters freezing here in places like, Colorado. Nope, nope, don't feel guilty...., just go have fun....., stay warm....., nope, nope, no guilt......:biggrin2

Mike S
I should not say this but I sooo....envy the Hawaii in January. But you have a wonderful time and don't feel guilty at all about your brothers and sisters freezing here in places like, Colorado. Nope, nope, don't feel guilty...., just go have fun....., stay warm....., nope, nope, no guilt......:biggrin2

:lol I'll try not to feel too guilty.

Since it looks like our daughter and her husband are going to stay in Hawai'i, we'll HAVE to spend more time there.

View attachment 5441

Happy Thanksgiving to my extended family here in CF and may it be a day full of Gods blessings as we thank Him for them. We did our family thing last weekend so others can spend it with their in-laws. We are going over to our friends house today for dinner.

3ac019d2d8f83a3912efa38517b0a6a1.jpg

Hey, you stole mine.................but then again I copied it from someone else n here, LOL.............still makes me laugh

Love that picture kathi I had a thanksgiving like that when I was 10 and my dad had just gotten remarried and us children for the first year ever started being brought to my stepmoms catholic church..anyway the church had a huge dinner like this and we had communion etc it was beautiful Ill never forget it.

Some people are just fussy. My cousin come up the other week to stay with me a few days. I cleaned the house spotless. Even hoovered. Cleaned and bleached the toilet. Wiped all the benches with spray clean stuff and she said my house was dirty all because there was some dust.

Then she explained what a spring clean is and started dusting and cleaning the windows and door handles and stuff. So picky.

At least i got a free spring clean out of it. Its been a few years

Well, there's nothing like the holidays with a few redneck boys.

They took my old cook range out of storage, it was suppose to be getting hauled off to the metal reclamation place and they blew it up with explosives, gasoline, and one bullet. No pieces went flying off but it was a very loud boom and burst into flames.
I think my son-in-law watches too many of those 'don't try this at home shows.' The kids thought it was just 'way cool'.

8f2186d4082a22496b98000cb63abe0c.jpg
This is what my kitchen looks like now.

We usually have around 30 of us gathered together and I would love to only have that amount of dishes to help wash and dry. Thank God for paper plates and plastic silverware.

They took my old cook range out of storage, it was suppose to be getting hauled off to the metal reclamation place and they blew it up with explosives, gasoline, and one bullet. No pieces went flying off but it was a very loud boom and burst into flames.
I think my son-in-law watches too many of those 'don't try this at home shows.' The kids thought it was just 'way cool'.

:lol:lol I like your family already.

Some people are just fussy. My cousin come up the other week to stay with me a few days. I cleaned the house spotless. Even hoovered. Cleaned and bleached the toilet. Wiped all the benches with spray clean stuff and she said my house was dirty all because there was some dust.

Then she explained what a spring clean is and started dusting and cleaning the windows and door handles and stuff. So picky.

At least i got a free spring clean out of it. Its been a few years
I used to have a friend when I was in grade school.I would go to her place and hang out.Her mother would have all kind of dirty pots and pans from dinners from who knows how long.There were tons of flies crawling on the left over food.
Now your cousin was too fussy.That was nice of you to make the effort to clean up.

its male thing, don't try to change them, just accept that we like to do that.

its male thing, don't try to change them, just accept that we like to do that.
Hey, they were happy having fun and not in the way in the kitchen. :shades
Really was pretty wild, I wish I had thought to take a picture that I could have posted.

Back