Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study The Word of God.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
The devil is seen working in Jude 1:12's many WINDS of doctrine! TWICE DEAD!
And a Titus 3:9-11 WASTE of God's Time as He tell's it! Jer. 17:5. And I had not read the name of the one who was Inspired to pen that book in my K.J. Bible.

--Elijah

I do find numerology interesting. I am a numbers 'human'. I knew my multiplication table before entering kindergarten and was doing math problems in my head when all the other kids were adding them up on fingers. Story goes that my mother was very upset when I told her they wanted me to use my fingers.

I say that just to lay the ground work that I really connect with numbers. And in fact, English/language-arts was and has been my worst subject.

A few years back my mother gave me a book about the different numbers and their symbolism in Scripture(the 'old' testament).

Now, with that said, I have to admit that I was taken back a few notches when I first pulled up the webpage. "Unleavened bread ministries - science proves the Bible".

It is rather ironic, "unleavened". That would be 'bread' without any 'added' stuff, namely yeast. Yeast, is best known in the Bible for sin. Then we have the title of "Science proves the Bible". Seems to me that God is the one who proves it.

But then I begin to immediately think about the teaching found within the NT.

24 For in this hope we were saved. Now hope that is seen is not hope. For who hopes for what he sees?
25 But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience.

1 Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.
2 For by it the people of old received their commendation.
3 By faith we understand that the universe was created by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things that are visible.

And really the list goes on and on with relation to faith verses things of the 'flesh'. Now lets pick up with my personal story.

You would think me, with my love of numbers, would be persuaded by numerology. But the absolute crazy thing is that the very thing my 'flesh' detests, is the very thing God uses to bring faith into my life. And we are not just talking English here, we are talking Greek. Lol. And I had always thought English was hard.

And yet time after time the very thing I am the most weakest 'in my flesh' is the very thing that God is the strongest in me.

What am I saying? That the things which are seen are temporary. But the things that are unseen are eternal. Is 'man's numbers' the basis on which we should "prove" something? Or faith in the Word as it is preached?

Am I being hypocritical because of my seeming 'reliance' on the original languages? No, although they are a source of great learning, they are NOT what my faith is based on. My faith was proven to me by the Spirit of God. I do not need science.

Is numerology "bad"? I do not think so. No more than studying the original language. One just must make sure that it is NOT what they base their faith on.

For no one can lay a foundation other than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

I have no doubt in my mind that we have all the Scriptures today. Why? Because God is sovereign and controls everything. Its His Word and He is more than able to have provided us with exactly what we have today. If not, well, then it means He is not sovereign and not even able to provide His disciples with His Word. I know that , that is not so. He is able and have done according to His will.
How awesome it is, too! :) Wonderful study, Cornelius! Thank you!

God bless you,

Whitney

Hello Cornelius,

This study is informative and speaks through the Spirit to me. A couple of years ago, I was probably about 15 years old, and the Lord showed me this Truth one night as I was reading His Word. Even so, this study has pointed out several points and scripture not realized before. Just wanted you to know another person has read your study.:yes
Thanks -
Jake

Is 'man's numbers' the basis on which we should "prove" something? Or faith in the Word as it is preached? .[/I]

Oh absolutely I agree :) man's numbers cannot prove anything , but we are praise God we are not talking here about man's numbers. This is something that man cannot do.

Faith seems to be the thing that is lacking regarding the Word being the Word. Faith would be great but its sadly lacking in most who proclaim they are Christians, regarding the Word being THE Word of God. ! I believed the Word is the Word of God before I knew about the numbers God placed in His Word.

Another clarification : Its not numerology :) Numerology is the human interpretation of numbers. This is called numerics, which is simply ....maths !

Hello Cornelius,

This study is informative and speaks through the Spirit to me. A couple of years ago, I was probably about 15 years old, and the Lord showed me this Truth one night as I was reading His Word. Even so, this study has pointed out several points and scripture not realized before. Just wanted you to know another person has read your study.:yes
Thanks -
Jake

Thanks Jake and Whitney :) I am blessed by your posts.

Here is another place where Peter refers back to the Old showing us how the Old and the New interlock.

Lev 11:44 For I am the LORD your God: ye shall therefore sanctify yourselves, and ye shall be holy; for I am holy: neither shall ye defile yourselves with any manner of creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

1Pe 1:15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;
1Pe 1:16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

The Bible is like a huge puzzle with many pieces that we must fit together. Some say that God would not hide things, but that is not true :) God loves a good puzzle and He wants us to seek it out . But He wants to be our partner in the seeking .

Pro 25:2 It is the glory of God to conceal a thing; But the glory of kings is to search out a matter. We are the kings who must search out a matter. But we must ask the Lord to help us because ..... apart from me ye can do nothing. Joh 15:5

God speaks to us via pictures in His Word. He made us that way. We see things in our mind in picture form. When I say red elephant, your mind sees a picture and not just the words. We interpret via pictures.

