Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Theology and Doctrines

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
When it comes to theologies, doctrines and Pastor/teachers, and the many who frown upon them,

I often think of these Bible verses.

Act 8:29-31 Then the Spirit said to Philip, “Go over and join this chariot.” And Philip ran up and heard him reading Isaiah the prophet, and said, “Do you understand what you are reading?” And he said, “Well, how could I, unless someone guides me?” And he invited Philip to come up and sit with him.

Beliefs, Truths, Facts,
Good to stay with the facts. Then again Truth can be shocking.
This one is simple….A requirement for a wedding ceremony to be married cannot be found in the scriptures….end of story. Marriages were formed just as God described.

For this reason a man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh. Genesis 2:24
Yes, let's stay with the facts. What does this verse not seem to say? That the joining and becoming one flesh results in the man having a wife. What does it seem to say? That a man will "be joined to his wife," and then they become one flesh. That is, first the woman becomes his wife and then they become one flesh. Do you think that is correct?

See also Matt 19:5 and Eph 5:31.

Over 30,000 Protestant denominations….which one are you going to trust with your soul? Might want to look into it yourself.
Heck you can have 2 baptist Churches right next door to each other in Mississippi or Alabama,,
and neither assembly will ever talk with each other. 30K??
More like 300K Protestant sects

When it comes to theologies, doctrines and Pastor/teachers, and the many who frown upon them,

I often think of these Bible verses.

Act 8:29-31 Then the Spirit said to Philip, “Go over and join this chariot.” And Philip ran up and heard him reading Isaiah the prophet, and said, “Do you understand what you are reading?” And he said, “Well, how could I, unless someone guides me?” And he invited Philip to come up and sit with him.
You show me a annointed teacher today,,, I would like to ask him some Q's.
That episode was back then. Today is today.
If Yeshua came back today,, it would be the religious folks who would tell Him to go away

You show me a annointed teacher today,,, I would like to ask him some Q's.
That episode was back then. Today is today.
If Yeshua came back today,, it would be the religious folks who would tell Him to go away
I can think of quite a few.

John Macarthur
Steven Lawson
Voddie Bauchman
Paul Washer

There are many more.

The **pastor*** Thingy I have major issues with
You will know them by their fruits,, so far I've only tasted rotten worthless fruits from **pastors**.
The Elect, = many are called, But only a select few (1 ina million)) are My Chosen.
Take Billy The Goat Graham.. Chosen?? For what,....??? propagandist , Billy had serious issues, He was fake and a fraud.
Yet many think he was **so great so soooo The Chosen** Chosen to lead astray is what he was.

As I have said before I worship with several denominations…. Probably a little less than a dozen churches I attend. Everything from a bethel church out in the woods to a couple mega churches.

I have not run into a church that is “perfect” but it is still important to attend church, worship with Christians, be involved with church activates. Early Christians risked their lives to assemble and worship the Lord….It is important.

Are we not obey our governments law on marriage between a man and a woman?

Did not the Lord put the government in place?

The laws regarding wedding ceremonies are either gone or not enforcd which is why they came up with the common law wife. And Abortions are legal....cannot always look at what is lawful for what is right.

As I have said before I worship with several denominations…. Probably a little less than a dozen churches I attend. Everything from a bethel church out in the woods to a couple mega churches.

I have not run into a church that is “perfect” but it is still important to attend church, worship with Christians, be involved with church activates. Early Christians risked their lives to assemble and worship the Lord….It is important.
I agree here.

There are no churches close to me with sound verse by verse exegetical preaching.

But there are plethora of seeker-friendly, charismatic and Baptist churches in my area.

I was going to Parkside (Alistair Begg) for a while, when my work schedule allows. Ido not do huge churches well, and Pastor Begg went off the rails with his transgender wedding ordeal.

I need the fellowship with other Christians and have yet to find that other then this website for now.

Keep on searching.

Last edited:
I agree here.

There are no churches close to me with sound verse by verse exegetical preaching.

But there are plethora of seeker-friendly, charismatic and Baptist churches in my area.

I was going to Parkside (Alistair Begg) for a while, when my work schedule allows. Ido not do huge churches well, and Pastor Begg went off the rails with his transgender wedding ordeal.

I need the fellowship with other Christians and have yet to find that other then this website for now.

