Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Truth Project

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Mike

Has anyone heard of this, or participated in it. "The Truth Project" is an in depth 12-hour-long dvd set that's associated by Focus on the Family. I say "associated", because they are taking a very unique approach to getting this series in the hands of people. No marketing campaign, and to even be able to buy it, you either had to attend a day-long conference or have gone through an in-home course with a small group. Since they're not marketing it and forcing people to do a small group or a conference in order to buy it, they're not going for the money grab.

Very indepth with scripture thrown at you left and right. Two things they focus on:

1. Do you really, REALLY believe the Truths that you say you believe? In a moment of honesty, are there doubts you'd say you had about God's Truth.
  2. Separating all the aspects of a Christian World View from those of a secular world view
The goal here is to empower the participants to see where lies are subtly Implanted into our culture and the two world views become blended and empower them to defend the Truth when called to do it.

For anyone who's interest, I'd be happy to share more. I'd like to know if anyone else has as well!

I have one question for anyone who's read this post: Why did Jesus come to earth?

Why did Jesus come to earth?

To be the ultimate sacrifice, put an end to the law, bridge the gap between people and the Father, atone for the sins of all so that we will be worthy to be in His glorious presence.

Our bible study did one section of it. It is very in depth, I think we are going to be doing another next week. The one we watched had to do with the relationship between God Jesus and the Holy spirit and the family structure.
Why did Jesus come to earth?

Mike you should be answering that fist before you get us to :)

He came to atone for our sins that we may have a personal relationship with God. I think Romans 5 explains it.

In a way, I'm testing the waters here. Both answers so far are terrific. :thumbsup But not the reason He came.

I'm not playing a game here. I believe this is important. A friend was in a room of hundreds of people being trained to lead small groups with this study. They asked this question, and no one got it right! These were presumably very knowledgeable believers. I was in a small group, and no one got it right either.

As I said, your answers were very profound and while they are not wrong and are both very thought provoking, they are not the reason Jesus came.

Here's a hint. Jesus said exactly why He came to earth.

Again, please don't think I'm jerking you around. It's just a way of working to my point. :yes

Why did Jesus come to earth? :chin :study

Since they're not marketing it and forcing people to do a small group or a conference in order to buy it, they're not going for the money grab.

Let's see if I understand this correctly. First they make you either pay for a conference or buy course materials that you can use in a small group, then, purely out of the goodness of their hearts, they will let you buy the DVDs. When you watch the DVD, you then find that there is nothing on it that wasn't coverred in the conference, so you ended up paying for the same thing twice. And you say they're not in it for the money? Sounds pretty lucrative to me.

Paul Wrote:
Romans 7:12 So then, the law is holy, and the commandment is holy, righteous, and good.

Jesus Said:
(Net Bible) Matthew 5:17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have not come to abolish these things but to fulfill them."

The purpose of the law was to show that Isreal was still "In Adam" (Romans 7 -8) and the purpose of Jesus was the word made flesh (John 1). In other words, Jesus shows us how to live the way God wants us to live. When you bounce Matthew 5 against how Jesus lived and died... truely he fulfilled torah.

Do I get a cookie or a bag of rocks, Mike?

John 10 verse 41

For judgement I have come into this world, so that the blind will see and those who see will become blind.

:)

All good answers, to be sure.

But the reason why I think I get the cookie is because the reason why Jesus did all these things was because....

...it was the will of the Father. :nod

(John 6:38)

I can't have chocolate, and peanut butter is good, but a white chocolate/macadamia nut cookie would be particularly nice!

...and I'll share!

:23 And Jesus answered them, "The hour has come for the Son of Man to be glorified.
Joh 12:24 Truly, truly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit.
Joh 12:25 Whoever loves his life loses it, and whoever hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life.
Joh 12:26 If anyone serves me, he must follow me; and where I am, there will my servant be also. If anyone serves me, the Father will honor him.
Joh 12:27 "Now is my soul troubled. And what shall I say? 'Father, save me from this hour'? But for this purpose I have come to this hour.
Joh 12:28 Father, glorify your name." Then a voice came from heaven: "I have glorified it, and I will glorify it again."
Joh 12:29 The crowd that stood there and heard it said that it had thundered. Others said, "An angel has spoken to him."
Joh 12:30 Jesus answered, "This voice has come for your sake, not mine.
Joh 12:31 Now is the judgment of this world; now will the ruler of this world be cast out.
Joh 12:32 And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself."

Look at John 12:31 :)

Sounds great Dora! Since you can't have chocolate, I'll take the white chocolate, and you can have the nuts, ;)

"Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice."

John 18:37

"Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice."

John 18:37

BING BING!!! We have a winner! (actually, we're all winners!)

John 18:
"<sup class="versenum" id="en-NIV-26808">33</sup>Pilate then went back inside the palace, summoned Jesus and asked him, "Are you the king of the Jews?"
<sup class="versenum" id="en-NIV-26809">34</sup>"Is that your own idea," Jesus asked, "or did others talk to you about me?"
<sup class="versenum" id="en-NIV-26810">35</sup>"Am I a Jew?" Pilate replied. "It was your people and your chief priests who handed you over to me. What is it you have done?"
<sup class="versenum" id="en-NIV-26811">36</sup>Jesus said, "My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jews. But now my kingdom is from another place."
<sup class="versenum" id="en-NIV-26812">37</sup>"You are a king, then!" said Pilate.
Jesus answered, "You are right in saying I am a king. In fact, for this reason I was born, and for this I came into the world, to testify to the truth."

Yes, we are all right because we all hinted at part of the grand plan... Truth.

You can have my cookie, I don't eat sweets.

Theo, not to lose focus here, it would make them more money if they mass-marketed this study to all comers. I didn't have to pay anything. Once you go through the series in a small group, you're given a pass code to log in to their website thetruthproject.org .

There, you have forums on the series segments and other resources.

They didn't search for an answer to this question to validate the study. The created this study in response to this statement. They contend that all sin is a product of buying into the lies of Satan dating back to the garden. Today, we have a "cosmic struggle" between the Truth and lies. We have our biblical world vision and our secular one.

Jesus continues his statement to Pilot by saying "... Everyone on the side of truth listens to me."

So there's two sides at war. We either buy into the secular lies, or we fully buy into His Truth. It's a very intense study. Talk about Bible gymnastics. The first hour has over 40 points of scripture to cross-reference the significance of believing and living out the Truth and letting a biblical world vision lead our lives.

Can you believe that I'm going to be obnoxious enough to stick with the fact that ultimate answer to this question though is that Jesus came to do the will of the Father. Even the direct to be born and come into this world came from the Father....

ok, ok, so I really want a cookie!!!! :tongue

This sounds interesting Mike, I hope you'll share more with us!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back