Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

These Signs Follow Them...do they follow us?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
whirlwind said:
1. Cast out devils.

Funny, but the word devil first appears in the New Testament! Casting out could be an exorcism against a demon but to most of us it is dealing with people....

• John 6:70 Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?

1 John 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil.

So, casting out devils could mean changing, through His Word and in His name, the spirits of people. By teaching they may hear or see and it causes the devil to be...cast out, his works destroyed.

John 6:70 Jesus words...one of you is a devil? We think Jesus is talking about Judas in these words...but was/is Judas the only one..?

Jesus words to Peter...
  • Matthew 16:23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men. KJV

In Jesus talking to Peter, the same words come home to ME when I 'savorest NOT the things that be of God, but those that be of men'. AND yes ww...the casting out of demons starts with the spirits that reside in 'ME' before I am a vessel to be used by God in casting out the demon/s in other people!

Ret said:
The disciples experienced both .... DID 'follow' and when the sign DID NOT 'follow' them.
Likewise we, as sincere believers, will experience both!

Agreed

And God set some in the church, firstly, apostles; secondly, prophets; thirdly, teachers, then works of power, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, kinds of languages.
Are all apostles?
Are all prophets?
Are all teachers?
Are all workers of power?
Do all have gifts of healings?
Do all speak languages?
Do all interpret?

But zealously strive after the better gifts. And yet I show to you a more excellent way.
(1Co 12:28-31 MKJV)

Ret said:
whirlwind said:
1. Cast out devils.

Funny, but the word devil first appears in the New Testament! Casting out could be an exorcism against a demon but to most of us it is dealing with people....

• John 6:70 Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?

1 John 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil.

So, casting out devils could mean changing, through His Word and in His name, the spirits of people. By teaching they may hear or see and it causes the devil to be...cast out, his works destroyed.

John 6:70 Jesus words...one of you is a devil? We think Jesus is talking about Judas in these words...but was/is Judas the only one..?

Jesus words to Peter...
  • Matthew 16:23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men. KJV

In Jesus talking to Peter, the same words come home to ME when I 'savorest NOT the things that be of God, but those that be of men'. AND yes ww...the casting out of demons starts with the spirits that reside in 'ME' before I am a vessel to be used by God in casting out the demon/s in other people!

Yes, we must clean house first. :lol As I quoted above...whoever sins is of the devil and we all sin.

Yes, we must clean house first. :lol As I quoted above...whoever sins is of the devil and we all sin.
Oh good grief what a complete lack of comprehension.
This passage is about those who HAVE come to God and left sinful lives and those who HAVENT.
It ISNT saying that WE believers are 'of the devil' simply because we sin on occasion, poster...and such an absurd fallacy is entirely refuted in Gods word.

Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure. Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin. Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him. Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.
(1Jn 3:1-10 KJV)
We ARENT 'of the devil' simply because we sin at times, poster...

follower of Christ said:
Oh good grief what a complete lack of comprehension.
This passage is about those who HAVE come to God and left sinful lives and those who HAVENT.
It ISNT saying that WE believers are 'of the devil' simply because we sin on occasion, poster...and such an absurd fallacy is entirely refuted in Gods word.

[quote:112zkho2]Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure. Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin. Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him. Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.
(1Jn 3:1-10 KJV)

We ARENT 'of the devil' simply because we sin at times, poster...[/quote:112zkho2]

Are we pure yet FOC. Do we love our brother? Do we lay down our life for our brother...and sister? I submit to you that until we do...we are not sons of God. We're on our way but not yet there.

whirlwind said:
Are we pure yet FOC. Do we love our brother? Do we lay down our life for our brother...and sister? I submit to you that until we do...we are not sons of God. We're on our way but not yet there.
:lol
what part of "now are we the sons of God" did you miss, there ? :lol
The wording is in the PRESENT form, poster....NOW we are sons of God ;)

follower of Christ said:
whirlwind said:

Yes it is. It is addressed to those that ARE NOW the sons of God. The question we must ask is...are we NOW the sons of God? Do we love our brother?

whirlwind said:
follower of Christ said:
whirlwind said:

Yes it is. It is addressed to those that ARE NOW the sons of God. The question we must ask is...are we NOW the sons of God? Do we love our brother?
OH GOOD GRIEF :lol
Lets post it AGAIN...
"what part of "now are we the sons of God" did you miss, there ?
WHO is John talking to, friend.....the boogey man ? ;)
'NOW ARE WE the sons of God"
:yes
;)

"You shall not put the Lord your God to the test." And these signs will accompany those who believe: In My name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new languages; 18 they will pick up snakes; if they should drink anything deadly, it will never harm them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will get well." Matthew 7:21.
21 "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' 23 Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

mdo757 said:
"You shall not put the Lord you God to the test." And these signs will accompany those who believe: In My name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new languages; 18 they will pick up snakes; if they should drink anything deadly, it will never harm them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will get well." Matthew 7:21.
21 "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' 23 Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'
Sorry....WHERE again does that SAY that ALL WILL do ANY of those things :lol
Paul shows that not ALL have ALL of these...