God placed types and shadows in the Word for us . They are real history that also doubles up as lessons for us. 1Co 10:6 Now these things were our examples,.......1Co 10:11 Now these things happened unto them by way of example; and they were written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the ages are come. We interpret them through the Word and through the Holy Spirit.

The Word explains the Word.

Here is an example of the Word explaining the Word in type and shadows :

Dan 4:25 that thou shalt be driven from men, and thy dwelling shall be with the beasts of the field, and thou shalt be made to eat grass as oxen, and shalt be wet with the dew of heaven, and seven times shall pass over thee; till thou know that the Most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will.

We know that Nebuchadnezzar is a type for the antichrist system . Even in this verse its confirmed by the seven times shall pass over thee (seven years tribulation) and he will "eat grass"

We see Peter telling us : 1Pe 1:24 For, All flesh is as grass,.... and Peter gets it from Isa 40:6 The voice of one saying, Cry. And one said, What shall I cry? All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field. Peter also knew how to put the puzzle together :)

So the beast (the ox in Daniels' text) kingdom of the antichrist will devour people (grass) That is confirmed by Revelation.Rev 13:7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and there was given to him authority over every tribe and people and tongue and nation.

Here is another one : Who is the "tail: of the Dragon in revelation ?

Rev 12:4 And his tail draweth the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon standeth before the woman that is about to be delivered, that when she is delivered he may devour her child.

Isa 9:15 ....the prophet that teacheth lies, he is the tail.

A prophet that teacheth lies is a false prophet.Rev 16:13 And I saw coming out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet, three unclean spirits, as it were frogs:

Who are the stars of heaven ?

Gen 26:4 And I will multiply thy seed as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these lands. And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed.

Who is Abraham's seed ?

Joh 8:39 They answered and said unto him, Our father is Abraham. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.

What are the works of Abraham ?

Rom 4:9 Is this blessing then pronounced upon the circumcision, or upon the uncircumcision also? for we say, To Abraham his faith was reckoned for righteousness.

So when we put the puzzle together we get : There will be time during the tribulation, that a group of people's false teachings will cause many people of faith, to fall from their place in heaven.

Where is this place in heaven that they will fall from ?

Eph 2:6 and raised us up with him, and made us to sit with him in the heavenly places, in Christ Jesus:

They will be deceived and through that deception they will not be found in Christ anymore, and only in Christ are they seated IN Him , in heavenly places.

Ok, to keep this in perspective. Bow does numerics prove this? Or is numerics only to prove the Bible as a whole?

Ok, to keep this in perspective. Bow does numerics prove this? Or is numerics only to prove the Bible as a whole?

Brother, if you read the link slowly, you will see what numerics is about. :)

My study here is not about numerics. I am going to enjoy looking at the Word as a whole in this study. As you have pointed out, this is not debate forum. I am going to post my understanding as I believe I was shown through the years. I am not doing this to convince people of anything. Even faith is a gift and so is understanding. Luk 24:45 Then opened he their mind, that they might understand the scriptures;

In truth it can never replace it because they are intertwined. The Old is the shadow of the New. I love the Old Testament, because the New is reflected in the types and shadows. The glory of the Word is revealed in its sum. The whole seen together , through the revelation granted , through grace, by the Holy Spirit.

I love this verse :tonguesa 119:160 The sum of thy word is truth; And every one of thy righteous ordinances endureth for ever.

As we look at what the Israelites went through in the OT, would you say we are going through the same? You used the word shadow and that brought up what sometimes I see with the OT and the church today. An example would be the Israelites set free from Egypt, wandering in the desert, crossing the Jordan, is a shadow of our journey.
Am I on the right track with what you see?

I hope this is not off topic.

As we look at what the Israelites went through in the OT, would you say we are going through the same? You used the word shadow and that brought up what sometimes I see with the OT and the church today. An example would be the Israelites set free from Egypt, wandering in the desert, crossing the Jordan, is a shadow of our journey.
Am I on the right track with what you see?

I hope this is not off topic.

You are right on topic :)

You are correct that Israel is indeed a type or shadow (figure) of the church. Act 7:38 This is he that was in the church in the wilderness with the angel that spake to him in the Mount Sinai, and with our fathers: who received living oracles to give unto us: also the verses I quoted regarding Israel : Now these things happened unto them Old Testament by way of example; and they were written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the ages are come. 1Co 10:11

Israel's whole journey equals the journey of the believer and the church (corporate believers, or "called out ones") Israel was "called out" of Egypt and the church is called out of the world. They ate the Lamb and we eat the Lamb Joh 6:51 I am the living bread which came down out of heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: yea and the bread which I will give is my flesh, for the life of the world. They left over the Red Sea and the Egyptians died in the Red Sea. We leave through repentance and baptism and leave our "Egyptians" (Old fleshly nature) in the water by faith.

