Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Zohar

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

rzr

What do you all think about the Zohar? Personally, I find it extremely interesting at best..

I was just checking that page out while you where posting the link. That's a bit out of my wheelhouse - mysticism of the Torah...

I was just checking that page out while you where posting the link. That's a bit out of my wheelhouse - mysticism of the Torah...

Keep learning feller..it will all come as clear as mudd when you seek like the good book says. Think of it in this way... no stone uncovered, cherry pick at your will!

Keep learning feller..it will all come as clear as mudd when you seek like the good book says. Think of it in this way... no stone uncovered, cherry pick at your will!
kabbalahism isnt for any christian. i would read it but for to use apologetics.(know the basic premise.

kabbalahism isnt for any christian. i would read it but for to use apologetics.(know the basic premise.

Why not?. The Zohar is from old school teachings...maybe we should not read the Old Testament anymore....Its interesting to note that the New Testament was not written by historians but by men moved by the fervor of faith.

Mysticism- The belief that direct knowledge of God or ultimate reality is obtainable through immediate intuition or insight. Kinda sounds a lot like what Jesus taught

Christians should never limit themselves to what they read! To know Christ is to know truth. Regardless of what you read, truth will always be on your side!

Why not?. The Zohar is from old school teachings...maybe we should not read the Old Testament anymore....Its interesting to note that the New Testament was not written by historians but by men moved by the fervor of faith.

Mysticism- The belief that direct knowledge of God or ultimate reality is obtainable through immediate intuition or insight. Kinda sounds a lot like what Jesus taught

Christians should never limit themselves to what they read! To know Christ is to know truth. Regardless of what you read, truth will always be on your side!
dude i am man of jewish descent. these jews bashers here preach the zohar and kaballist teaching. man is descended from couple adam and eve. the kaballah teaches opposite and some hate groups use that.

i am not agaisnt reading to know the argument but the word of God is the only truth.

dude i am man of jewish descent. these jews bashers here preach the zohar and kaballist teaching. man is descended from couple adam and eve. the kaballah teaches opposite and some hate groups use that.

i am not agaisnt reading to know the argument but the word of God is the only truth.

How do you decern on what written word you read is the word of God?

How do you decern on what written word you read is the word of God?

first off its my testimony! like you i didnt believe the bible was complete when i came to christ, i was a wreck. i yielded my life and just accepted what christ told me when he did speak to me. the bible isnt corrupt. it has a unity that no other book can say.

i didnt believe in the trinity nor the idea of much of mainstream christianity. if God cant keep his written word pure why then believe that he can save me or is real?

surely an intellegent being can talk and dictate his thoughts like we do. not to mention the accuracy of the bible in that it has minor errs(translation)

Being from Jewish descent, does that make you special? My take on your beliefe system lies somewhere between a Jehovah Witness and a Southern Baptist.. I myself disregard the "truth" that people speak based on their genetics or their cultural based denomination. The only thing that I can truly assert to be the truth (if there is such a thing), is that Christ was the son of God in living flesh and til this day I feel that He was just as frustrated as ever when He died on the cross in trying to preach His message.This forum is a site to learn and grow within the Holy Spirit,,,,but there are many stumbling blocks that I see...I am filled with the Holy spirit and I am here to tell the world about it!
Read all of the lost books! Read all of the apocrypha! Read the Zohar! Read the Dead sea Scrolls! Read it All! If you say you have the Holy Spirit within you, then the Holy Spirit will talk to you when you read such things.....Are you putting all of your faith in the First Council of Nicea or Constatine?

