Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

This one thing I know . . .

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

mutzrein

I’ve noticed a couple of threads lately that have indicated folks have changed their minds on what they formerly believed – and I applaud their honesty.

It is plain that when we hold to a particular view, we ‘preach’ it as truth. Others of course, sometimes hold to the opposite point of view and therefore preach their view as truth. Truth itself however, remains constant irrespective of our views, so I am wondering how strongly we are prepared to hold to a particular view in light of what others say and perhaps in light of what scripture says which may not always seem to support our view.

Can we really be honest enough to say that a part of scripture confounds our thinking and therefore we cannot be absolutely sure that the view we hold to, is 100% correct?

So this is my question – and I’m talking about things that cannot be proven by science or are not physically evident . If there is one thing that you can be completely, absolutely, without a doubt -100% sure of, what would it be?

That Jesus is God and is the creator of all.
That is was literally God who was hung on the tree for my sins.
That it was God who was able to be the perfect sacrifice.
That I will be with him someday.
That God resides and lives in me.
That God became flesh and dwelt among us.

Much the same as jgredline...

God loves us very very much.

He loves us enough to give us a choice to follow Him.
He loves us enough to empty Himself and walk and talk with us.
He loves us enough to endure all our pain, guilt, and suffering.
He loves us enough to die for us.
He loves us enough to actually desire to live in you and me!

jgredline said:
That Jesus is God and is the creator of all.
That is was literally God who was hung on the tree for my sins.
That it was God who was able to be the perfect sacrifice.
That I will be with him someday.
That God resides and lives in me.
That God became flesh and dwelt among us.

Thankyou JG - within your 'knowns', and I expect these are matters which you 'know' and accept by faith, is there anything in scripture that you have a problem with?

What I mean is - while we all 'know' certain things, sometimes a scripture pops up which could perhaps be seen to conflict with what we know.

mutzrein said:
Thankyou JG - within your 'knowns', and I expect these are matters which you 'know' and accept by faith, is there anything in scripture that you have a problem with?

What I mean is - while we all 'know' certain things, sometimes a scripture pops up which could perhaps be seen to conflict with what we know.

There are quite a few things that I really do not know or understand that is written with in the scriptures.....This is one of the things that makes bible study very exciting....This is why I learned Greek to try and get a better understanding. This is why I went to two bible colleges and you know what I learned?
That I have just scratched the surface of what the scriptures teach....

I believe in miracles.

Luk 18:27 And he said, The things which are impossible with men are possible with God

Gen 18:14 Is any thing too hard for the LORD? ....

Mat 19:26 ...with God all things are possible.

Luk 1:37 For with God nothing shall be impossible.

Jer 32:17 Ah Lord GOD! behold, thou hast made the heaven and the earth by thy great power and stretched out arm, [and] there is nothing too hard for thee:

Jer 32:27 Behold, I [am] the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?

Mar 9:23 Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things [are] possible to him that believeth.

Mat 17:20 ...If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

This one thing I know . . .

That God is love and whosoever dwells in love, dwells in God.

I know Jesus is God, and there is not one thing in the Bible that disturbs me in any way, shape, or form nor conflicts with my beliefs.

God's Word is God's Word and it can be trusted totally.

Solo said:
I know Jesus is God, and there is not one thing in the Bible that disturbs me in any way, shape, or form nor conflicts with my beliefs.

God's Word is God's Word and it can be trusted totally.

Amen and Amen :smt023

The one thing I know is that there isn’t any other God that I can turn to for any need that I have. Some look for the god of knowledge, the god of science, the god of materialism or even the god of health for their happiness. What I know, is that God has a purpose, and it is beyond my full comprehension to begin to understand it.

I know that when I read the story leading up to the fall of Jerusalem in 587, I am disturbed that Israel and Judah were split. I’m disturbed by the siege of Jerusalem and that mothers would eat their own babies to survive the siege as they were being starved as a nation.

What I know, is that history repeats itself, and it has, and it is… And God is good.

StoveBolts said:
What I know, is that God has a purpose, and it is beyond my full comprehension to begin to understand it.
What I know, is that history repeats itself, and it has, and it is… And God is good.

Thanks Stove - and again I agree. Your comment about the purpose of God being beyond comprehension has caused me to reflect on something the Lord showed me some time ago.

