Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

This is what to expect with Obama's health insurance

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

tim-from-pa

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...rkers-weight-body-fat-and-glucose-levels.html

Of course they are interested in "numbers" (Which usually mean diddly-squat). Of course CVS will "force" their employees on medicine to bring the numbers down so they are "healthier". After all, they sell drugs so it's an indirect way of getting their raises they pay out back again in totally useless drugs such as cholesterol medicine, High BP medicine or high blood sugar medicine which (as Christ would say) does not add a cubit to their life-span.

I warned of this before. The pharmaceutical world, and government and other nefarious organizations are trying to cram their drug philosophy down people's throats under the threat of keeping their job, keeping health insurance, or possibly even avoid going to jail(i.e. if you don't take the meds the doctor prescribes then you go to jail). We are following after Europe which is already experiencing this. And the reason? Making money off us peons trying to convince us they have a better solution for health than following Yahweh.

Yep. The beast is coming, and those who follow in these ways are part of the problem.

I warned of this before. The pharmaceutical world, and government and other nefarious organizations are trying to cram their drug philosophy down people's throats under the threat of keeping their job, keeping health insurance, or possibly even avoid going to jail(i.e. if you don't take the meds the doctor prescribes then you go to jail). We are following after Europe which is already experiencing this. And the reason? Making money off us peons trying to convince us they have a better solution for health than following Yahweh.

Yep. The beast is coming, and those who follow in these ways are part of the problem.

Soon, you're gonna have to follow the system because it will be illegal not to have health insurance. It's also better than being broke if you pay for cancer bills or get major surgery. Yes the beast is close, and it's taking my money.

the beast has always been. since when has it not been? if a government to include the us. doesn't follow the laws of god then its part of that system.

I thought I'd bump this up because this CVS nonsense has been reported in our local news online today and everyone here is up in arms about this. Imagine them trying to tell employees to give them private information, and ultimately, tell them what to eat, what drugs to take or whatever else to "bring the numbers in line" to "make them healthy". Some people said they were going to another drug store, but this won't ultimately help because EVERYONE will jump the bandwagon eventually.

To reiterate, this is exactly what I was afraid of. While everyone was bickering over the cost of Obamacare I was severely concerned over personal freedoms. This is an excuse to monitor everyone, tell you what to eat, how to drug you, especially your kids, and to stay mentally healthy telling you what to think and so on and so forth. It's coming, H G Wells style.

I thought I'd bump this up because this CVS nonsense has been reported in our local news online today and everyone here is up in arms about this. Imagine them trying to tell employees to give them private information, and ultimately, tell them what to eat, what drugs to take or whatever else to "bring the numbers in line" to "make them healthy". Some people said they were going to another drug store, but this won't ultimately help because EVERYONE will jump the bandwagon eventually.

To reiterate, this is exactly what I was afraid of. While everyone was bickering over the cost of Obamacare I was severely concerned over personal freedoms. This is an excuse to monitor everyone, tell you what to eat, how to drug you, especially your kids, and to stay mentally healthy telling you what to think and so on and so forth. It's coming, H G Wells style.

Government controls people through laws and by force and business controls people through goods and services and employment....between the two,who regardless of occasional disagreements work together,there is little hope for the people.

I don't have a problem with this. No one is forcing them to work for CVS and be on their company health insurance plan. This is 100% the individuals choice to make.

If the employees does not want to supply this information they don't have to. If however they want to remain or get on the company insurance plan they do.

If I go to work for CVS today I would not be required to give them this information because I would not be on their company insurance plan. I am on another plan.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have a problem with this. No one is forcing them to work for CVS and be on their company health insurance plan. This is 100% the individuals choice to make.

If the employees does not want to supply this information they don't have to. If however they want to remain or get on the company insurance plan they do.

If I go to work for CVS today I would not be required to give them this information because I would not be on their company insurance plan. I am on another plan.

