Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The United States & End Times

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Is it mentioned? I've heard links here and there, something about the UK and USA being linked to the bible in Revelation, I can't remember how and where though.

First, I want to know if you want to see things written in black and white (the letter) or are you aware that the Lord speaks to us in parables (types and shadows) through the Old Testament.

In other words, do you understand this scripture ?: 1Co 10:11 Now these things (Old Testament ) happened unto them (Jews ) by way of example; and they were written for our (church) admonition, upon whom the ends of the ages are come.

Well up until the big rapture argument we all had yesterday I was thinking a pre-rapture as there are probably more christians in the U.S. then any where in the world. But now I am not so sure. I can tell you what the top ten futurists say the reasons are people like Hitchcock, Lindsey etc..

First off the U.S. is not mentioned anywhere in endtimes at all.

But here are a few of the theorys:

A pre-rapture (please no more rapture arguments) to painful..

The U.S. has a market meltdown and becomes so tied with the E.U. that we see a United States of Europe. So when the bible mentions the E.U./Roman Empire it includes the U.S.

The U.S. simply stays out of any of the middle east conflicts.

The U.S. is in fact The Great Babylon.

There can only be theories if the bible does not mention anything about the U.S.

Cornelius said:
First, I want to know if you want to see things written in black and white (the letter) or are you aware that the Lord speaks to us in parables (types and shadows) through the Old Testament.

In other words, do you understand this scripture ?: 1Co 10:11 Now these things (Old Testament ) happened unto them (Jews ) by way of example; and they were written for our (church) admonition, upon whom the ends of the ages are come.

I like to read scripture in the literal sense. But I would be more interested in knowing if anyone can prove the U.S. or the U.K for that matter is invoved in endtimes via scripture.. a parable or metaphoric is fine.

Do you think Babylon in Revelation is pointing to Babylon for real ? If not, then would you consider that God is in fact speaking through parables, to reveal a bigger truth? America being a world leader at this moment in time, it would be a gross oversight to leave her out of prophecy, don't you think? If the US is left out, then who is mentioned? Who then would be more important in the current history of the world today.

God speaks through parables to us. Can you maybe think of something that would be a sign for the US. God used the Bear and the Lion and the Leopard too , to point out Nations in the Bible. What would you have used as a symbol for America ?

Yes of course I know the answer that would be the Eagle ..

I've just been through the DVD called "America's Changing Face" and verse after verse Van Impe points to the U.S. as being the Great Modern Day Babylon.

There was one verse (just don't recall it at the moment).. That described the people of modern day Babylon. It described them as being from different ethnic backgrounds not the same. As in multicultural people just like the U.S.

Yes it does sound impossible to me that the U.S. is not mentioned.

If we look at this verse, then God tells us a way to know the future:

Ecc 1:9 That which hath been is that which shall be; and that which hath been done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun. History repeats. Even the world sometimes sees this truth (Google will show this)

Now what I find interesting is that if we see the "eagle" as a red flag, we can follow it in history too. If this eagle points to the spiritual prince that ruled and is ruling a nation (and previous nations) In Daniel we learn that "princes" (demon principalities) are indeed in charge of nations.Dan 10:20 Then said he, Knowest thou wherefore I am come unto thee? and now will I return to fight with the prince of Persia: and when I go forth, lo, the prince of Greece shall come.

If we follow the Eagle through history, we will also see that this eagle always have the same thing in mind. World control: A One World Order. That is the thing that stands out about the Eagle.

Lamassu: Babylonian protective demon with a bull's body, eagle's wings, and a human head.These monumental statues were called aladlammû ("protective spirit") or lamassu, which means that the original female word was now applied for a rather macho demon. In one modern interpretation, they combine the strength of a bull, the freedom of an eagle, and the intelligence of a human being. Female lamassu's are called apsasû.

http://www.livius.org/la-ld/lamassu/lamassu.html

Here is an image of the Lamassu:

http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/images/h2/h2_32.143.2.jpg

nonbelieverforums said:
So what role do you suspect the U.S. has in endtimes then.. even if it just your theory ?? but perferable with scripture.

