Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Thoughts or opinions regarding Orthodox Quakers

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Hi all, I really respect alot of the people on this boards opinion regarding Christian religions, does anyone have an opinion regarding Orthodox Quakers? are they in keeping with the Holy Bible?

I find that my beliefs closely match the belief of this religion and wanted to research it and thought this would be the perfect place to get some honest opinions.

Thanks for your input:waving

anyone%20smiley.gif

I think their rejection of the sacraments (water baptism and communion) is problematical. The Scriptures clearly teach us that these things are important and God-instituted. The Friends tend to "spiritualize" both, but as we can see with Philip and the Ethiopian when he said, "Here is water, what prevents me from being baptized" water baptism wasn't something that "went away" with John. And, the Holy Spirit obviously thought communion was something important enough to do worthily because He inspired Paul to correct the Corinthians when they were getting it wrong.

Other than these things, I don't have a problem with Quaker theology....but then again, these are pretty big things.

I think their rejection of the sacraments (water baptism and communion) is problematical. The Scriptures clearly teach us that these things are important and God-instituted. The Friends tend to "spiritualize" both, but as we can see with Philip and the Ethiopian when he said, "Here is water, what prevents me from being baptized" water baptism wasn't something that "went away" with John. And, the Holy Spirit obviously thought communion was something important enough to do worthily because He inspired Paul to correct the Corinthians when they were getting it wrong.

Other than these things, I don't have a problem with Quaker theology....but then again, these are pretty big things.
Thank you very much for your input. I did do pretty extensive research on the Quakers on the internet and I too have a problem with the water baptism and communion but what I found was not all Quaker communities exclude them. I am quite interested in them but the thing is I tend to find asking questions on a site like this I will get honest opinions vs going to a Quaker site. Just wondering if anyone had any experience with them.

A couple of my close friends when growing up were Friends. They were great Christian friends with solid relationships with God. I don't judge the Quaker's heart for God. I just couldn't jettison the sacraments myself...just couldn't.

I went to a Friends church for about three months, and didn't have a problem with any of the other doctrines, but the sacraments. If they had the sacraments, then I probably would have joined. So, if you find yourself in one that does observe the sacraments, I'd say your in a pretty good place.

A couple of my close friends when growing up were Friends. They were great Christian friends with solid relationships with God. I don't judge the Quaker's heart for God. I just couldn't jettison the sacraments myself...just couldn't.

I went to a Friends church for about three months, and didn't have a problem with any of the other doctrines, but the sacraments. If they had the sacraments, then I probably would have joined. So, if you find yourself in one that does observe the sacraments, I'd say your in a pretty good place.
Thank you Handy! it is good to get positive feedback. I am still open to anyone else who has some feedback too.

Back