There's a major problem here with what you say, though. Eventually, everyone's going to jump the bandwagon. Now, I'm old and ornery enough that I'd be the type to say to heck with insurance. But now Obamama, Rancid Pelosi and the other cronies want to make it mandatory for a person to have health care. Initially, this will be only a fine if you don't, but ultimately may mean jail time especially if there's enough like me who refuse. OK, so now we all get it to avoid going to jail.

You have to read some of my other posts about this subject to see what I was building up to, i.e. in order to keep insurance is to obey the doctor's orders and I guarantee you that in order to do that we will all be overly medicated. It's both a power and money thing. Already over half of men my age are on cholesterol drugs, BP drugs, diabetes drugs, or combination of otherwise useless drugs that all they do is "bring the numbers" down but don't make one a stitch healthier or live one cubit longer.

This is what CVS does and is doing. If one's cholesterol is too high for example, they WILL force that employee on those dangerous, worthless drugs in order to bring their numbers and premiums down. This is not about health, this is about selling their own stuff, and Big Government and Pharma is trying their damnedest to make this a law to get in on it.

Again.... 1984, H. G. Wells style.

:wave

There's a major problem here with what you say, though. Eventually, everyone's going to jump the bandwagon. Now, I'm old and ornery enough that I'd be the type to say to heck with insurance. But now Obamama, Rancid Pelosi and the other cronies want to make it mandatory for a person to have health care. Initially, this will be only a fine if you don't, but ultimately may mean jail time especially if there's enough like me who refuse. OK, so now we all get it to avoid going to jail.

You have to read some of my other posts about this subject to see what I was building up to, i.e. in order to keep insurance is to obey the doctor's orders and I guarantee you that in order to do that we will all be overly medicated. It's both a power and money thing. Already over half of men my age are on cholesterol drugs, BP drugs, diabetes drugs, or combination of otherwise useless drugs that all they do is "bring the numbers" down but don't make one a stitch healthier or live one cubit longer.

This is what CVS does and is doing. If one's cholesterol is too high for example, they WILL force that employee on those dangerous, worthless drugs in order to bring their numbers and premiums down. This is not about health, this is about selling their own stuff, and Big Government and Pharma is trying their damnedest to make this a law to get in on it.

Again.... 1984, H. G. Wells style.

Obamacare is going to use the numbers to tell you that you cannot have hip replacement because your BMI is too high, you cannot have open heart surgery becaue you don't keep your numbers low enough and you cannot keep your leg because you don't keep good control on your bloodsugar so why waste the money.

CVS is collecting this information so they can decide if they want to pay the fine and stop providing health insurance to their employees or if they think it's going to be a wise financial move to continue to provide it. Most big businesses are doing the same math.

BTW, when it comes to my family's health we are proactive. My bff's husband is a cardiologists. We have wellness checkups every year and often request certain test to be run that our insurance provider deems unnecessary.

Obamacare is going to use the numbers to tell you that you cannot have hip replacement because your BMI is too high, you cannot have open heart surgery becaue you don't keep your numbers low enough and you cannot keep your leg because you don't keep good control on your bloodsugar so why waste the money.

CVS is collecting this information so they can decide if they want to pay the fine and stop providing health insurance to their employees or if they think it's going to be a wise financial move to continue to provide it. Most big businesses are doing the same math.

BTW, when it comes to my family's health we are proactive. My bff's husband is a cardiologists. We have wellness checkups every year and often request certain test to be run that our insurance provider deems unnecessary.

I agree with what you are saying here.... that people without the good numbers will be denied a lot of other things such as surgeries. My bone of contention is that bad numbers (and making them "better") is not an indicator of health. Numbers may reflect bad health, but the idea of making people "healthier" is to knock the numbers down with excessive drugs instead of getting at the root of the problem. For example If someone has a high cholesterol of 320 and dies of a heart attack in two years, if we get the cholesterol down to 180 with drugs, you know what will happen? He will still die in 2 years. The high cholesterol is an indicator of a problem just as signal lights warn a train is coming. If we shoot out the signal lights (because nobody's been killed at an intersection when the lights were off) and cross, we will still get hit.

But the problem is, when we lower the numbers, just like shooting out those lights, we are under the delusion everything is OK when in fact, we become walking death.