I looked at the eagle as it went from Babylon and then we find it again in another One World Empire called Rome. After that is is seen in Hitler's attempt at the same thing. Now the Eagle finally has the power to do this. We only have to Google to find out the news at this moment about what they are planning regarding a joining of the nations.
I will put together some scriptures. This is difficult , because so many of my brothers and sisters are living there, but we must guard against patriotism overtaking us. We are firstly citizens of the Kingdom of Heaven, we are not of this world.

Cornelius said:
nonbelieverforums said:
So what role do you suspect the U.S. has in endtimes then.. even if it just your theory ?? but perferable with scripture.

I looked at the eagle as it went from Babylon and then we find it again in another One World Empire called Rome. After that is is seen in Hitler's attempt at the same thing. Now the Eagle finally has the power to do this. We only have to Google to find out the news at this moment about what they are planning regarding a joining of the nations.
I will put together some scriptures. This is difficult , because so many of my brothers and sisters are living there, but we must guard against patriotism overtaking us. We are firstly citizens of the Kingdom of Heaven, we are not of this world.

Well Jesus came under the shadow of the Roman eagle. The US resembles mostly the Roman empire with the senate and representative. Rome was a republic with a ceasar (president) as ruler.

The symbolism shows me that when Jesus is revealed it will also be under the shadow of the eagle of the prophetic Rome.

The eagle is used 23 times in God’s Word; I see the eagle as a very symbolic spiritual bird; for an eagle s to me speaks of the Overcomer in the Book of Revelation. Jeremiah 48:40
For thus saith the LORD; Behold, he shall fly as an eagle, and shall spread his wings over Moab.

I see a eagle as a bird that soars on heights far greater then most birds, on that has keen eyesight and strenght.

1. Leviticus 11:13
And these are they which ye shall have in abomination among the fowls; they shall not be eaten, they are an abomination: the eagle, and the ossifrage, and the ospray,

2. Leviticus 11:18
And the swan, and the pelican, and the gier eagle,

3. Deuteronomy 14:12
But these are they of which ye shall not eat: the eagle, and the ossifrage, and the ospray,

4. Deuteronomy 14:17
And the pelican, and the gier eagle, and the cormorant,

5. Deuteronomy 28:49
The LORD shall bring a nation against thee from far, from the end of the earth, as swift as the eagle flieth; a nation whose tongue thou shalt not understand;

6. Deuteronomy 32:11
As an eagle stirreth up her nest, fluttereth over her young, spreadeth abroad her wings, taketh them, beareth them on her wings:

7. Job 9:26
They are passed away as the swift ships: as the eagle that hasteth to the prey.

8. Job 39:27
Doth the eagle mount up at thy command, and make her nest on high?

9. Proverbs 23:5
Wilt thou set thine eyes upon that which is not? for riches certainly make themselves wings; they fly away as an eagle toward heaven.

10. Proverbs 30:19
The way of an eagle in the air; the way of a serpent upon a rock; the way of a ship in the midst of the sea; and the way of a man with a maid.

11. Jeremiah 48:40
For thus saith the LORD; Behold, he shall fly as an eagle, and shall spread his wings over Moab.

12. Jeremiah 49:16
Thy terribleness hath deceived thee, and the pride of thine heart, O thou that dwellest in the clefts of the rock, that holdest the height of the hill: though thou shouldest make thy nest as high as the eagle, I will bring thee down from thence, saith the LORD.

13. Jeremiah 49:22
Behold, he shall come up and fly as the eagle, and spread his wings over Bozrah: and at that day shall the heart of the mighty men of Edom be as the heart of a woman in her pangs.

14. Ezekiel 1:10
As for the likeness of their faces, they four had the face of a man, and the face of a lion, on the right side: and they four had the face of an ox on the left side; they four also had the face of an eagle.

