Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Those Loving and Peaceful Muslims

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
S

Solo

Please pray for these persecuted brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus

"Yes, and all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution. But evil men and impostors will grow worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived. But you must continue in the things which you have learned and been assured of, knowing from whom you have learned them, and that from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus." 2 Timothy 3:12-15

PAKISTAN
PAKISTAN.gif

LineBreak.gif

Evangelists Beaten at Muslim Festival - VOM Sources

A team of Pakistani Christian evangelists supported by The Voice of the Martyrs was attacked and beaten Friday, January 26th, after handing out more than 13,000 Christian tracts at a Muslim festival in Pakpattan, Pakistan. Three members of the four-member team were roughed up by radical Muslims then taken to the police station where they were detained and questioned before being released. However, the fourth evangelist, the leader of the team, was badly beaten by a mob of more than 100 angry Muslims, who then dragged him through the crowd before taking him to the police station. He was beaten so severely that he reported blood in his urine and his stool. VOM contacts are taking him to a hospital for medical care. Pray for God's protection for these courageous believers. Ask God to heal their injuries and for the Holy Spirit to comfort their families during this difficult time.
Hebrews 12:1-3, Psalm 107:20

ERITREA
ERITREA.gif

LineBreak.gif

Sixty-eight Christians Arrested - Compass Direct News/VOM Sources

Police and military authorities in Eritrea jailed 68 Christians in three official round-up operations conducted the first week of January.

• January 4 - Military commanders at Sawa Military Center held "random check-up on the activities of Christian extremists" on teenage student conscripts. They found 250 Bibles, which they burned in front of the whole military camp. They arrested 35 students and ordered they be subjected to severe military punishment, including torture.
    [/*:m:5e52d]
  • January 5 - Police took 8 government workers into custody. The Christians are being interrogated and pressured by police to identify leaders and name anyone supporting them.
    [/*:m:5e52d]
  • January 5 - Thirty-five Christians in Assab were arrested by police. They were pressured to recant their faith. Pray for the release of all Christians in Eritrea who are imprisoned for their faith. Pray those being tortured will be strengthened and delivered by the Lord.[/*:m:5e52d]
2 Corinthians 1:9-11

PAKISTAN
PAKISTAN.gif

LineBreak.gif

UPDATE - Christian Released from Prison after Six Years

On Friday, January 19, 2007, Shahbaz Kaka, was released from prison after serving six years of a life sentence. According to a statement issued by Justice Ejah Ahmad Chaudry (High Court Lahore), Shahbaz will spend a month under medical care and then return home. Shahbaz was arrested in June 2001, after he used the bathroom at a mosque. "Qari Rafique, the head of the mosque, asked him why he was using the toilet that was adjacent to the mosque. He quizzed Shahbaz on whether he was a Christian because he was wearing a cross around his neck," a VOM source said. The source added that after the conversation, Rafique initiated false allegations against Shahbaz. A complaint was made to the authorities stating Shahbaz disgraced the Quran by tearing pages out, cutting them into pieces and trampling them under his feet. Shahbaz was arrested and later charged with blasphemy. He was sentenced to life in prison in 2004. VOM rejoices with Shahbaz Kaka and his family at his release. Pray his testimony will cause Muslims in Pakistan to follow Christ. Ask God to protect and comfort Christians in Pakistan who face persecution.

Information received in email from Voice of the Martyrs at http://www.persecution.com/

I don't believe it is fair or truthful to convict all Muslims of being violent or dangerous because of the actions of some. Yes, it is terrible that in some places around the world people face such persecution. To me, that just outlines the need for religious tolerance, which cannot be achived by villifying all members of a certain faith. The vast majority of Muslims are peace loving. Muslims are a large minority in many Western nations, such as the U.S., yet you don't hear of such fanatical actions taking place in downtown Detroit (next to the largest Muslim community in the nation, at Deerborn). However, there is no money in reporting on peace, so naturally the only stories coming out of the media are about sensationalist violence. If these were regular happenings, they wouldn't make the news. I pray for the safety of missionaries and Christian believers the world over, but I also pray for the many Muslims who do not agree with the extremist action their brothers are taking.