Last edited by a moderator:
Being from Jewish descent, does that make you special? My take on your beliefe system lies somewhere between a Jehovah Witness and a Southern Baptist.. I myself disregard the "truth" that people speak based on their genetics or their cultural based denomination. The only thing that I can truly assert to be the truth (if there is such a thing), is that Christ was the son of God in living flesh and til this day I feel that He was just as frustrated as ever when He died on the cross in trying to preach His message.This forum is a site to learn and grow within the Holy Spirit,,,,but there are many stumbling blocks that I see...I am filled with the Holy spirit and I am here to tell the world about it!
Read all of the lost books! Read all of the apocrypha! Read the Zohar! Read the Dead sea Scrolls! Read it All! If you say you have the Holy Spirit within you, then the Holy Spirit will talk to you when you read such things.....Are you putting all of your faith in the First Council of Nicea or Constatine?
No god. why dont you read up on aliens instead of God. i was raised a jw and i know there doctrine by rote memory.again i didnt believe that the bible is complete, how do i know it is. it doesnt contradict it self

if kaballah, says, that adam had sex with lilith and the bible says eve is the mother of all living and doesnt mention lilith. which account is right?

and both are from jewish sources, but in the day of Jesus and paul mentions only eve, who is right? paul was commisioned by jesus and the kabbalah if i'm correct is after the rejection of the messiah.

No god. why dont you read up on aliens instead of God. i was raised a jw and i know there doctrine by rote memory.again i didnt believe that the bible is complete, how do i know it is. it doesnt contradict it self

if kaballah, says, that adam had sex with lilith and the bible says eve is the mother of all living and doesnt mention lilith. which account is right?

and both are from jewish sources, but in the day of Jesus and paul mentions only eve, who is right? paul was commisioned by jesus and the kabbalah if i'm correct is after the rejection of the messiah.

I am all aware of the ancient astronaut theories and how our theology is riddled with oddities. Maybe Jesus assended to heavan via space ship witnessed by 500 people. They say he went upward in the sky--Does that make you happy? It is most certainly intriguing. But I am comfortable in saying that if such ancient people existed and visited the Earth from other worlds--then no doubt that they too were created by the Almighty.
When you say "that Adam had sex with Lilith and the bible says Eve is the mother of all living and doesn't mention Lilith, which account is right?" Well to begin with, Adam having sex with Lilith has no bearing on the bible saying Eve is the mother of all living. And just because the bible leaves out information doesn't mean its not true...Why do you think Cane murdered Able?? Do you think the "complete" bible gives us all the information about that??----

Last edited by a moderator:
ok. why do you think man can= withold God?is his hand too weak or power to small that he cant raise men up to be his mouth?

Who are you rzr? I ask that with all due respect, but really I feel confused. Your profile says you are a "nonChristian", but in this post you proclaim "Christ was the son of God" and that He died on the cross and is living today. You also proclaim you are filled with the Holy Spirit. On the other hand, you question if truth really exists (naturally a Christian believes God and His Word are Truth). And you are encouraging reading a lot of extra Biblical material and it seems to me (I could be wrong) that you are suggesting we should read this material with the same acceptance and validity as the Bible even if it contradicts the Bible? And the Zohar was supposedly written in the 2nd century AD but not published until the 13th century. So what is your religion and what are your beliefs? I am very puzzled.

edit: I just looked at your profile again and it is as confusing as your post. At the top it says "non Christian" but at the bottom it says "Christian: yes". I don`t understand that.

Who are you rzr? I ask that with all due respect, but really I feel confused. Your profile says you are a "nonChristian", but in this post you proclaim "Christ was the son of God" and that He died on the cross and is living today. You also proclaim you are filled with the Holy Spirit. On the other hand, you question if truth really exists (naturally a Christian believes God and His Word are Truth). And you are encouraging reading a lot of extra Biblical material and it seems to me (I could be wrong) that you are suggesting we should read this material with the same acceptance and validity as the Bible even if it contradicts the Bible? And the Zohar was supposedly written in the 2nd century AD but not published until the 13th century. So what is your religion and what are your beliefs? I am very puzzled.

edit: I just looked at your profile again and it is as confusing as your post. At the top it says "non Christian" but at the bottom it says "Christian: yes". I don`t understand that.
Sorry its been a while since I've been here but to answer your question. It is a mistake on my profile, it should say Christian. As far as the quote "if truth really exists" is just because I'm use to talking to skeptics and non believers so its just my way of getting that out of the way before they go on a tangent about what is truth. They will say things like there is no truth but only perception etc... My belief is very simple: God is the creator of all and that Christ was sacrificed so that people like you and me can be given the glory to be with Him for eternity..

Back