Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The way husbands should be

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
D

Dave Slayer

Husbands should be as follows. :)

- Love their wives like Christ loves the Church
- Pray for her
- Make your wife breakfast in bed
- Give her hour long back rubs every night before bed
- Surprise her with flowers and candle light dinners
- Go on romantic walks with her on the beach (or elsewhere)
- Dance under the stars and moon with her
- Hold doors open for her
- Bake her favorite dessert every other week (or more)
- Call her up at work just to say "I love you"
- Write her a new love song/poem every anniversary
- Sing her love songs on valentines day
- Clean the house when you are home and she isn't

lets see;

- Love their wives like Christ loves the Church -i think so
- Pray for her - yes
- Make your wife breakfast in bed - sometimes
- Give her hour long back rubs every night before bed - actually he does this a lot :)
- Surprise her with flowers and candle light dinners -occasionally
- Go on romantic walks with her on the beach (or elsewhere) - yes
- Dance under the stars and moon with her - :) :oops :yes yes
- Hold doors open for her -yes
- Bake her favorite dessert every other week (or more) - my fav dessert is icecream sundae, he often brings me one when i'm having a lousy day :)
- Call her up at work just to say "I love you" - every day at lunch time :)
- Write her a new love song/poem every anniversary - not so much
- Sing her love songs on valentines day - not so much, but he sings our wedding song to me on our anniversary, and at random times :)
- Clean the house when you are home and she isn't - yes :)

so i think he does a pretty good job :)

Amielou said:
lets see;

- Love their wives like Christ loves the Church -i think so
- Pray for her - yes
- Make your wife breakfast in bed - sometimes
- Give her hour long back rubs every night before bed - actually he does this a lot :)
- Surprise her with flowers and candle light dinners -occasionally
- Go on romantic walks with her on the beach (or elsewhere) - yes
- Dance under the stars and moon with her - :) :oops :yes yes
- Hold doors open for her -yes
- Bake her favorite dessert every other week (or more) - my fav dessert is icecream sundae, he often brings me one when i'm having a lousy day :)
- Call her up at work just to say "I love you" - every day at lunch time :)
- Write her a new love song/poem every anniversary - not so much
- Sing her love songs on valentines day - not so much, but he sings our wedding song to me on our anniversary, and at random times :)
- Clean the house when you are home and she isn't - yes :)

so i think he does a pretty good job :)

Looks like heis doing a good job! :)

Adullam said:
Hey Dave, are you married and do you do as you suggest husbands should be? HMM? ;)

I am still single. I won't be married until I have a wife. But this is how I would be as a husband, and I think all husbands should be like this. :)

Dave Slayer said:
Adullam said:
Hey Dave, are you married and do you do as you suggest husbands should be? HMM? ;)

I am still single. I won't be married until I have a wife. But this is how I would be as a husband, and I think all husbands should be like this. :)

AHA! spoken as a single man!! ;) :tongue

- Love their wives like Christ loves the Church (He does by God's grace)

- Pray for her (yes)

- Make your wife breakfast in bed (Uh...no. I wouldn't eat it if he did. His idea of cooking is mixing different canned soups together. No, he shouldn't do this unless it's take out, and that's not happening here in a town with no restaurants.)...though, he does bring some from town after work every now and again.

- Give her hour long back rubs every night before bed (I'm not sure how long they are, but he does give back rubs...and when I was bedridden for long periods, he would do everything for me. Nothing but praise here.)

- Surprise her with flowers and candle light dinners (Flowers yes, but see 'breakfast in bed' for the candlelight dinners. He does take me out to dinner sometimes.)

- Go on romantic walks with her on the beach (or elsewhere) (Yes, but hiking, not a beach...though we did go to the beach once.)

- Dance under the stars and moon with her (Once in a while something like this, but it's not usually anything planned.)

- Hold doors open for her (absolutely...my sons do this too.)

- Bake her favorite dessert every other week (or more) (Again, no cooking...though he will bring me home chocolate several times a month...Or a bag of 'Dittos' I love those things.)

- Call her up at work just to say "I love you" (Every day after work before he drives the hour home, but he can't call from work...government phones)

- Write her a new love song/poem every anniversary (No, he hasn't, though he does write very nice cards. He's good with the songs, though, and plays them all the time. He's an excellent musician...piano, guitar, and harmonica....blues and jazz.)

- Sing her love songs on valentines day (Every week, not just V-day.)

- Clean the house when you are home and she isn't (Yes, and the children do too.)

Can a man still be a husband without these works of the "law?" I mean is a husband justified in receiving respect in the eyes of his wife only through works such as these? Or is it in believing that her husband just IS? ;)

I think if he's filled with the Holy Spirit his actions will testify to that. Not meaning he will do a certain list of works as proof.. but his fruit will make him a good husband and representative of the Lord.
My husband does some of those things on the list but he isn't bound by any one of them as proof of his worth as a good husband. Besides, he dances like Sponge Bob. :amen

Destiny to you mean your husband is a bad dancer? I have never seen the Sponge Bob program. I agree with your post. I think we also have to take into account what their gifts are. My husband has a gift for music, so he is good in this area, but as I mentioned in my post he should not be allowed in the kitchen at all. I do feel very blessed to have him, though, and that my children have him too.

Adullam,

I agree with you. We should respect our husbands even if they fall short...even if they are not believers.

My husband may not do all of those things on that list, but he is good to me. He tries to love me as Christ loves the church. He's not perfect, and neither am I (even though I am a perfectionist). I respect him and the things he does for me like...

*Work a labor-intensive job so I can work only part-time
*Chips in with house-work
*Prays for me
*Shares responsibilities like cooking meals, doing dishes, and taking out the trash
*Spends time doing things I want to do
*Supports me in my decisions, even if he doesn't agree with them
*Tells me I'm the most beautiful woman in his eyes
*Holds my hand like he won't be able to tomorrow
*Hugs me like I'm going out of style
*Parks near the door when it's cold out so I don't have to walk too far

heather said:
My husband may not do all of those things on that list, but he is good to me. He tries to love me as Christ loves the church. He's not perfect, and neither am I (even though I am a perfectionist). I respect him and the things he does for me like...

*Prays for me
*Shares responsibilities like cooking meals, doing dishes, and taking out the trash

Looks like you have a wonderful husband, Heather. :) You even listed some things I didn't come up with. :thumb

Dave Slayer said:
heather said:

*Prays for me

Looks like you have a wonderful husband, Heather. :) You even listed some things I didn't come up with. :thumb
What, Dave you couldn't come up with something ? :crazy :shocked! :confused

Lewis W said:
[quote="Dave Slayer":8el4s5ot]
heather said:

*Prays for me

What, Dave you couldn't come up with something ? :crazy :shocked! :confused [/quote:8el4s5ot]

These are all things I have in my mind, I just didn't think to list them at the time.;)

Dave Slayer said:
Husbands should be as follows. :)

- Love their wives like Christ loves the Church
- Pray for her
- Make your wife breakfast in bed
- Give her hour long back rubs every night before bed
- Surprise her with flowers and candle light dinners
- Go on romantic walks with her on the beach (or elsewhere)
- Dance under the stars and moon with her
- Hold doors open for her
- Bake her favorite dessert every other week (or more)
- Call her up at work just to say "I love you"
- Write her a new love song/poem every anniversary
- Sing her love songs on valentines day
- Clean the house when you are home and she isn't

I mean even if your not a Christian...all of that is nice things (I personally can't dance-and like dishes and housework done a certain way-always have, I forbid my parents from doing most housework and dishes as I felt I "could do better" lol)

Back