Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

This is me - who are you?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Balaclava

What am I - I am not sure! I like most people in the world I consider myself to be what I was borninto and I was born into a Christian family and went to a catholic school. Over the years I have gathered enough informationto convince myself that there is not enough evidence available on Christianity toconvince myself that Christ was or was not the son of God or that there is oris not a God. That said, I amcomfortable with the probability that if there is a God, he/she must be perfectand a perfect God must be ‘Just’ and if I lead a ‘good’ life I will not bepunished. And, I believe that the valuesespoused by mainstream Christian teachings are ‘good’.

Happy where I am in myself with God and religion I am notinterested in searching for evidence that Christ was the son of God and themessiah. If he was I’ll apologies whenwe meet up, if he wasn’t then all that he said was generally good stuff andthose who follow his example are good people.

So why am I here talking to Christians? Three or four years back I began my studiesof Islam to try to discover why those lunatic fanatics wanted to bomb me (andyou). At that time, I believed whatpoliticians and church leaders told me – “Islam is a religion of peace that hasbeen hijacked by a few lunatics.†Ispent several years in daily discussion with Muslims. It wasn’t long before I discovered that thewahabbi’s and their like were the ones that spoke the truth about Islam and itwas the Muslims living comfortable lives in the (decadent) ‘west’ that werelying in an attempt to placate us (their neighbours). I spent years on Muslim fora discussingindividual aspects of Islam and carefully teasing from them the evidence. Each time, as soon as I got to the point ofhaving them up against a (verbal) brick wall with no way out I got banned andmoved on. I managed to remain a memberof one forum for over two years building up a reputation as an interestedlearner but eventually they lost patience and banned me. Over the years I have uncovered an abundanceof evidence to convince myself unequivocally that Islam is not simply wrong butis a fascist, racist, hateful, divisive, ideology. I latterly pursued my learning on Islam onleft wing fora and philosophy fora. Theleft wing consists of many different views and people some of whom hate eachother more than the hate capitalists but they are all looking for a fight andamongst them is a group of anti-fascist who, discovering that there are nolonger any fascists to fight have invented some and they have convincedthemselves that Muslims are a race and that anyone saying anything againstIslam is racist and all racists are fascists and so they as anti-fascists mustoppose anyone who criticise Islam. The philosophers just don’t care, they’veformed the view that it’s a ‘flash in the pan’ and insignificant.

So, you ask, why am I here talking to Christians? First you should know (if you do not alreadyknow) that most people join forums whose members hold the same views. People like to say I believe that a, b and cis the right way and get a response telling them they are correct. They like ‘echo chamber’ forums. Call me odd but I like to talk to people withopposing views in the hope of understanding why they have formed a differentconclusion than myself. OK, OK, I’mcoming to it . . . I’m here because Ican’t understand why most of you, committed Christians, thinking people,haven’t studied and don’t understand the biggest current threat to yourexistence and to the existence of western (Christian) cultural values. I hear our (UK)politicians telling the population that Islam is a religion of peace that hasbeen hijacked by a few lunatics and I hear Christian church leaders saying thesame things – that is simply NOT TRUE. Ihave read posts on this forum from Christian castigating others for saying bad(but true) things about Islam. I don’tunderstand – that’s why I am here, make me understand.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back