Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

This is Ironic

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

WIP

Staff member
I thought this to be a bit ironic. Earlier this year our MN State Legislature and governor signed into law a tax rebate. Now, I received a form 1099-MISC from the state government declaring the rebate as income so we will be taxed on the tax rebate. Of course, it is income but it still struck my funny bone when I said it out loud.

In 1960's Denver was doing a lot of advertising that they needed to raise money for (I forget now). They would do this by putting a $4 tax on everybody working in Denver. I think this only applied to large companies because the company had to pay half the tax themselves. They swore over and over that if passed, it would only be for a year or two until whatever was paid for. It was passed in 1969.

I just read an article dated January 26, 2024 (55 years later) saying: "The $5.75 monthly deduction is for the City and County of Denver’s Occupational Privilege Tax, also known as a “head tax” to those familiar with business-related taxes. And the employers of Denver’s thousands of workers pay another $4.00 per month per employee . . ."

So the temporary $4 a month head tax is now $9.75 a month.

The article also said that last year (2023) it "generated nearly $50 million for the city."

I thought this to be a bit ironic. Earlier this year our MN State Legislature and governor signed into law a tax rebate. Now, I received a form 1099-MISC from the state government declaring the rebate as income so we will be taxed on the tax rebate. Of course, it is income but it still struck my funny bone when I said it out loud.
I swear, we're turning into the European Union.

I swear, we're turning into the European Union.
My brother-in-law works for the forest industries and spends a lot of time commuting from MN to Washington, DC so he hears a lot from the political spectrum. He told me that the Biden administration has proposed taxing air, water, wildlife habitat, and so forth.

My brother-in-law works for the forest industries and spends a lot of time commuting from MN to Washington, DC so he hears a lot from the political spectrum. He told me that the Biden administration has proposed taxing air, water, wildlife habitat, and so forth.
Based on what? Did he actually cite something specific?

I didn't ask him to go into details. I don't know how far that has gone through congress. I would wonder too how they could possibly tax those things but it wouldn't surprise me that they come up with a way no matter how unfair.

I actually don't care about the particulars at this point. The idea is ludicrous and preposterous and as about intelligent as the source.

I didn't ask him to go into details.
So he didn't cite anything at all?

I don't know how far that has gone through congress.
If it were going through Congress, it would be on the public record and be easy to find.

I would wonder too how they could possibly tax those things but it wouldn't surprise me that they come up with a way no matter how unfair.
Looks to me like your BIL was either putting you on, or is just making things up.

I actually don't care about the particulars at this point. The idea is ludicrous and preposterous and as about intelligent as the source.
You mean your BIL?

You mean your BIL?
No. The idiot and his running mate that are currently in office. Neither one of them is capable of making an intelligent or coherent statement and it boggles the mind that they were actually elected by the people of this country. Says a lot about the state of affairs at this current time.

No. The idiot and his running mate that are currently in office. Neither one of them is capable of making an intelligent or coherent statement and it boggles the mind that they were actually elected by the people of this country. Says a lot about the state of affairs at this current time.
Everything is a struggle for this guy. I want Trump to win the election for Biden's sake. So he can finally go back to Delaware and watch The Jeffersons.

Trump is an idiot too. He's arrogant and disrespectful and that is not the character of a good leader.

So literally the only thing you have in support of this "they're going to tax the air" thing is "my brother in law said so"?

Noted.

Hows this. Politicians pay taxes. I mean for example the President gets payed from taxes then has to pay income tax.

Why does the governement tax the government?.

Would it not just be easier to just give them a lesser amount thats already taxed?.

Here is your tax payer income salary, now give some of it back in income tax. Lol.

Hows this. Politicians pay taxes. I mean for example the President gets payed from taxes then has to pay income tax.

Why does the governement tax the government?.

Would it not just be easier to just give them a lesser amount thats already taxed?.

Here is your tax payer income salary, now give some of it back in income tax. Lol.
Lol

Well, its not a conspiracy theory.

607598d0230e6a00018e21b2-image_354b1b56.jpeg

Back