Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

"Tipping Point"

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

iLOVE

Four Blood Moons on Jewish holidays 2014 -2015. Two solar eclipses on Jewish holidays.

Scripture support that this just happen:
The sun shall be turned into darkness, And the moon into blood, Before the coming of the great and awesome day of the Lord. Joel 2:31 NKJV

Lets be comforted what Jesus said; As it was in the days of Noah and Lot with evil and immorality so will it be when the Son of Man returns. In other words the Church will be "Raptured" before judgement begins.

Ummmm
The passages you cite refer to burning cities due to war and the smoke from them causing this. It's an idiom of speech like "a frog in my throat". When I say " I have a frog in my throat" no one really thinks that I actually have an amphibian I can't swallow.

Likewise this passage has nothing to do with naturally occuring celestial events.

Of course.
Facts, logic and reason aren't sufficient for most people. They believe what they wish to instead of reality.
It's the same reason no one but a few recognized Jesus during his ministry. They didn't like what he said or his status in their society.

God will suspend natural laws on earth to bring His promises to pass. I continue to rejoice looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus.

Stop letting other things in this world reaching your highest where our Lord and savior Jesus Christ should be. The same way you are thinking was in the days of Noah and Lot.

God will suspend natural laws on earth to bring His promises to pass. I continue to rejoice looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus.

Stop letting other things in this world reaching your highest where our Lord and savior Jesus Christ should be. The same way you are thinking was in the days of Noah and Lot.
Blood moons,I have seen two of them in florida,occurs in Florida during massive fires.I believe that this has occured as Jerusalem burned in ad 70.

Last edited:
The tipping point was Jesus Christ's resurrection. It is far too easy to discount the much greater evil and immorality of the first century AD when we are so concerned about what happens to us.

The tipping point was Jesus Christ's resurrection. It is far too easy to discount the much greater evil and immorality of the first century AD when we are so concerned about what happens to us.
Shoot, even the 60's had more immorality than we do today. We just didn't notice it so much because we didn't have the internet shoving it in our faces 24/7 and didn't have the massive computer power to collect and tabulate all the data that today allows statisticians to easily manipulate that data to say anything they want it to say. I doubt any of today's immorality has compared to the 1st century.

Shoot, even the 60's had more immorality than we do today. We just didn't notice it so much because we didn't have the internet shoving it in our faces 24/7 and didn't have the massive computer power to collect and tabulate all the data that today allows statisticians to easily manipulate that data to say anything they want it to say. I doubt any of today's immorality has compared to the 1st century.
True

Ummmm
The passages you cite refer to burning cities due to war and the smoke from them causing this. It's an idiom of speech like "a frog in my throat". When I say " I have a frog in my throat" no one really thinks that I actually have an amphibian I can't swallow.

Likewise this passage has nothing to do with naturally occuring celestial events.

Two points (and questions):
1) Are you saying that this idiom does not apply to celestial events on this passage alone, or to more passages that mention celestial events?
2) And even if it is an idiom, are you using the sun and moon as symbolic of something else as opposed to just what happens to them? i.e. The sun and moon represent something else OR they are actually the sun and moon but what happens to them is an idiom? In the latter case, the moon turning to blood is an idiom for an eclipse. The the moon is literally the moon, but the blood part is not literal.

While I was never a big pusher that the tetrad was the fulfillment of end time prophecy, nevertheless there is an astronomical component to timing in the bible --- I think we have adequate evidence for that, one of them is the star of Bethlehem. The "Star" prophecy was indeed symbolic of Christ as being that star, but a literal star shone as well, as prophecy oftentimes gets fulfilled multiple ways.

And no, a frog in the throat is not a literal frog, but it still involves the literal throat. That's my point with the blood moon; the moon is still the moon and not solely symbolic of something else except in pair.

Lets be comforted what Jesus said; As it was in the days of Noah and Lot with evil and immorality so will it be when the Son of Man returns

Hi. I hope it doesn't come across as pedantic, but the problems Jesus listed as to why these various people were destroyed included eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, buying and selling and planting and building (Luke 17:26-30).

Hi. I hope it doesn't come across as pedantic, but the problems Jesus listed as to why these various people were destroyed included eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, buying and selling and planting and building (Luke 17:26-30).
I understand that you can take it this way but most are see this as language indicating that it will come without warning.

I understand that you can take it this way but most are see this as language indicating that it will come without warning.

Hi JohnDB. I don't think the two positions are incompatible. I agree with the "without warning" part. It's similar to Jesus saying that he'd come like a thief, but that will only be true for people who are not paying attention. His conclusion was that we need to be faithfully watching so that we will not be surprised like a thief in the night. I believe this is the same understanding Paul had, too (1Thess 5:2-4).

What causes people to miss the warning signs is that they become wrapped up in the cares of this world. They stop caring about what God wants. This is the same lesson from the parable of the marriage supper (Luke 14:18-20). Because these things are ordinary, everyday activities they do not appear as anything bad. God wouldn't have a problem with buying and selling, planting and building, marrying and giving in marriage etc. It is this complacency based on assumption that makes these things so dangerous.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back