Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

This site goes just too far....

• Thread starter follower of Christ
  • Start date

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
F

follower of Christ

http://www.geocities.com/biblestudying/remarriage5.html

Go down to "spousal abuse''

Surely, men as loving as Jesus and Paul would not have wanted or intended that an abused wife was required to endure such suffering. Surely, such compassionate men would have wanted to remove the wife from this most unjust, physical harm.

Or would they?.....

This writer actaully pushes the idea that an abused wife is to stay with her man giving all sorts of scripture that has NOTHING to do with the marital covenant to tell some young battered woman she needs to stay with her dog and let him beat her so God will approve of her.

This clown uses passages applying to christians VS the unsaved world and tries to parallel them to Gods holy union of marriage.
Our ''suffering" should be at the hands if the unjust and the abominable........NOT each other and surely NOT one to whom we entered into Gods holiest of unions.

These are the types Id like to see stand before God on that day.
That may sound unforgiving, and maybe it is.
Just as some are unforgiving towards that sweet 22 year old girl who has to leave her animal and ends up remarrying 10 years later to a good, christian man.

It seems this chap is completely oblivious to the fact that both Jesus AND Moses were PROTECTING an innocent wife in Deut 24 and Matt/Mark.

I get so tired of seeing people claim to have the "spirit'' of things, then clearly spout out the ''letter'' ( that which agrees with thier views) so adamantly
that its plain to see that they wouldnt know the ''spirit'' of the law if it was biting them about the head and neck.

Sorry, Im ranting, but this guy just really ticks me off.
I dont think he knows the first thing about the 'spirit' of Gods word.

Nor a thing about.........".... but God has called us to peace "
(1Co 7:15 EMTV)

I agree with you. That isnt godly wisdom...thats Stupidity. If someone is abusing you on a daily basis you dont stay. :crazyeyes:

Back