Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

There are 3 very distinct levels of eternal life verses

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

John Zain

Level 1 -- Only Believe … example:
--------- “… whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life” (John 3;15)

Level 2 -- Deeper Details … example:
--------- “My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.
--------- And I give them eternal life“ (John 10:27-28)

Level 3 -- Warnings & Threats … example:
--------- “… if you want to enter into (eternal) life, keep the commandments.” (Matt 19:17)

Incredible … the progression of difficulty in gaining eternal life as seen in the 3 levels!

Here are my current favorite baker’s dozen of Level 3 passages …
and ALL of these warnings & threats, of course, apply to everyone!

Matt 19:16-17 (Mark 10:17, Luke 10:25) • “… what good thing shall I do that I may
have eternal life? … if you want to enter into (eternal) life, keep the commandments.”

Mark 9:43-48 (Matt 5:29-30, Matt 18:8-9) • “… And if your eye causes you to sin,
pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye,
rather than having two eyes, to be cast into hell fire”
So is entering the kingdom of God the opposite of being cast into hell fire?

Mark 11:25-26 (Matt 6:14-15, Matt 18:21-35) • “… if you have anything against anyone,
forgive him, that your Father in heaven may also forgive you your trespasses.
But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your trespasses.”

John 12:25 • “He who loves his life (of sin) will lose it (eternal life),
and he who hates his life (of sin) in this world will keep it (his life) for eternal life.”
Much longer versions of this teaching are in Mark 8:34-36, Matt 16:24-26, Luke 9:23-25.

Rom 5:21 • “grace might reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ”
Grace continues to reign in the one who practices righteousness …
see 1 John 2:29, 1 John 3:7, Acts 10:35, and the next verse below.

Rom 6:16-23 • “Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey,
you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether (slaves) of sin leading to (eternal) death,
OR (slaves) of obedience leading to righteousness? … so now present your members
as slaves of righteousness for holiness … For the wages of sin is (eternal) death …”

Rom 8:13-14 • “For if you live according to the flesh you will die (spiritually);
but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live (spiritually).
For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.”

Gal 6:7-8 • “Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will
also reap. For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption (eternal death),
but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life. And let us not grow
weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.”
One reaps eternal death or everlasting life, depending on how he sows.

Col 1:22-23 • “… to present you holy, and blameless, and above reproach in His sight
— if indeed you continue in the faith, grounded and steadfast, and are not moved away
from the hope of the gospel which you heard”
Many passages say -- he who endures (with his faith) to the end (of his life) will be saved:
Matt 10:22, Matt 24:13, Mark 13:13, Col 1:22-23, 1 Tim 4:16, Heb 3:6-15,10:35-39, Rev 2:10.

Heb 12:14-17 • “Pursue … holiness, without which no one will see the Lord:
looking carefully lest anyone fall short of the grace of God”

James 1:12-15 • “Blessed is the man who endures temptation;
for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life, which the Lord has
promised to those who love Him … But each one is tempted when he is drawn away
by his own desires and enticed. Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin;
and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth (eternal) death.”
So, receiving eternal death is opposite to receiving the crown of life (eternal life).

1 John 1:7-9 • “But if we walk in the light as He is in the light … the blood of Jesus Christ
His Son cleanses us from all sin. … If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just
to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”
We are unrighteous because we sin … but this can be cleansed by the blood of Jesus!

Rev 21:7-8 • “He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God
and he shall be My son. But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers,
sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the
lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”
Part of overcoming is to not have any habitual sins.
“NO murderer has eternal life abiding in him.” (1 John 3:15) … and ditto for all sins!

If one wishes to make sense of the entire NT, one has to realize that “believe” means:
to have faith, to trust, to follow, and to obey … and to continue with this until death!
How you start a game is not nearly important as how you finish.

“For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.” (Romans 8:14)

THE KEY … Those who follow the Spirit will heed God’s warnings and threats!

Last edited by a moderator:
John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee [Father] the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. - KJV.

……………………………..

2 Thess 1:7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,

8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power; - KJV.

Heb 6:4-8 • “For it is impossible for those who … have become partakers of the Holy Spirit
… if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again
for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.”

Fall away from grace-faith-salvation! … Repent again to receive salvation!

Fall away from grace-faith-salvation! … Repent again to receive salvation!

We use to call this elevator salvation. Kind of leaves it up to you to be saved. There are many who seen on fire at first and look and sound good. If they fall away (happens a lot) it is impossible for them to renew again to repentance. They heard, but did not continue.

Some fell upon stony places where they had not much earth: and forthwith they sprang up, because they had no deepness of earth. And when the sun was up they were scorched and because they had no root, they withered away. Matt. 13:6 and 7

We need to make sure our discussion conforms to what 2 Corinthians 7.10 says about the nature of repentance.

We need to make sure our discussion conforms to what 2 Corinthians 7.10 says about the nature of repentance.
We need to make sure that you read and comprehend the following ...

"But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another,
and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.
If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
If we confess (repent of) our sins, He is faithful and just
to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us."
(1 John 1:7-10)

As always, my profuse apologies for da colors!

getting personal here? We need to remember the ToS ...those rules you agreed to when ya signed on to the forums :) Moderator trying to smile :gah

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back