Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study The Virgin Birth

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

ugmug

The Virgin Birth

When one considers that God had an infinite number of ways to bring his son into this world he chose a virgin birth. One must remember that we, who were born by an act of copulation, have the original sin of Adam and Eve passed onto us, therefore we must all eventually die. But when God's son Jesus Christ comes into this world he must be sinless and therefore must not inherit man's original sin. A virgin birth shields Jesus Christ from inheriting man's original sin.

But what we must also consider is that original sin brought to man the knowledge of good and evil which is essential for the realization of our own sinfulness. Therefore a dilemma becomes apparent, for if Jesus Christ is born sinless he will not inherit Adam and Eve's sin and would not inherit the knowledge of Good and Evil. So how could Jesus Christ offer his own life for our sins if he doesn’t have the knowledge of good and evil to comprehend sin? Jesus Christ would be more of a Guinea pig than a sin offering if he did not fully understand what is being asked of him.

For anyone to claim that he or she is without sin they must also show no signs of understanding good and evil. A sinless person would essentially resemble an animal in this regard, not understanding good from evil. But since Jesus Christ is God, as man, he would automatically have the knowledge of good and evil. Which is why Jesus Christ must be God born into this world, a virgin birth, as man.

God Bless

note:
Because Jesus Christ came into this world, a virgin birth, he did not inherit man's original sin therefore Jesus Christ was not under the any penalty of death. Jesus Christ could have lived in this world forever. Also, since Jesus Christ didn't have the penalty of death hanging over him, not only could he have lived forever, but he would also not have aged at all. Aging is a process of death which Jesus Christ would not be subjected to. Satan knew if Jesus Christ continued on in this world his lack of aging would confirm his deity. Satan was in a hurry to get rid of Jesus, while not knowing his death would ultimately set the rest of mankind free from their sins. So please accept the forgiveness offered by the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ and live forever with him in heaven.

we, who were born by an act of copulation, have the original sin of Adam and Eve passed onto us, therefore we must all eventually die. But when God's son Jesus Christ comes into this world he must be sinless and therefore must not inherit man's original sin. A virgin birth shields Jesus Christ from inheriting man's original sin.
Some folk honestly believe that the Lord's virgin birth disconnected him from Adam. But what they fail to take into consideration is that Eve wasn't a discreet species created from dust as had been Adam. No, Eve was manufactured from already-existing human material amputated from Adam's side; ergo: Adam's flesh is women's flesh, Adam's blood is women's blood, Adam's bones are women's bones, and Adam's life is women's life; viz: women are just as much Adam as Adam except for gender.

So then, even if Eve's first son Cain had been virgin born; he still would have been Adam's biological progeny because the origin of his mother's existence was Adam; which is why it is impossible to disconnect Christ from Adam's biological progeny. Was Jesus born of a daughter of Eve? Yes. Well then he's just as much Adam's biological progeny as his mother.

Jesus Christ was not under the any penalty of death. Jesus Christ could have lived in this world forever.
Had Jesus been immortal as you claim, it would have been impossible to execute him. But the fact of the matter is; he was just as human a human being as his mother and as his ancestors David, Abraham, Jacob, Isaac, Noah, Seth, and Adam. Therefore, had Jesus wished to live forever as Adam's progeny, he would have needed to supplement his diet with nourishment from the tree of life in order to stay alive indefinitely; but that avenue was closed at Gen 3:22-24.

Now, as touching the aspect of original sin as per Rom 5:12, the important thing is: Jesus never committed any sins of his own. And by the way, Adam's sin was not a sin unto Hell; it was only a sin unto mortality so that when each of us expires; justice is thoroughly satisfied for that sin. However, your own sins are another story. Those are the ones that put people in grave danger of the wrath of God and that's because there is only one resurrection allotted per person (Dan 12:2, John 5:29). So then, when people are put to death for a second time in the reservoir of liquefied flame depicted at Rev 20:10-15; they won't be coming back.