gin_koneko said:
I don't believe it is fair or truthful to convict all Muslims of being violent or dangerous because of the actions of some. Yes, it is terrible that in some places around the world people face such persecution. To me, that just outlines the need for religious tolerance, which cannot be achived by villifying all members of a certain faith. The vast majority of Muslims are peace loving. Muslims are a large minority in many Western nations, such as the U.S., yet you don't hear of such fanatical actions taking place in downtown Detroit (next to the largest Muslim community in the nation, at Deerborn). However, there is no money in reporting on peace, so naturally the only stories coming out of the media are about sensationalist violence. If these were regular happenings, they wouldn't make the news. I pray for the safety of missionaries and Christian believers the world over, but I also pray for the many Muslims who do not agree with the extremist action their brothers are taking.

I can understand that and I do see the point.
But what makes you think these aren't "regular happenings"? There's a terrorist offense committed about every 3 hours in the world. And many if not most of those the media doesn't mention. There's "happenings" occurring in many other countries other than Iraq.
There were almost 8000 attacks since 9/11. The majority of these attacks are carried out against civilians.
In any case I haven't heard much about peaceful muslims refuting the Islamic scriptures from the Koran that the terrorists are following. One can point out the OT of the bible has many violent areas and I don't think anyone can argue that with much success. However that changed dramatically in Christ's ministry 2,000 years ago. Yet, there is no such "transition" in the Koran, what is written is still followed today. And to the letter by the extremist. Entire counties are based on the fundemental scriptures of the Koran, such as Iran. And the Taliban is fighting to reinstall fundementalism in Afganistan. Again, using scripture found in the Koran.

So my question is can the Koran be used to disprove the belief the terrorist is advocating and turn them away from violence? I think I can safely assume they won't follow Christ's ministry.

Pakistani Christians Escape Brick Kiln Torture
January 29, 2007

PAKISTAN – On November 15, 2006, Shahzad and Saraj Bashir, 18 and 20 years old respectively, escaped bondage and torture at the hands of their brick kiln owner. Shazad and Saraj told a VOM worker in Pakistan, the brick kiln owner had kidnapped them and kept them in a secret location where they were tortured and beaten in an attempt to force them to convert from Christianity to Islam.

“When Shahzad and Saraj refused to convert, the brick kiln owner took them away. He put them in a small empty room with a mud floor without a bed, chair or mattress. He kept them there for a month. He gave them food once a day and beat them with a stick when they refused to convert back to Islam. He also threw acid on their arms, but they remained true to their Christ,†the VOM worker said.

When Shahzad’s family started working on the kiln, they were paid between 200 to 300 rupees for one thousand bricks. After a month the owner stopped paying them, but instead told Shahzad’s family they owed him 45,000 rupees ($744). “What angered the brick kiln owner more were the prayer meetings conducted by Pastor Emmanuel. Christians attended the prayer meetings and refused converting to Islam,†the worker added.

Throughout Shahzad and Saraj’s captivity, they prayed daily and asked God to rescue them and He did. “On November 15 when they discovered the door was open, they bowed before God and thanked Him for the miracle and then escaped,†the worker said. The brothers ran for eight days, without food, until they reunited with their family.

The brothers are still fearful of the kiln owner and have moved from the area close to the brick kiln. The owner is still looking for Shahzad and Saraj to repay their debt. Pray God protects them as they relocate to new areas. Ask God to give them strength and resilience to remain faithful. Pray God will use their testimony to draw other Muslims in Pakistan to Himself.

Retrieved from The Voice of the Martyrs at http://www.persecution.com

EGYPT: Kidnappers' Attempt to Force Teenage Girl to Convert to Islam Botched
October 10, 2006

The Voice of the Martyrs

On October 2nd at 2:30 p.m., Lorans Wageah Emeel, a 15-year-old Christian girl, was kidnapped by Muslims in the Egyptian city of El Mahala Al Kobra, about 60 miles north of Cairo. The incident was publicized by El Tareek, the only Arabic Christian newspaper in the Middle East. It is reported that the abductors are trying to force Lorans, a student of Saida Nafesa High School in El Mahalla Al Kobra, to deny Christ and accept Islam.

