Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The True Church Are You In It ?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
phil marriner - I believe I have transcribed the words from the audio tape or CD you posted correctly below; if not please correct me.

Phil Marriner - Church going is a man made, not God ordained exercise.

Eugene – John wrote to the seven churches which are in Asia Rev 1:4, though in Rev 2:8 we read “And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write . .” There is but one church made up of all who have believed upon the Lord, but it is in different locations just as then.

Phil Marriner - He put an end to those arrangements in the first century with the destruction of the temple, and from that time on man was to live in spirit and truth. Any church I can see with the physical eyes is man made.

Eugene – Not true in my opinion. A building is simply a building where believers come together. We are the church, the body of Christ and He is the head regardless its location. As for putting an end of the things Paul wrote of in the first century such as 1 Cor 14:26, How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying. Even on these forums we should come together with that same mind to the edification of our brethren. And then according to Rom 2:16 it would be shame to say Paul's writings no longer pertained to our walk in Christ. "In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel."

Phil Marriner – They always want you to affiliate with them; become members, sign up . .

Eugene – Not true. When possible I attend an assembly of believers with no membership. Organization creates other heads than Christ, and to my understanding many of the saints meeting in homes operate much in the same manner.

Good morning Gentlemen,
Just preparing to go teach my class but both of you are correct. The thing is, though, without the reinforcement of fellowship it is so darn like a man to drift and that is not of God. And without that fellowship the depth of the scripture is much more likely to never be plumbed. I am an avid antidisestablishmentarian for these reasons alone and there are a number more to hold this position.

If we look no further than the Revelation of Jesus, the Christ, He did have John to write the letters to the seven Churches to discipline them, not to disband them. And as we know from study of His Word, God disciplines those He loves.

Just food for thought.

Good morning Gentlemen,
Just preparing to go teach my class but both of you are correct. The thing is, though, without the reinforcement of fellowship it is so darn like a man to drift and that is not of God. And without that fellowship the depth of the scripture is much more likely to never be plumbed. I am an avid antidisestablishmentarian for these reasons alone and there are a number more to hold this position.

If we look no further than the Revelation of Jesus, the Christ, He did have John to write the letters to the seven Churches to discipline them, not to disband them. And as we know from study of His Word, God disciplines those He loves.

Just food for thought.
th1b.taylor
Good morning Brother Bill. Blessings to you in your class today. I would truly hate to not benefit from the gift God has given you for my edification. :)

The first video was to point out that every denomination think that they have the truth and the one around the corner teachers a wrong thing .This is because of being conditioned by man in those places. Thats why Jehovah witness, catholics, baptist,mormons, pentecostal etc etc will not worship and praise the lord together. Because they emotionally are attached to a counterfeit visible representation of the true church which cannot be seen. They are in bondage to those dogmas and teachings .Instead of entering spiritually to the true place of worship as Paul points out in Hebrews

The first video was to point out that every denomination think that they have the truth and the one around the corner teachers a wrong thing .This is because of being conditioned by man in those places. Thats why Jehovah witness, catholics, baptist,mormons, pentecostal etc etc will not worship and praise the lord together. Because they emotionally are attached to a counterfeit visible representation of the true church which cannot be seen. They are in bondage to those dogmas and teachings .Instead of entering spiritually to the true place of worship as Paul points out in Hebrews
The same can be said of the individual

I wouldn't say that. I've been to many multi-denominational conventions, with thousands of people.

Yes, they regularly worship in different buildings, but when it comes down to it, they are one with Christ. With the exception of JW's and Mormons, of course.

Sorry, too many things seemed to miss the scripture I read. I see that church is ALL about being deeply involved with others... intimately. And, I won't go into some of the other things I think I heard that rang a little wrong to me, since a voice tape like this seems a fairly poor way to communicate on a forum...... It seems a little like people who post 403 lines of text, and say, "There's my point... do you agree?"

I did not say the true place of worship cannot be seen or made by human hands the APostle Paul said it read Hebrews
Hebrews 8
Now the main point of what we are saying is this: We do have such a high priest, who sat down at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in heaven, 2 and who serves in the sanctuary, the true tabernacle set up by the Lord, not by a mere human being.

Notice the grammar WE DO not we will have, WHO SAT not who will sit and WHO SERVES not who will serve in where .The true place of worship not made by human hands, according to whatever translation you would like to use

Phil,
I wish you had been a member of the Promise Keepers Movement here in the U.S. Te only folks I did not worship with in those gatherings were the JWs and that is only because they have chosen the route of being a cult. And before anyone jumps me for that statement, any assembly that refuses to accept the clear cut teaching of the scripture and reinvents Jesus is a cult, that is even true of the very admirable Mormons.

The Witnesses refuse to admit that Jesus is the Son of God and that the Holy Spirit is a separate being from God the Father. The Mormons teach that Jesus became "a" god when He died just as they will become gods when the males of their church die. And there is a movement inside the pail of Christianity of which I am not at all certain, the Modalists. The Modalist believes God has reveled Himself in three Modes.

The idea that Christians cannot worship together because we are all certain we have the right form for the Church is plain silly. We can and we do as long as the essentials of the Christian faith are held and things like Speaking in Tongues are not held and taught away from the light of all scripture. There will even be folks that, truly, committed to God before they fell away and into the cults that will be saved and we just need to do as the Promise Keepers did, put aside silly, man made, differences and join in our common faith.

Of course i do. I fellowship all the time . You are missing my point , it is the emotional attachment to a set of dogma and systematic worship that most churches expect you to adhere to. The purpose of the post is to point out that you belong to Jesus Christ not a church there is a total difference. I enjoy fellowship with many brothers and sisters around the world.

Of course i do. I visit churches all the time when i go to new places. You are missing my point , it is the emotional attachment to a set of dogma and systamatic worship that many churches expect you to adhere to. The purpose of the post is to point out that you belong to Jesus Christ not a church there is a total difference. I enjoy fellowship with many brothers and sisters around the world.
And when you are at home? Or are you one of the lucky ones who gets to travel constantly for work, pleasure, or whatever?

Back