Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

This is a terrible evil

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Hi Jasonc, I have worked in the water treatment field for 40 years. One of the new treatments is taking salt water and disinfecting water by ion exchange and taking the Cl out of the salt as a natural element (salt = Sodium Chloride NaCl ) Gas Chlorine is produced in 3 different ways and produces several other chemicals like HTH, H2. Caustic Soda (NaOH). Almost every Chemical by product can be removed from treated drinking water by carbon filtration. You can buy them at Home Depot or Lowe's. I do not like the use of Fluoride. It was used in rat poison and it can accumulates in the body. The best, but most expensive disinfectant for water is ultra-violet light, but does not carry a residual like Cl2 does (Chlorine)...But without Chlorine in drinking water, water born disease would run rampant.
Im.familiar with that but again as the county and city uses reverse osmosis which also use a carbon filter.the brine is bad ,where does it go? Here in the ground or out to the lagoon.in my.home unit which has that ,it's killing my grass.

Flouride is what is toother paste and unless you use baking soda that's the only two you have to brush your teeth with,floride kills the bacteria and we'll baking soda is a base.

Chlorine and florine are halogens these share common traits.

Uv lighting is what I have and I had that for a home ac cleaner to stop mold .I have doubts as the ac thing was useless.mold grew any way.

I used to buy generic Abilify, before it went generic here in the US, from online pharmacies. Something happened...just out of curiosity, I went to the old websites, and they're gone now. I guess there's been a crack down?

My poiNT was with water we are trading the potential risk for a benefit .funny i.was talking to a treatment plant operator last night.I should have asked him about that

Im.familiar with that but again as the county and city uses reverse osmosis which also use a carbon filter.the brine is bad ,where does it go? Here in the ground or out to the lagoon.in my.home unit which has that ,it's killing my grass.
I worked at a plant in Nashville, TN that was built a little after the Civil War. Omohundro Water Plant by the Cumberland River. It is on the historic buildings register. You may be able to find it on line. But we sent every byproduct to one of our 80 MGD sewer plants. Nothing went back to the ground.

Historic Nashville Behind-the-Scenes Tour of Omohundro ...
historicnashvilleinc.org/event/historic-nashville-behind-scenes...

Join Historic Nashville for a MEMBERS-ONLY tour of Omohundro Water Treatment Plant on May 13th, 2017. The Omohundro Water Treatment Plant began in 1889 with the ..

Rat poison is a blood thinner.the cure for that is a massive dose of vitamin k.

To reverse my warfarin thinness when it is too thin, I've been put into hospital for a dose of vitamin K. So, vitamin K is also a 'cure' for human beings whose INR is too high (blood too thin).

My INR (blood clotting factor) shot way up to 10 in June, when it should be 2.5-3.5 and I had to be rushed to hospital for vitamin K IV. It took 2 weeks to bring it down to normal.

Oz

I worked at a plant in Nashville, TN that was built a little after the Civil War. Omohundro Water Plant by the Cumberland River. It is on the historic buildings register. You may be able to find it on line. But we sent every byproduct to one of our 80 MGD sewer plants. Nothing went back to the ground.

Historic Nashville Behind-the-Scenes Tour of Omohundro ...
historicnashvilleinc.org/event/historic-nashville-behind-scenes...

Join Historic Nashville for a MEMBERS-ONLY tour of Omohundro Water Treatment Plant on May 13th, 2017. The Omohundro Water Treatment Plant began in 1889 with the ..

If we sent it to the water ,it winds up in where we boat,swim or fish.all canals lead to the lagoon or ocean.

It's illegal to do that now so now it's waste water only to the deep well injection.

Brine is a different matter

I Hope I'm wrong Michael, but I think it's a monetary issue...

Americans are charged more for care than anyone else in the world by a significant margin. Approximately the bottom 50% can't afford it, and many rich don't want to pay taxes to fund the non rich's care. The GOP was trying to trim Medicaid way back in the spring, without addressing why prices are unaffordable to the bottom half. Expect additional states to adopt Netherlands like policies in the future if this continues, or something even more draconian.

$3 for a bottle of pills in Mexico compared to thousands for the same bottle here (including the cost of obtaining a prescription). The bottom 50% don't have any affordable cash options here.

Last edited:
Americans are charged more for care than anyone else in the world by a significant margin. Approximately the bottom 50% can't afford it, and many rich don't want to pay taxes to fund the non rich's care. The GOP was trying to trim Medicaid way back in the spring, without addressing why prices unaffordable to the bottom half. Expect additional states to adopt Netherlands like policies in the future if this continues, or something even more draconian.

$3 for a bottle of pills in Mexico compared to thousands for the same bottle here. The bottom 50% don't have any affordable cash options here.

Michael,

That's why I'll live under the Medicare system in Australia any day of the week. How does that compare with the USA Medicare system? Our system supports free public hospitals, free dental, and a percentage 'subsidy' if I go to a private Dr.

The poor are able to go into any public hospital emergency dept. or for medical assessment, as long as they have a Medicare card. Today I've been to my private medical Dr (GP) and I didn't pay a cent because the consultation was bulk-billed. In other words, the govt. provides sufficient funding through Medicare to that GP (general practitioner) so he doesn't choose to charge me for a 'gap' payment.

It's a wonderful system that was funded by my taxes, paid over many years. However, the public hospitals are beginning to become over-crowded as people leave private health cover because of the increasing cost.

Oz

I'm glad that you are happy with your country's health care.

However, the public hospitals are beginning to become over-crowded as people leave private health cover because of the increasing cost.

Service inflation is out of control. Its not just medicine, almost anything done by hand is to the moon. Global currencies are being debased at an alarming rate.

Americans are charged more for care than anyone else in the world by a significant margin. Approximately the bottom 50% can't afford it, and many rich don't want to pay taxes to fund the non rich's care. The GOP was trying to trim Medicaid way back in the spring, without addressing why prices are unaffordable to the bottom half. Expect additional states to adopt Netherlands like policies in the future if this continues, or something even more draconian.

$3 for a bottle of pills in Mexico compared to thousands for the same bottle here (including the cost of obtaining a prescription). The bottom 50% don't have any affordable cash options here.
You are right...there are no promise keepers in Government. (self serving liars all!) The only way to get fair medical is to put Congress on SS and Medicare.

You are right...there are no promise keepers in Government. (self serving liars all!) The only way to get fair medical is to put Congress on SS and Medicare.
So a union making the same promise of defined benefits pension is different?

Who pays that,certainty not the recipient, the business via pricing the product higher then it will be sold for to keep that pension. A 80 buck a month plan saved for 20 years can't produce a pension of 1550 a month .

So a union making the same promise of defined benefits pension is different?

Who pays that,certainty not the recipient, the business via pricing the product higher then it will be sold for to keep that pension. A 80 buck a month plan saved for 20 years can't produce a pension of 1550 a month .

Jason,

That is the case generally but I worked for not-for-profits as a counsellor and counselling manager for a hunk of my working life. Now the govt. has compulsory superannuation for the employed as it knows it can't continue to fund social services, pensioner payments, health & dental services, and education.

I don't yet have my Age Pension, but it should come through soon (12 months after my application in mid Dec 2016). It will be $890 a fortnight (every 2 weeks) with some rent assistance of about $110 a fortnight. As a single-again bloke, I'll just manage - I think.

Oz

Back