They move into the wilderness to be tested, we go into the wilderness to be tested. 40 years....Jesus went 40 days ( 40 = the number of testing) Mat 4:1 Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.

We have to get to Jordan :) and we must no die in the desert through unbelief. The "Land" we must take is our body. In the "land" we conquer the giants and take the cities one by one. We conquer our bondages and sin and problems one by one . God fights for Israel, God to our rescue through Jesus and we take the Land through the promises ....the Promise(d) Land whereby he hath granted unto us his precious and exceeding great promises; that through these ye may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in that world by lust. .2Pe 1:4

We have the whole Christians journey explained in the history of Israel. In Esther we have the whole Tribulation explained. So to in the history of Joseph. In Noah too and in the story of Ahab and Jezebel is a perfect picture of the antichrist and the harlot. David paints a picture of Christ in His end time "first-fruits (Rev 14:4) (Rev 12) and Jerusalem is the Bride. In history we always see her wall going down and up again. (wall = holiness or separation from the world)

We have Israel and Judah. Two sections in Christianity. One without the Holy Spirit and the other one with. But still, both are part of God's children.

The subject is huge and I love it :)

You are right on topic :)

You are correct that Israel is indeed a type or shadow (figure) of the church. Act 7:38 This is he that was in the church in the wilderness with the angel that spake to him in the Mount Sinai, and with our fathers: who received living oracles to give unto us: also the verses I quoted regarding Israel : Now these things happened unto them Old Testament by way of example; and they were written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the ages are come. 1Co 10:11

Israel's whole journey equals the journey of the believer and the church (corporate believers, or "called out ones") Israel was "called out" of Egypt and the church is called out of the world. They ate the Lamb and we eat the Lamb Joh 6:51 I am the living bread which came down out of heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: yea and the bread which I will give is my flesh, for the life of the world. They left over the Red Sea and the Egyptians died in the Red Sea. We leave through repentance and baptism and leave our "Egyptians" (Old fleshly nature) in the water by faith.

They move into the wilderness to be tested, we go into the wilderness to be tested. 40 years....Jesus went 40 days ( 40 = the number of testing) Mat 4:1 Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.

We have to get to Jordan :) and we must no die in the desert through unbelief. The "Land" we must take is our body. In the "land" we conquer the giants and take the cities one by one. We conquer our bondages and sin and problems one by one . God fights for Israel, God to our rescue through Jesus and we take the Land through the promises ....the Promise(d) Land whereby he hath granted unto us his precious and exceeding great promises; that through these ye may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in that world by lust. .2Pe 1:4

We have the whole Christians journey explained in the history of Israel. In Esther we have the whole Tribulation explained. So to in the history of Joseph. In Noah too and in the story of Ahab and Jezebel is a perfect picture of the antichrist and the harlot. David paints a picture of Christ in His end time "first-fruits (Rev 14:4) (Rev 12) and Jerusalem is the Bride. In history we always see her wall going down and up again. (wall = holiness or separation from the world)

We have Israel and Judah. Two sections in Christianity. One without the Holy Spirit and the other one with. But still, both are part of God's children.

The subject is huge and I love it :)

Yes, this is what I see and you are the only other person, who I have ever "met", see this, too. Although, I am young perhaps this is common knowledge and I am just now seeing.
It is huge, the entire Word full and then comes Revelation. :)
Thanks -
Jake

Yes, this is what I see and you are the only other person, who I have ever "met", see this, too. Although, I am young perhaps this is common knowledge and I am just now seeing.
It is huge, the entire Word full and then comes Revelation. :)
Thanks -
Jake

Yes its incredible. If you ever want to read more on it, you can tell me and I will send you a link . The Old is the perfect prophecy. The Old testament foretells everything , gives timing and describes the countries in detail who will take part in the great tribulation. It first came to me as a shock when I saw, that mostly all of the Bible were speaking prophetically about the time we are living in right now. It blew me away !

The Bible is about one thing : The purpose of God.

Christ is the purpose of God. He sowed one Son to harvest many. The body of Christ , the final Fruit of this planet, is what God is after. A BODY of believers, who walk like Jesus, talk like Jesus and do like Jesus. 1Jn 2:6 he that saith he abideth in him ought himself also to walk even as he walked.

To abide "in Him" is to be part of His body. Jesus has a body at this moment on this earth : WE are His body. And His body walks as He walk. It has to ! or it is not His body :) That of course can never happen to humans, or can it ? Yes it can, when it comes through a gift called grace.

Yes its incredible. If you ever want to read more on it, you can tell me and I will send you a link . The Old is the perfect prophecy. The Old testament foretells everything , gives timing and describes the countries in detail who will take part in the great tribulation. It first came to me as a shock when I saw, that mostly all of the Bible were speaking prophetically about the time we are living in right now. It blew me away !

Yes, please, I would like to read more. Thanks.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back