Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Unpardonable Sin

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I believe I understand why you've concluded what you have, but I suppose that would depend on one's interpretation. I believe the offense is in a direct relation to the Spirit of God Himself (Mat 3:29, 30). The Pharisees related God's Spirit to "Beelzebub the prince of the devils" (Mat 12:24), thus resulting in blasphemy in vs 31, 32.

What these men were saying was concerning Jesus Christ, not holy spirit. So therefore, this was considered a sin against the son of man, that was considered forgivable,
Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come. (Matthew 12:32 [NIV])

I believe I understand why you've concluded what you have, but I suppose that would depend on one's interpretation. I believe the offense is in a direct relation to the Spirit of God Himself (Mat 3:29, 30). The Pharisees related God's Spirit to "Beelzebub the prince of the devils" (Mat 12:24), thus resulting in blasphemy in vs 31, 32.

What these men were saying was concerning Jesus Christ, not holy spirit. So therefore, this was considered a sin against the son of man, that was considered forgivable,
Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come. (Matthew 12:32 [NIV])

What these men were saying was concerning Jesus Christ, not holy spirit.
Yes, I agree that it was clearly also offense an against the Lord Jesus, but my conclusion is the result of what Jesus said about His Spirit, giving it more attention and attributing it mostly to the Spirit. To "speak against" Christ and to "speak against" the Spirit is blasphemy (Mat 12:21, 32). I also see no problem believing either way concerning this subject, it no longer being mentioned after the Pharisees error.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back