At approximately 10:30 a.m. Cairo time, on October 3rd, the Emeel family gathered around the El Mahala Al Kobra police station, pleading with the officers to return Lorans to them. Her parents accused a Muslim man of kidnapping their daughter at 2:30 in the afternoon and filed a police report at the station.

Under the cover of night at 10:00 on October 3rd, kidnapped Christian teenager, Lorans, managed to escape from her Muslim captors, who drugged and threatened to rape her if she refused Islam, before abducting her from a public bus, according to Compass Direct. While the terrorists were taking a break from a Ramadan fast, Lorans broke out of her detention room located in Helwan, a suburb just south of Cairo. It is also reported that Lorans’ father received the following text messages during the abduction: “The girl is not accepting easily, but she will embrace Islam for sure,†and “Take the rest of your daughters and leave the city, or you will lose them one by one.†Prior to reuniting with her family, State Security Investigation officials told Lorans that if she did not deny the kidnapping, she would never see her parents again.

The kidnapping of Christian teenage girls in Muslim nations has reached into the thousands. Many are forced through physical violence to convert to Islam. Other girls are often lured into becoming Muslims with promises of material wealth. The Voice of the Martyrs sponsors safe houses in Islamic countries to protect Christian teenage girls who have been threatened with or have escaped from abduction. These Christian refuges are also places where young women learn job skills and receive spiritual training.

Retrieved from The Voice of the Martyrs at http://www.persecution.com

January 29, 2007
Iranian Government Is Increasing Persecution; Wants Christians To Leave Iran

January 29, 2007

Christians in Iran are showing resilience amidst escalating persecution by the government. The underground-church movement is growing and the church is expanding.

The Voice of the Martyrs recently received information from an Iranian contact that the government is increasing pressure on Christians to leave. “The government of Iran wants Christians to leave. They are increasing persecution and want them out of the country. They think driving out Christians will stop the spread of Christianity,†the VOM source said.

He added believers have lost their homes, jobs and property as a result of converting from Islam to Christianity. The Iranian government uses, fear, threats, harassment, “staged†accidents, jail and the death penalty against Christians.

VOM is helping Christians in Iran. This past summer VOM published a book called, Iran: Desperate for God with testimonies from the underground church. Many believe Iran has the fastest growing Muslim-convert-to Christ “church†in the world. Pray God gives Christians in Iran boldness to be faithful and share the gospel for Him.

Question: Why are you focusing only on Muslims? Would you like a list of reports of what orthodox Jews do to followers that convert to Christianity?

Just wondering, because it seems that you are lumping all Muslims together. Yet make no mention of other followers of other faiths.

What I do find interesting though is that I have worked with Muslims, have friends that are Muslims, shopped at businesses that are owned by Muslims, yet I have never once been approached to 'convert' or prosyletized by a Muslim.

Perhaps the method could be a part of the problem?!?

aLoneVoice said:
Question: Why are you focusing only on Muslims? Would you like a list of reports of what orthodox Jews do to followers that convert to Christianity?

Just wondering, because it seems that you are lumping all Muslims together. Yet make no mention of other followers of other faiths.

What I do find interesting though is that I have worked with Muslims, have friends that are Muslims, shopped at businesses that are owned by Muslims, yet I have never once been approached to 'convert' or prosyletized by a Muslim.

Perhaps the method could be a part of the problem?!?
You ought to start a thread entitled the good things that Muslims teach concerning their religios beliefs and the tolerance that Muslim nations have towards all other religions.

"I am sure that you could find many articles relating to the tolerance of other religions by the Muslims," Solo says as he refuses to hold his breath in anticipation of a thread such as that being begun.