Buen Camino
/

The Virgin Birth

When one considers that God had an infinite number of ways to bring his son into this world he chose a virgin birth. One must remember that we, who were born by an act of copulation, have the original sin of Adam and Eve passed onto us, therefore we must all eventually die. But when God's son Jesus Christ comes into this world he must be sinless and therefore must not inherit man's original sin. A virgin birth shields Jesus Christ from inheriting man's original sin.

But what we must also consider is that original sin brought to man the knowledge of good and evil which is essential for the realization of our own sinfulness. Therefore a dilemma becomes apparent, for if Jesus Christ is born sinless he will not inherit Adam and Eve's sin and would not inherit the knowledge of Good and Evil. So how could Jesus Christ offer his own life for our sins if he doesn’t have the knowledge of good and evil to comprehend sin? Jesus Christ would be more of a Guinea pig than a sin offering if he did not fully understand what is being asked of him.

For anyone to claim that he or she is without sin they must also show no signs of understanding good and evil. A sinless person would essentially resemble an animal in this regard, not understanding good from evil. But since Jesus Christ is God, as man, he would automatically have the knowledge of good and evil. Which is why Jesus Christ must be God born into this world, a virgin birth, as man.

God Bless

note:
Because Jesus Christ came into this world, a virgin birth, he did not inherit man's original sin therefore Jesus Christ was not under the any penalty of death. Jesus Christ could have lived in this world forever. Also, since Jesus Christ didn't have the penalty of death hanging over him, not only could he have lived forever, but he would also not have aged at all. Aging is a process of death which Jesus Christ would not be subjected to. Satan knew if Jesus Christ continued on in this world his lack of aging would confirm his deity. Satan was in a hurry to get rid of Jesus, while not knowing his death would ultimately set the rest of mankind free from their sins. So please accept the forgiveness offered by the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ and live forever with him in heaven.

There is only one way the Savior could come into the world, as so spoken in GEN 3, and, HE would have died eventually someday, regardless HIS Innocnce of Sin, because He was flesh: as it is written, no flesh can enter into the Heaven; therefore, in order for HIM to get back there, HE had to die.

as it is written, no flesh can enter into the Heaven; therefore, in order for HIM to get back there, HE had to die.
Whatever the nature of Christ's glorified body, he remains capable of dining upon organic foods.

†. Luke 22:15-16 . . I have eagerly desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer. For I tell you: I will not eat it again until it finds fulfillment in the kingdom of God.

And also capable of imbibing organic beverages.

†. Mtt 26:29 . . I tell you: I will not drink of this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it anew with you in my Father's kingdom.

Buen Camino
/

The Virgin Birth

God Bless

note:

Yes there was a virgin birth.

Adam's and Eve's sin in the garden was that they broke the one rule God gave them. It didn't really matter what the forbidden fruit was, it was that it was forbidden, they wanted to be "like God".
And they choose to eat the fruit before their eyes where opened. So the fruit didn't cause them to sin, it was the act of going against God's command.

Genesis 3:6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.
Genesis 3:7 And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.

Yes, Jesus was born without the sin nature that man has, meaning He was born without sin. But He COULD have sinned, but He DID NOT sin. Otherwise their could have been no temptation, and He was tempted in every way as we are.

Hebrews 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

But He COULD have sinned
Had Jesus been born only of man, then what you say would be true; but since he was also born of God, then what you say is entirely false.

†. 1John 3:9 . .Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.

Due to his heritage; Jesus could no more sin than I can soar to 3,000 feet by flapping my arms.

Otherwise their could have been no temptation, and He was tempted in every way as we are.
It's very common for poorly-trained Bible students to assume Mtt 4:1 implies that God's son has some weaknesses that the Devil can exploit if Jesus doesn't keep his guard up. But the Lord's temptation wasn't a test of his resolve since according to 1John 3:9 it was, and it still is, impossible for Jesus to sin. In other words; it's futile to tempt Jesus since there is nothing in him that finds sin appealing. So why the temptation in the outback? Well; that was for our benefit. Manufacturers routinely proof-test products to assure potential customers that their products are up to the task for which they're designed.

