Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Timeline of Jesus' Life

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Cyberseeker

Here is a timeline from 20 BC to 30 AD. :cross Every year is shown, and please note, there is no year zero. The scale is fairly small to fit it all in so I hope it can be read. Please check out the scriptures shown, and lets discuss the likely years of Jesus' birth and death.

46years.png

What's to discuss? People way smarter than anyone here, and with access to far more documented "supposed truths & proofs" can't agree. So, we are going to fix all that on this little forum? I wish it were so.

Brother, your time scale is as accurate as any I've seen. I lean toward 4 to 3bc for the birth date but I also find no great reason for dispute on the exact date of His birth and therefore the exact date of hHis death. If we knew the exact year of the death or the birth there would, just, be more Babes in Christ making fool's predictions of the exact year, month and date of the LORD's return that we are not allowed to know. Jesus gave us the sign of the season, the Blooming of the Fig Tree (the rebirth of Israel) to mark the season. the season is now and it is our task to be prepared but still, many more than not, refuse to be ready, just like the maids waiting for the Groom in the parable.

Great subject matter, may God bless us with His wisdom.

Well, of course, the details have no impact on our faith or salvation. I have to agree with that sentiment.

However, the English remember the signing of the Magna Carta (June 15, 1215) and the French remember Bastile Day (July 14, 1790) and the Americans remember Independence (July 4, 1776) but the Christians don't think dates are particularly important? I can't agree with that.

Well, of course, the details have no impact on our faith or salvation. I have to agree with that sentiment.

However, the English remember the signing of the Magna Carta (June 15, 1215) and the French remember Bastile Day (July 14, 1790) and the Americans remember Independence (July 4, 1776) but the Christians don't think dates are particularly important? I can't agree with that.
If people had an exact date of the birth of Christ i believe the day would be more important then the fact He was born... Had God wanted us to keep and know the date we would have it... :shrug

We find that amount of time many places... hardly ever attributed to Him or His earthy ministry, by us.

Thanks for picking up on that. A careful study of dates shows 3 1/2 years between John the Baptist and Jesus' death.
It can't be. When the pregnant mother of Jesus visited, John jumped around in his mother's womb. As nearly as I can make it a three and a half year pregnancy for the human species has never been. I made Reba to be remarking on either first or the latter half of the Great Tribulation. If I'm wrong it won't be the first time but that is hat I went with.

It can't be. When the pregnant mother of Jesus visited, John jumped around in his mother's womb. As nearly as I can make it a three and a half year pregnancy for the human species has never been.

Im referring to when John baptised Jesus. It was about 3 1/2 years before Jesus' death.

Here is a timeline from 20 BC to 30 AD. :cross Every year is shown, and please note, there is no year zero. The scale is fairly small to fit it all in so I hope it can be read. Please check out the scriptures shown, and lets discuss the likely years of Jesus' birth and death.

46years.png

Thanks for the graphic. Those are the same years I've figured, but I never realized that from the construction of Herod's temple to Jesus' Resurrection was 49yrs.

Ive sometimes wondered if the 49yrs was significant since 49 is a cycle of Jubilee years, but its probably just a co-incident.

Sheesh the birth death and resurrection of Christ was from the beginning...
Rev_13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
IMO none was by chance...

Ive sometimes wondered if the 49yrs was significant since 49 is a cycle of Jubilee years, but its probably just a co-incident.

If it is significant then I don't know how yet. I can't begin to remember how many coincidental rabbit trails I've been down that led nowhere.

Purim? Are you sure you don't mean Hanukkah? (John 10:22) If so, I would agree that it was late in AD 28.

The diagram is not on a large enough scale to show his ministry years in detail, but if you are interested, I have a wordpress article here:

Last edited:
Back