The tyranny that we see happening where this is being crammed down our throats comes from the ageing hippy baby boomers IMO who are now in power. That whole generation is screwed up, and rejected everything moral and right. And then they create their own cause-effect philosophy and their whole logic is in left field. They are more draconian than the morals and authority they rebelled against. It will probably be this generation that will bring in the Tribulation and bow to the beast, but that's another tangent and subject for another day.

But I like to deal with what affects us now, and how we are being controlled--- medicine and technology which is why you will see my posts against most medical advice and from the tech end anything to do with Microsoft is on my list of wrath.

I agree with what you are saying here.... that people without the good numbers will be denied a lot of other things such as surgeries. My bone of contention is that bad numbers (and making them "better") is not an indicator of health. Numbers may reflect bad health, but the idea of making people "healthier" is to knock the numbers down with excessive drugs instead of getting at the root of the problem. For example If someone has a high cholesterol of 320 and dies of a heart attack in two years, if we get the cholesterol down to 180 with drugs, you know what will happen? He will still die in 2 years. The high cholesterol is an indicator of a problem just as signal lights warn a train is coming. If we shoot out the signal lights (because nobody's been killed at an intersection when the lights were off) and cross, we will still get hit.

But the problem is, when we lower the numbers, just like shooting out those lights, we are under the delusion everything is OK when in fact, we become walking death.

The tyranny that we see happening where this is being crammed down our throats comes from the ageing hippy baby boomers IMO who are now in power. That whole generation is screwed up, and rejected everything moral and right. And then they create their own cause-effect philosophy and their whole logic is in left field. They are more draconian than the morals and authority they rebelled against. It will probably be this generation that will bring in the Tribulation and bow to the beast, but that's another tangent and subject for another day.

But I like to deal with what affects us now, and how we are being controlled--- medicine and technology which is why you will see my posts against most medical advice and from the tech end anything to do with Microsoft is on my list of wrath.

I am the other end of the spectrum. I like drugs! I like medical advances! I think these are good things. I thank God for these things. I am also a boomer.:wave

Here's an article dated today from my favorite Internet doctor Douglass:

http://douglassreport.com/2013/04/14/your-boss-is-watching-you/

He says basically the same thing I do, I must be becoming like him I can accurately sense trends. But I want to highlight something he said in this article:

That’s right, folks. If you don’t meet mainstream health targets, you could be in hot water with your boss — never mind that most of those targets are bogus and many are outright dangerous.
Those targets, of course, are numbers. I already get white coat hypertension at the doctors so I would be one of the targets, and then unless I take 2,3,5 or even 10 pills to bring it in line as they commonly prescribe, I won't get covered. Then....when I take them when I am calm the dramatic decrease in BP numbers might be enough to make me pass out and have a fatal car accident. Happens all the time.

And all this to make us all become "healthier" as these or other drugs never saved anyone or made them live longer.

The problem is we have to get away from the crap they peddle off as "food" which is why people are sicker---- that, and take lots of vitamins which is the only way to stay healthy. Like one doctor said, if you are not getting your vitamins, your arteries ARE oxidizing and all the cholesterol pills in the world won't make it better --- you'll still die just as soon whether low cholesterol or high. But I don't hear this being told today! And this matters far more!

The beast is coming,

So, public health care is initiated by Satan... 77% of Americans label themselves as Christians. According to a survey last year, 13% of all Americans firmly believe that President Obama is the Antichrist, another 13% are not sure, but can't rule it out, which means that 33%, one out of three Christians in America are either convinced that President Obama is the Antichrist or believe he could be. For a great number of Americans, then, the Beast is not "coming" - he's already there, and his name is Barack Obama. A reality check is in order.

The beast is coming,

So, public health care is initiated by Satan... 77% of Americans label themselves as Christians. According to a survey last year, 13% of all Americans firmly believe that President Obama is the Antichrist, another 13% are not sure, but can't rule it out, which means that 33%, one out of three Christians in America are either convinced that President Obama is the Antichrist or believe he could be. For a great number of Americans, then, the Beast is not "coming" - he's already there, and his name is Barack Obama. A reality check is in order.