Point being: if Jesus had to resist the Devil with will power, then he'd be just as flawed as the rest of us and you'd have good reason to believe that the Devil would eventually catch him in a moment of weakness. No doubt the Devil hoped that after forty days in the outback Jesus would be wore down to the point where he would no longer care whether he sinned or not. But it made no difference. Jesus was still just as impervious to sin after forty days in the outback as he was during the first 30 years of his life in Nazareth because Christ's innocence doesn't depend upon his resolve; but rather, upon God's seed. In other words: just as you inherited your vulnerability to sin from Adam; in the same way Jesus inherited his invulnerability to sin from God.

Buen Camino
/

Had Jesus been born only of man, then what you say would be true; but since he was also born of God, then what you say is entirely false.

†. 1John 3:9 . .Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.

Due to his heritage; Jesus could no more sin than I can soar to 3,000 feet by flapping my arms.

It's very common for poorly-trained Bible students to assume Mtt 4:1 implies that God's son has some weaknesses that the Devil can exploit if Jesus doesn't keep his guard up. But the Lord's temptation wasn't a test of his resolve since according to 1John 3:9 it was, and it still is, impossible for Jesus to sin. In other words; it's futile to tempt Jesus since there is nothing in him that finds sin appealing. So why the temptation in the outback? Well; that was for our benefit. Manufacturers routinely proof-test products to assure potential customers that their products are up to the task for which they're designed.

Point being: if Jesus had to resist the Devil with will power, then he'd be just as flawed as the rest of us and you'd have good reason to believe that the Devil would eventually catch him in a moment of weakness. No doubt the Devil hoped that after forty days in the outback Jesus would be wore down to the point where he would no longer care whether he sinned or not. But it made no difference. Jesus was still just as impervious to sin after forty days in the outback as he was during the first 30 years of his life in Nazareth because Christ's innocence doesn't depend upon his resolve; but rather, upon God's seed. In other words: just as you inherited your vulnerability to sin from Adam; in the same way Jesus inherited his invulnerability to sin from God.

Buen Camino
/

I guess the writer of Hebrews must have been mistaken...

Hebrews 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

Folks, this is a Bible study and should be treated as such. No one would share His Word like this while gathered around others in their homes. Why do that here? You can express different beliefs without chastising others. Ain't nobody got time for that!

It is more than apparent that Jesus did age even though He was sinless. He grew from a babe to a boy and to a man..

According to Heb 5:10-14, the letter to Hebrews isn't for everybody. In point of fact, I would even go so far as to insist that unless somebody is blessed with the anointing described at 1John 2:26-27 they should probably keep their nose out of Hebrews because they're just not going to get it. They may think they get it; but I'm positive they don't-- especially when I see them using a passage from Hebrews to refute 1John 3:9. Using the Bible to refute the Bible is not the smart way to go about learning the Bible.

Buen Camino
/

Adam and Eve had a different kind of body before the apple. It was physical, yet it was more spiritual. The ones reigning with Jesus for the thousand years will have bodies like this.

According to Heb 5:10-14, the letter to Hebrews isn't for everybody. In point of fact, I would even go so far as to insist that unless somebody is blessed with the anointing described at 1John 2:26-27 they should probably keep their nose out of Hebrews because they're just not going to get it. They may think they get it; but I'm positive they don't-- especially when I see them using a passage from Hebrews to refute 1John 3:9. Using the Bible to refute the Bible is not the smart way to go about learning the Bible.

Buen Camino
/

Personally I would never tell someone not to read the Word for themselves.
Seems Paul never thought that was the proper way?

Acts 17:10 And the brethren immediately sent away Paul and Silas by night unto Berea: who coming thither went into the synagogue of the Jews.
Acts 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

Our theology needs to match up with the entire Word of God, when it does not, it is merely ours and not His.

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

King James I agree with what you said, Adam and Eve would have lived forever had they not sinned by eating the forbidden fruit. ;)

This will be my last post on the thread, I made my point using scripture in my first post on this thread.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back