15. Ezekiel 10:14
And every one had four faces: the first face was the face of a cherub, and the second face was the face of a man, and the third the face of a lion, and the fourth the face of an eagle.

16. Ezekiel 17:3
And say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; A great eagle with great wings, longwinged, full of feathers, which had divers colours, came unto Lebanon, and took the highest branch of the cedar:

17. Ezekiel 17:7
There was also another great eagle with great wings and many feathers: and, behold, this vine did bend her roots toward him, and shot forth her branches toward him, that he might water it by the furrows of her plantation.

18. Hosea 8:1
Set the trumpet to thy mouth. He shall come as an eagle against the house of the LORD, because they have transgressed my covenant, and trespassed against my law.

19. Obadiah 1:4
Though thou exalt thyself as the eagle, and though thou set thy nest among the stars, thence will I bring thee down, saith the LORD.

20. Micah 1:16
Make thee bald, and poll thee for thy delicate children; enlarge thy baldness as the eagle; for they are gone into captivity from thee.

21. Habakkuk 1:8
Their horses also are swifter than the leopards, and are more fierce than the evening wolves: and their horsemen shall spread themselves, and their horsemen shall come from far; they shall fly as the eagle that hasteth to eat.

22. Revelation 4:7
And the first beast was like a lion, and the second beast like a calf, and the third beast had a face as a man, and the fourth beast was like a flying eagle.

23. Revelation 12:14
And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.

Originally posted by Benoni
The eagle is used 23 times in God’s Word; I see the eagle as a very symbolic spiritual bird; for an eagle s to me speaks of the Overcomer in the Book of Revelation. Jeremiah 48:40

I see a eagle as a bird that soars on heights far greater then most birds, on that has keen eyesight and strenght.

And these are they which ye shall have in abomination among the fowls; they shall not be eaten, they are an abomination: the eagle, and the ossifrage, and the ospray,

But these are they of which ye shall not eat: the eagle, and the ossifrage, and the ospray,

The LORD shall bring a nation against thee from far, from the end of the earth, as swift as the eagle flieth; a nation whose tongue thou shalt not understand;

As an eagle stirreth up her nest, fluttereth over her young, spreadeth abroad her wings, taketh them, beareth them on her wings:

Wilt thou set thine eyes upon that which is not? for riches certainly make themselves wings; they fly away as an eagle toward heaven.

The way of an eagle in the air; the way of a serpent upon a rock; the way of a ship in the midst of the sea; and the way of a man with a maid.

Thy terribleness hath deceived thee, and the pride of thine heart, O thou that dwellest in the clefts of the rock, that holdest the height of the hill: though thou shouldest make thy nest as high as the eagle, I will bring thee down from thence, saith the LORD.

Behold, he shall come up and fly as the eagle, and spread his wings over Bozrah: and at that day shall the heart of the mighty men of Edom be as the heart of a woman in her pangs.

As for the likeness of their faces, they four had the face of a man, and the face of a lion, on the right side: and they four had the face of an ox on the left side; they four also had the face of an eagle.

And every one had four faces: the first face was the face of a cherub, and the second face was the face of a man, and the third the face of a lion, and the fourth the face of an eagle.

And say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; A great eagle with great wings, longwinged, full of feathers, which had divers colours, came unto Lebanon, and took the highest branch of the cedar:

There was also another great eagle with great wings and many feathers: and, behold, this vine did bend her roots toward him, and shot forth her branches toward him, that he might water it by the furrows of her plantation.

Set the trumpet to thy mouth. He shall come as an eagle against the house of the LORD, because they have transgressed my covenant, and trespassed against my law.

Though thou exalt thyself as the eagle, and though thou set thy nest among the stars, thence will I bring thee down, saith the LORD.

Make thee bald, and poll thee for thy delicate children; enlarge thy baldness as the eagle; for they are gone into captivity from thee.