This thread is for the purpose of showing that most Muslims stand idly by as Christians are persecuted for their beliefs. What do you think of the articles presented? Are you a Christian or a Muslim?

Solo said:
You ought to start a thread entitled the good things that Muslims teach concerning their religios beliefs and the tolerance that Muslim nations have towards all other religions.

To do so would probably violate the rules of this forum as it could be seen as a promotion of another religion. So, you are correct, I will not start that thread. Though I will note that I find it somewhat odd that it is okay to criticize and bash other religions, but not okay to post about the 'promotion' of other religions.

This thread is for the purpose of showing that most Muslims stand idly by as Christians are persecuted for their beliefs. What do you think of the articles presented? Are you a Christian or a Muslim?

Actually that is not true. When the four members of CPT were kidnapped, many Arab and Muslim organizations came to their defense and pleaded for their release. Yet here in America so-called "evangelical, fundamental Christians" criticized the actions of CPT and specifically those 4 members.

Does it really matter what I am to have a discussion?

aLoneVoice said:
Does it really matter what I am to have a discussion?
The OP is clear concerning the attacks that Christians are under in the Muslim nations, and the first sentence of the OP is "Please pray for these persecuted brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus"

If you are not a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ move on to another thread with your pro-Muslim understanding. This thread is for Christians to understand that brothers and sisters in Christ are being persecuted in Muslim countries. Aren't you glad that Christians do not attack Muslims as Muslims attack Christians?

Solo said:
The OP is clear concerning the attacks that Christians are under in the Muslim nations, and the first sentence of the OP is Please pray for these persecuted brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus"

Forgive me for being new here and not understanding what OP stands for. Would you please explain what OP stands for?

If you are not a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ move on to another thread with your pro-Muslim understanding. This thread is for Christians to understand that brothers and sisters in Christ are being persecuted in Muslim countries.
Aren't you glad that Christians do not attack Muslims as Muslims attack Christians?[/quote]

I truly understand what this thread is about - the persecution of Christians. I merely wondered why you were narrowing it to only the persecution at the hands of Muslims and from all the other 'faiths'. Cleary you would agree that other 'faiths' persecute Christians as well?

Though I would point out that most persecution is done at the hands of 'nationals' who use religion to justify their persecution - be it Hindu Nationals, Muslim Nationals, Jewish Nationals, etc.

Aren't you glad that Christians do not attack Muslims as Muslims attack Christians?

Yes, I am glad that Christians of today do not act in the manner that they once did act. Like during the Crusdades, the Inquisition, justifying slavery for slave trading. Unfortunately, while we have given up physical violence, it would appear that verbal violence and hatred is still alive and well.

And yet, while the "church" has not taken up arms to attack, I cannot help by wonder why some in the Church supports those that do.

--------

ps. I am a christian.

Pakistan Detains Christian Woman For "Insulting" Islam
Added: Jan 26th, 2007 12:29 AM

By BosNewsLife News Center

ISLAMABAD, PAKISTAN (BosNewsLife) -- A Christian married mother with six children remained detained in a Pakistani jail Thursday, January 25, and could face the death penalty for allegedly insulting Islam, her supporters told BosNewsLife.

Police took Martha Bibi into custody late Monday, January 22, in the town of Kot Nanak Singh in District Kasur, southeast of the city of Lahore, after the local Imam urged Muslims to attack the Christian family saying "Martha uttered derogatory words against the Holy Prophet Muhammad," said the All Pakistan Minorities Alliance (APMA) advocacy group.

"On hearing the continuous announcement [from the mosque] and voices of people outside who were gathered to attack her home, Martha's family left to hide in one of the neighboring houses," APMA said. However soon, "police came and arrested Martha Bibi."

She was charged under section 295 C of Pakistan's controversial Blasphemy Law and could face the death penalty if convicted, APMA. In many cases Christians have however received long prison sentences. Bibi has denied the charges.

LOCAL MUSLIMS

Police apparently detained her after on false accusations of blasphemy made by local Muslims, suggested APMA, which is providing legal assistance to the woman. APMA investigators said the problems began when Marti Bibi asked for money from Muslim men working in the Mosque with material they rented from her husband's construction shop.

