Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Theology of short quotes

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Veritas

I came across a few short quotes I'd like to share. They were thought provoking for me. Take your pick if you'd like to talk about one!

God didn’t make you to be happy....

God made you to be holy.
God made you to be His.

Conversion in us happens every day....

in being broken by the Law and animated by the Gospel (Good News!)

Who is the greatest sinner?

Jesus.

(careful with this one. ...think about it.)

Veritas said:

Jesus.

Hmmm...

I'm not the best a philosophy. :oops: Going to think on this one...

Veritas said:
I came across a few short quotes I'd like to share. They were thought provoking for me. Take your pick if you'd like to talk about one!

God didn’t make you to be happy....
God made you to be holy.
God made you to be His.

Conversion in us happens every day....

in being broken by the Law and animated by the Gospel (Good News!)

Jesus.

Hi Veritas,
My response to 'God didn’t make you to be happy....' is 'God didn’t make you to be unhappy....' but I am not really entralled by either. I like the one about conversion - according to Abraham Kuyper (Reformed theologian) 'conversion' is our work not God's.

Here are two from John Owen:

'say what you will most men do not believe' (he was talking about in the Church).

and: (Paraphased) the cruelest deception is when people know that Jesus saves and think that this saves them.

Back