Keep on searching.
There is a church up the street,,, so I figured let me go ck it out,, Come to find out its the few remaining members of Brother Gorman's old church on Airline Hwy,, the guy that exposed Jimmy Schwagert decades ago, and then Jimmy exposed him for having a affair with the **secatary**...so I went,, has like 18 members, ina BIG building,, so 90% of the prews are empty, Has 2 pastors,, Guess what the name of this church is???
It was a previous group decades ago, this 18 took over the rent..
The name is
AGAPE
THing is there is no love there.. its nothing more than a social club,, just as Brother Gormans big group Assembly of God ,, nothing more than a social club. **Members only***
I knew Gorman was going to fall ina pit
He had a big Mark 4 Lincoln, parked in PARKING FOR PASTOR ONLY spot,,, 6 months later the scandal broke. That was that.
Some went to form another AOG about 2 miles away,,, now that group has disappeared,, The few that remain are at Agape.
In less than 5 yrs that building will be FOR RENT,, and thats how Marvin Gorman The Great Man of God, 's assembly came to an end.
Juts had to get that story out,,, I am sure everyone has stories to share.

I agree here.

Keep on searching.

Well what is a church?
The Bible talks about churches but what they really mean is congregations…no designated church buildings until the 4th century. Christianity was more or less a religion in hiding. They meet in people’s home….in catacombs….in the woods etc.

You can go to church….you can have dinners….recreational activates…..My family was into Blue Grass music so we had people playing music and singing hymns in my house a lot. I went fishing with a couple preachers and others on a pontoon boat and talked Bible. They saw it as a stress reliever.

It is important to hang with Christians.

Well what is a church?
The Bible talks about churches but what they really mean is congregations…no designated church buildings until the 4th century. Christianity was more or less a religion in hiding. They meet in people’s home….in catacombs….in the woods etc.

You can go to church….you can have dinners….recreational activates…..My family was into Blue Grass music so we had people playing music and singing hymns in my house a lot. I went fishing with a couple preachers and others on a pontoon boat and talked Bible. They saw it as a stress reliever.

It is important to hang with Christians.
I do not know any, except on this forum.

I believe it is very important to sit under a Pastor.

Of course, the preaching I listen to and read does not come close to the local congregation.

But that is not a reason not to go, never know if God will use me in someones life or vice/versa.

I do not know any, except on this forum.

I believe it is very important to sit under a Pastor.

Of course, the preaching I listen to and read does not come close to the local congregation.

But that is not a reason not to go, never know if God will use me in someones life or vice/versa.

I do not understand that.
Where you live there are no Christians?

Like I said it can be anything….look in the paper sometimes they advertise church or charity functions. I got a church here that fills the parking lot with food trucks and Christian get together. There is even a church here that has a lake and Christian families go fishing and picnicking….hanging with Christians. It is all called an assembly of Christians.

Make it mission….visit different churches and document….you are never going to find a perfect church but you might find one with a good praise and worship service.

Like I said it can be anything….look in the paper sometimes they advertise church or charity functions. I got a church here that fills the parking lot with food trucks and Christian get together. There is even a church here that has a lake and Christian families go fishing and picnicking….hanging with Christians. It is all called an assembly of Christians.

Make it mission….visit different churches and document….you are never going to find a perfect church but you might find one with a good praise and worship service.
I am sure there are, just have not met them. I have been a loner my whole life, but I know that I cannot be as a Christian. This has been a prayer of mine, because I crave the fellowship with other believers.

I will look into your suggestions.

There is no perfect church.

because I crave the fellowship with other believers.
Not all believers are truthful.
Yet yes, God's Own Word Says wherever you are, seek out those who are faithful true in Jesus and stick with them until you move somewhere else.

Find out while continuing to trust Jesus what His Father Desires to Reveal to you, as He knows Perfectly how to Perfect Jesus Life in all of us who are belonging to Him in Jesus Daily.

I think its pretty simple to identify false doctrines and theologies.

One glorifies man and the other glorifies God.
Exactly! Now if all believers would profess how God showed His glory by not incinerating the sinners who nailed Him to a cross we can get down to real Bible study. 🙂

Exactly! Now if all believers would profess how God showed His glory by not incinerating the sinners who nailed Him to a cross we can get down to real Bible study.
Don't forget that even demons believe ...... and they shudder in terror because they know their judgment is certain and is soon.
Do you (as I think you do) believe the believers following Jesus in the first century assemblies had "real" Bible study ? p.s. they had much better than we do today ! .....
And in their midst were antichrists even then !

Do you (as I think you do) believe the believers following Jesus in the first century assemblies had "real" Bible study ? p.s. they had much better than we do today ! .
They had it better ? They did not have a bible , of course they would of had some scriptures I hope . What ever they had of the Torah would more than likely been from memory , don't you think ? Better :chin , well they could of had some members with a first hand account from the apostles or even heard Jesus speak , that would have been great :dancing .

Back