And God set some in the church, firstly, apostles; secondly, prophets; thirdly, teachers, then works of power, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, kinds of languages.
Are all apostles?
Are all prophets?
Are all teachers?
Are all workers of power?
Do all have gifts of healings?
Do all speak languages?
Do all interpret?

But zealously strive after the better gifts. And yet I show to you a more excellent way.
(1Co 12:28-31 MKJV)
[/quote]

NIV note: ((The most reliable early manuscripts and other ancient witnesses do not have Mark 16:9-20.))
mdo757 said:
"You shall not put the Lord your God to the test." And these signs will accompany those who believe: In My name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new languages; 18 they will pick up snakes; if they should drink anything deadly, it will never harm them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will get well." Matthew 7:21.

mdo757 said:
follower of Christ said:
Sorry....WHERE again does that SAY that ALL WILL do ANY of those things :lol
Paul shows that not ALL have ALL of these...
I did not say "All."
Good then...we agree not ALL will do those things :)

NIV note: ((The most reliable early manuscripts and other ancient witnesses do not have Mark 16:9-20.))
To rephrase that...
'Texts that were hidden in caves and trash bins may not contain Mark 16:9-20"

follower of Christ said:
whirlwind said:
[quote="follower of Christ":13dyfyvc]

OH GOOD GRIEF :lol
Lets post it AGAIN...
"what part of "now are we the sons of God" did you miss, there ?
WHO is John talking to, friend.....the boogey man ? ;)
'NOW ARE WE the sons of God"
:yes
;)
.[/quote:13dyfyvc]

John is speaking to the sons of God but are all those reading the letter...sons of God. Even the boogey man can read :yes so is the boogey man a son of God? I still have trouble with loving my brother...I wish I didn't but I do. The point being, perhaps there are adjustments we must make before the letter is addressed to us.

whirlwind said:
John is speaking to the sons of God but are all those reading the letter...sons of God. Even the boogey man can read :yes so is the boogey man a son of God? I still have trouble with loving my brother...I wish I didn't but I do. The point being, perhaps there are adjustments we must make before the letter is addressed to us.
WE believers are the sons of God, WW.
Not even remotely sure of why you are having such and big problem with this.
Oh wait, yes I am ...... :lol

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
(Joh 1:12 KJV)

For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
(Rom 8:14 KJV)
Im wondering just how long you intend to remain in denial, WW... ;)

follower of Christ said:
whirlwind said:
WE believers are the sons of God, WW.
Not even remotely sure of why you are having such and big problem with this.
Oh wait, yes I am ...... :lol

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Im wondering just how long you intend to remain in denial, WW... ;)

I don't think I'm in denial. I just see, even in the quotes you gave, that being a son of God is conditional....

• Romans 8:13-14 For if ye live after the flesh ye shall die: but IF YE through the spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live. For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

And, to those that believe, to those that receive Him...He gives power to become. We have the power to become but...do we become? We love Him but do we mortify the deeds of the body? Our old man has to die, our carnal nature must be overcome. I've changed a lot but flashes of the old me still appear.

• 1 John 3:14 We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.

I saw your post recently in which you wrote that you loved others on the forum. I greatly admired that.

whirlwind said:
I don't think I'm in denial.
Why would you think you were ? Youve completely convinced yourself that you are infallible, apparently...and in the face of so many obvious scriptures that are contrary to your ideas.

I just see, even in the quotes you gave, that being a son of God is conditional....
And I just gave you two that said we ARE sons of God.

Of course its conditional....there are MANY false brethren about these days.

I saw your post recently in which you wrote that you loved others on the forum. I greatly admired that.
And I even love you, WW.
Altho I do see you as a very misled, deceived and dangerous individual at this point.

follower of Christ said:
whirlwind said:
I don't think I'm in denial.
Why would you think you were ? Youve completely convinced yourself that you are infallible, apparently...and in the face of so many obvious scriptures that are contrary to your ideas.

I just see, even in the quotes you gave, that being a son of God is conditional....
And I just gave you two that said we ARE sons of God.
[quote:3ox3t4w6]But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Of course its conditional....there are MANY false brethren about these days. [/quote:3ox3t4w6]

Yes there are. There are also many misled, many blind and deaf. :verysad

[quote:3ox3t4w6]
And I even love you, WW.
Altho I do see you as a very misled, deceived and dangerous individual at this point.

.[/quote:3ox3t4w6]

Isaiah 29:13 Wherefore the LORD said, "Forasmuch as this peole draw near Me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour Me, but have removed their heart far from Me, and their fear toward Me is taught by the precept of men;

29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

29:24 They also that erred in spirit shall come to understanding, and they that murmured shall learn doctrine."

The scriptures are pretty clear, WW, even if you cannot grasp them.

Yes there are. There are also many misled, many blind and deaf. :verysad
I agree.
Come out of your blindness, WW....

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back