It was of an orchestra and God was the composer and conductor. But this composition was like no other. It was a masterpiece being played from the beginning of time to the end. Each instrument was being played precisely as He determined and each member of the orchestra seemed to be playing as extensions of His hands. Some members played less and some more significant parts according to the composition and each according to the instrument given them. Each and every musician was attentive to the conductor as though nothing else mattered and while each was played in symphony which the others it was only their instrument which seemed to exist.

But what impressed me most was that the masterpiece was quickly reaching a crescendo. It was almost complete and it seemed as though at any moment the conductor would make a final sweep of his hand and lower the baton. The intensity of the music was captivating, the pace was quickening but none seemed know when that moment would be.

So vivid was the impression of the crescendo that it has remained with me ever since.

Yes, the disharmony of the church is nothing like the vision you had of the symphony, is it? Sad to think of the gifts and talents being wasted as believers are divided and set to playing different discordant tunes that can’t be reconciled to the truth. If everyone had the same music and kept in tune and in step with the conductor, we could make some beautiful music. All the fighting to make our view heard above the rest only drowns out the love and harmony of the piece (peace) God has composed for us to play. Thanks for your thought provoking post, Mutz.
:smt023 :smt020

mutzrein said:
Thanks Stove - and again I agree. Your comment about the purpose of God being beyond comprehension has caused me to reflect on something the Lord showed me some time ago.

It was of an orchestra and God was the composer and conductor. But this composition was like no other. It was a masterpiece being played from the beginning of time to the end. Each instrument was being played precisely as He determined and each member of the orchestra seemed to be playing as extensions of His hands. Some members played less and some more significant parts according to the composition and each according to the instrument given them. Each and every musician was attentive to the conductor as though nothing else mattered and while each was played in symphony which the others it was only their instrument which seemed to exist.

But what impressed me most was that the masterpiece was quickly reaching a crescendo. It was almost complete and it seemed as though at any moment the conductor would make a final sweep of his hand and lower the baton. The intensity of the music was captivating, the pace was quickening but none seemed know when that moment would be.

So vivid was the impression of the crescendo that it has remained with me ever since.

Mutz,

This is a great thread that I will re-read, just as I re-read this ace post for a musician to read on his 59th birthday

The OP reminded me that "One Thing" conference is on http://www.God.TV @ 1pm - as in "1 thing have I asked of the Lord & that will I seek after: to behold the beauty of the Lord & to enquire in His temple.."

& your crescendo reminded me that it's followed by "God's Prophetic Agenda" @ 2.30

God bless!

Ian

jgredline said:
There are quite a few things that I really do not know or understand that is written with in the scriptures.....This is one of the things that makes bible study very exciting....This is why I learned Greek to try and get a better understanding. This is why I went to two bible colleges and you know what I learned?
That I have just scratched the surface of what the scriptures teach....

I too went to 2 Bible Colleges, & praying my way into my birthday as I saw those 2 conferences advertised, I told the Lord that, even though I've known Him for 45 years this month, & even though Bible prophecy has always been my fave topic - (having been born in 1948 to a Bible College grad mum & a dad who knew his Bible even better than she did!) - I told the Lord that I want to honour Him & honour my brothers & sisters in Christ by being home again by 2.30 & watching in a spirit of expectancy for new revelation beaming worldwide

I'm sure some readers will be blest just by seeing that God, in His love, caused some of my fave Scriptures to be put into this Word 4 Today from ww.arcamax.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today! Now! We are His beloved children

Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when He appears, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is.

1 John 3:2 NIV

For He says, "At the acceptable time I have listened to you, and helped you on the day of salvation." Behold, now is the acceptable time; behold, now is the day of salvation.

2 Corinthians 6:2 RSV

Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

Romans 8:1 NASB

And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath He reconciled in the body of His flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in His sight.

Colossians 1:21,22 KJV

Thanks be unto God for His wonderful gift:
Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God
is the object of our faith; the only faith
that saves is faith in Him.

Printer Friendly Version | Send this story to a friend | Back to Top

Through the Bible in a Year - Readings for January 27

January 27: Luke 20:1-26, Genesis 35-36, Psalm 27

Click Here for the complete schedule

Or Copy and paste this link into your browser:
http://www.arcamax.com/ttb-yr.html

Printer Friendly Version | Send this story to a friend | Back to Top