The men refused to pay the rent and instead started to beat her, APMA said, citing local sources in the region, an area where about 12 Christian families live among 500 Muslim families. "On the intervention of local passersby, she was freed and returned home," APMA said, before being arrested later in the day by local police.

APMA Chairman Shahbaz Bhatti told BosNewsLife that he appealed to the chief justice of the Supreme Court to take against "the alarming misuse of the blasphemy law." He has the government to repeal the law which Bhatti said has become "a tool in the hands of extremists to persecute, victimize and terrorize religious minorities and opponents."

FREE AID

APMA lawyers have been providing free legal aid to Martha Bibi and the group is assisting the family. A Pakistani official said Tuesday, January 23, that Islamabad wants to reform its controversial blasphemy law, just days after a mentally-ill Christian and a Christian teenager were released from prison.

Senator Mushahid Hussain Sayed reportedly said the law, would be changed after a general election due late this year or early 2008. (With BosNewsLife reports and BosNewsLife Research).

Copyright 2007 BosNewsLife. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without our prior written consent.

Retrieved from http://www.worthynews.com/christian/pak ... ing-islam/

aLoneVoice said:
Solo said:
The OP is clear concerning the attacks that Christians are under in the Muslim nations, and the first sentence of the OP is Please pray for these persecuted brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus"
Forgive me for being new here and not understanding what OP stands for. Would you please explain what OP stands for?
OP = Opening Post.
aLoneVoice said:
Solo said:
If you are not a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ move on to another thread with your pro-Muslim understanding. This thread is for Christians to understand that brothers and sisters in Christ are being persecuted in Muslim countries.
I truly understand what this thread is about - the persecution of Christians. I merely wondered why you were narrowing it to only the persecution at the hands of Muslims and from all the other 'faiths'. Cleary you would agree that other 'faiths' persecute Christians as well?

Though I would point out that most persecution is done at the hands of 'nationals' who use religion to justify their persecution - be it Hindu Nationals, Muslim Nationals, Jewish Nationals, etc.
This particular thread is a thread that speaks of Muslims persecuting Christians. Islam is not a peaceful religion even if some Muslims are peaceful. I worked with a Muslim from Pakistan that was here on a work visa. He was friendly enough and seemed peaceful, but he believed that the Taliban were correct in their manner of expressing their beliefs over the people of Afghanistan.
aLoneVoice said:
Solo said:
quote="Solo"]
Aren't you glad that Christians do not attack Muslims as Muslims attack Christians?
Yes, I am glad that Christians of today do not act in the manner that they once did act. Like during the Crusdades, the Inquisition, justifying slavery for slave trading. Unfortunately, while we have given up physical violence, it would appear that verbal violence and hatred is still alive and well.
I did not live in the days of the Crusaders therefore I do not know first hand what the specifics of the Crusades were. I know that the Roman Catholic church was headed by infidels over the centuries, and that many believer in the Lord Jesus Christ was murdered by them. Read Foxes Book of Martyrs.
I also do not know the specifics of slavery throughout the world, but I do know that God's chosen people were slaves way before blacks were slaves, and the Bible speaks directly as to how a servant is to be treated in a godly way, not an ungodly way.
Also, where in the Scriptures does Jesus teach to be as you accuse Christians of being? Be careful not to fall into the mode that satan is named for; the accuser of the brethren. Christians that do not follow Jesus are following their sin, the world, or satan.

aLoneVoice said:
And yet, while the "church" has not taken up arms to attack, I cannot help by wonder why some in the Church supports those that do.

--------

ps. I am a christian.
The Bible does not say for any man not to protect themselves from evil. In fact, Jesus told His disciples to go and purchase a sword prior to his being taken in the garden by the Roman soldiers. Murder is wrong, but protecting one's self, family, community, country is not.

Since you are a Christian, pray for those that are being persecuted by the Muslims, and start a thread on the persecution of Christians by other religions and state governments. Know this, that those who are not with God are against God, no matter what their human religious order is, and there are only two faiths to follow while alive on this earth, the true faith and the faith of lies.