Their horses also are swifter than the leopards, and are more fierce than the evening wolves: and their horsemen shall spread themselves, and their horsemen shall come from far; they shall fly as the eagle that hasteth to eat.

And the first beast was like a lion, and the second beast like a calf, and the third beast had a face as a man, and the fourth beast was like a flying eagle.

And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.

Regardless of theological differences on the whole, that is a most excellent post! :amen I love those passages.

But what I find difficult is that almost all of the countries that are involved in endtimes are actually mentioned by name in someway.. It's not symbolic.

Rosh, Magog, Meshech, Tubal, Persia, Put, Gomer, kings of the east, the revived Roman Empire etc...

But then when we get to what would be the U.S. it becomes symbolic as in the Eagle very strange.

So can someone translate or give me their best guess on what the U.S. would be doing in endtimes.

I believe Obama will lead the way to the creation of the New World Order as Kissinger (A Bilderberger) said he would. But it is not clear to me in any scripture that the U.S. will fight in any battle or will have any involvment when it comes to all of the nations turning against Israel. Unless the U.S becomes the United States of Europe I have read that theory as well.

Obama is certainly charismatic and arrogant and has the personality of the antichrist.. but he doesn't have any military experience and no way the Nations of Islam are going to trust an American to lead them.

All roads for peace in the east in the past have come out of Madrid Spain previously by the King of Spain. Currently there is a peace agreement between the Jews and Muslims called The European Neighborhood Policy that stared in 2007, this was put together by Javier Solana the current ruler of the E.U. He is also from Spain. Under Recommendation 666 Solana has more power then Cesar had over the armies of Rome. But Solana retires in the fall. I can't wait to see who replaces him.

By a complete coincidence The European Neighborhood Policy that stared in 2007 comes up for a renewal in three and a half years (does this sound familair) Wink !!

You want to read something really heavy about eagles, check out on the web Bill Britton's "Eagle Saint's Arise" which has nothing to do with UR.

Bill compares an eagle with a foul (chicken) and how most chickens (earth bound christian) will eat anything on the ground, they are always facing earth bound. They live other chickens just like their selves in their little chicken coup. But an eagle soars on eagle winds riding the wind and has vision to see a far off. Awesome book

Osgiliath said:
Originally posted by Benoni

Regardless of theological differences on the whole, that is a most excellent post! :amen I love those passages.

nonbelieverforums said:
Well up until the big rapture argument we all had yesterday I was thinking a pre-rapture as there are probably more christians in the U.S. then any where in the world. But now I am not so sure. I can tell you what the top ten futurists say the reasons are people like Hitchcock, Lindsey etc..

First off the U.S. is not mentioned anywhere in endtimes at all.

But here are a few of the theorys:

A pre-rapture (please no more rapture arguments) to painful..

The U.S. has a market meltdown and becomes so tied with the E.U. that we see a United States of Europe. So when the bible mentions the E.U./Roman Empire it includes the U.S.

The U.S. simply stays out of any of the middle east conflicts.

The U.S. is in fact The Great Babylon.

There can only be theories if the bible does not mention anything about the U.S.
5. The U.S. could have no significant part in biblical end-times
The United States has been a blessed nation due to our faith in God. Just because we are a world power today does not necessarily mean we will be one tomorrow. We have a President who has publically said we are no longer a nation under one God. We see more moral decay everyday. If our Lord decides to withhold the blessings He has bestowed on this nation, we simply may not be the powerful nation that we are today. Pray for the United States! We need to become once again-- ONE NATION UNDER GOD

Westtexas

Ya that seems to make sense to me as well..

It is certainly clear that the U.S. will not be helping Israel with a pre-emptive stick on Iran.. It does seem that Obama has a bud out type of attitude when it comes to the middle east.. Yes I am aware he is putting together peace proposals.. but many in Israel feel let down that Obama will not push the U.S. into this conflict. I read jpost.com everyday..

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back