Well, the beast is really a person who is yet to come, but is also a system. The beast will be Assyrian according to the bible, but that's another topic for another thread. The system's gearing up for him. That's what I meant, and it's manifesting itself one way by sicker people, and they are not sicker because of lack of medical care. On the contrary, my observations are that once people start going to doctors they can't seem to get away from them, like an addiction. :yes:toofunny

my observations are that once people start going to doctors they can't seem to get away from them, like an addiction.

True. A bit like when I had my (until then) well-functioning car checked at a workshop: marked the start of a rapid decay :)

Moderation is a good Christian virtue I guess, and a doctor is still good to have around...once we learn to avoid overconsumption ;)

The pharm industry is out of control.

It is SO HARD to find a doctor who doesn't push vaccines. Every doctor I've taken my kids to either sighs when I tell them they are not vaccinated, or smirks like I'm some hippy idiot. I'm not the one eating everything they feed you and contributing to the skyrocketing numbers of autism and other problems.

It took me a long time but I finally came across the stats for how many people who get these diseases aren't vaccinated in an article written by a doctor about why he wont vaccinate his kids. It turns out that 90% of cases ARE vaccinated. That means the unvaccinated only account for 10%. I know which side of those stats I want my kids to be on.

The psych drugs they have people on are making them crazy. The aurora shooter and the newtown shooter were both taking multiple psych meds at once. They aren't the only ones.

Trace amounts of prescription meds can be found in much of our tap water.

The food industry is just as bad. GMOs cause tumors in rats but then they say that we aren't exactly the same as rats. So are they just blowing money so people think they are researching it? What's the deal?

Well Tim, I imagine you know where I am on this...

Exo 15:26 And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the LORD that healeth thee.

Deu 7:11 Thou shalt therefore keep the commandments, and the statutes, and the judgments, which I command thee this day, to do them.
Deu 7:15 And the LORD will take away from thee all sickness, and will put none of the evil diseases of Egypt, which thou knowest, upon thee; but will lay them upon all them that hate thee.

Psa 103:3 Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;

Jas 5:14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:

Well Tim, I imagine you know where I am on this...

Exo 15:26 And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the LORD that healeth thee.

Deu 7:11 Thou shalt therefore keep the commandments, and the statutes, and the judgments, which I command thee this day, to do them.
Deu 7:15 And the LORD will take away from thee all sickness, and will put none of the evil diseases of Egypt, which thou knowest, upon thee; but will lay them upon all them that hate thee.

Psa 103:3 Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;

Jas 5:14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:

That's right. And if we follow his commands, part of them tell us how to eat right instead of listening to medical, health, or even Michele Obamama's advice. In short, we are sick because we turn away from biblical advice and follow something else.

I'm rarely sick (even though my mainline Christian counterparts tell me I will be if I don't do this, that or the other thing--- they get sick, so the logic is they think that I must, too). And I rarely go to the doctor. If I go, it's more to confirm diagnosis instead of receiving continuous treatment as many do--- if I know what I have, I can deal with it. They even invent conditions such as high cholesterol, high blood pressure, high this or that to convince us we "need" these medicines the rest of our lives. No we don't. So that kind of stuff I don't listen to. I don't even know what my cholesterol is and I don't care.

When I am sick, I get introspective and see where I went wrong.

Here's an interesting article mentioning some economic/political aspects of this legislation. This is old news to most people, but even this Democrat (Sen. Max Baucus, D-Mont.) is not seeking another term over this "train wreck" legislation. This is why I look at the personal implications beyond the economics and political end of this. Rancid Peloci et al, as much of an arrogant witch that she is, could not be this stupid to say "We'll have to pass it to see what's in it". There must be ulterior motives because nobody is that abysmally lame-brained. Such reasoning would not pass in college, in a place of employment, or in any institution. Why in congress???? Freakin' incredible.

http://www.wnd.com/2013/04/democrats-panic-over-obamacare-train-wreck/

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back