Solo - thank you for the exchange. It is clear from the title of your post and later comments that you have an axe to grind against Muslims. I have asked why you choose to narrowly focus on persecution at the hands of Muslims. But you have yet to provide an answer.

I would content that the person you worked with falls into the category of a 'nationalist' that uses faith to justify their actions.

I believe it was Augustine who commented of 'conversion by the sword'.

Remember that we are also commanded to pray for everyone - even our enemies.

Lastly, I would entertain the notion of discussing "buying a sword" if you would be willing as well - perhaps by starting a new thread in a more appropiate forum?

aLoneVoice said:
Solo - thank you for the exchange. It is clear from the title of your post and later comments that you have an axe to grind against Muslims. I have asked why you choose to narrowly focus on persecution at the hands of Muslims. But you have yet to provide an answer.

I would content that the person you worked with falls into the category of a 'nationalist' that uses faith to justify their actions.

I believe it was Augustine who commented of 'conversion by the sword'.

Remember that we are also commanded to pray for everyone - even our enemies.

Lastly, I would entertain the notion of discussing "buying a sword" if you would be willing as well - perhaps by starting a new thread in a more appropiate forum?

There is plenty of work keeping up on the current threat of Muslim unbelievers and the danger that they are to Christians worldwide, so I will concentrate on those so that the wool isn't pulled over the eyes of the body of Christ which prevents prayer; but if you would like to research the persecution of Christians in China, India, and/or Russia so that Christians can pray for those under persecution, great! Start a thread so that we can pray for the brothers and sisters in harms way after which we can pray for the salvation of those enemies who persecute us.

Start a thread on buying a sword, and do not forget to read the Statement of Faith and the Terms of Service.

Have you posted here at 123 Christian Forum before under a different username? Your style is familiar.

Solo said:
Start a thread on buying a sword, and do not forget to read the Statement of Faith and the Terms of Service.

When I registered, I read both - so you please mind explaining why you felt the need to remind me to read them? Have any of my posts violated either?

solo said:
Have you posted here at 123 Christian Forum before under a different username? Your style is familiar.

No - I am new here, just recently finding this place.

aLoneVoice said:
Solo said:
When I registered, I read both - so you please mind explaining why you felt the need to remind me to read them? Have any of my posts violated either?

No - I am new here, just recently finding this place.
From your 1st post to your 21st post, you have been vague in your answers, and on the border line of being divisive instead of unifying. You give the appearance of being on this forum to be more negative than positive. I am insuring that you are aware of the Terms of Service & Statement of Faith for your benefit in edifying the body of Christ in this place. Have a great stay here and happy posting! :biggrin

I look forward to my time here.

I did not realive that I was being vague in any of my posts. Rather, I chose my words very carefully as to make sure that I do not leave any ambiquity in what I say.

I seek to ask questions - at times that might challenge the status-quo, but it is through asking that we are able to find answers.

I also believe that the God we serve is not threatened by questions, and as such neither should God's followers be either.

aLoneVoice said:
I look forward to my time here.

I did not realive that I was being vague in any of my posts. Rather, I chose my words very carefully as to make sure that I do not leave any ambiquity in what I say.

I seek to ask questions - at times that might challenge the status-quo, but it is through asking that we are able to find answers.

I also believe that the God we serve is not threatened by questions, and as such neither should God's followers be either.
Seeking God's Truth is necessary in one's path to spiritual growth. Many are edified in the body when such occurs. Making accusations of brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus is another matter, and I am sure that you will not be involved in that. Thanks for you input.

PS Are you going to start a thread concerning the persecution of Christians by those other than Muslims?

Solo said:
PS Are you going to start a thread concerning the persecution of Christians by those other than Muslims?

Persecution is wrong period, regardless of who is doing it.

Nor does it do any good to villify any group. It is important to remember the Brothers and Sisters in chains, and to pray for those that hold the chains.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back