Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Titanic tourist submersible goes missing

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
There is a difference between billionaires willing taking stupid risks for leisure and entertainment and people paying for a service where there should be full health and safety and emergency procedures in place for customer safety.

I'm sure there will be an investigation into this situation.

I can take someone on a fishing or diving trip with me for free at there choice willingly, but if i charged them and they had to pay for the service then I would be responsible for there safety and through all regulations and requirements have proven I have done my best to ensure there safety. What emergency plans were in place, I mean there is so much to it.

Last edited:
It is too macabre for me to even imagine going to see the Titanic . The sadness of all the lives lost , not something I want consuming my thoughts .
Then don't visit battle sights where at bull run ,WW1 battlefield lost way more lives.
Normandy had more then a few thousand .

Yet go there and see not much of a reminder save the grave yards .

To touch history makes it alive.

Yeah, I get it. But this wasn't about exploration. It was billionaires paying for a private tour of Titanic.
Yup. And there are those that do skydiving, climbing rock faces like Devil's Tower, ice climbing, mountain climbing, auto racing, speed boat racing, cave diving, high speed downhill skiing, you name it. None of these things are anything more than thrill seeking.

Unfortunately this is what can happen when people put themselves in maximum extreme high risk situations. It's the same as going into space or trying conquor Everest as many do and some dont make it home. They all the same exteme high risk level.

Last edited:
I think the difference was that many of them were people pushing the limits of engineering foe their day, and thos is a case of rich people over estimating their expertise.

It's tragic. Just kind of wierd.
Not really .

The Wilbur brothers were bicycle makers.

Yet they figured out how to get and engine made in put on wings and fly.

Many died trying to make it fly faster and higher .

Then don't visit battle sights where at bull run ,WW1 battlefield lost way more lives.
Normandy had more then a few thousand .

Yet go there and see not much of a reminder save the grave yards .

To touch history makes it alive.
Sure , I would go with you to visit a graveyard or a battlefield for the history aspect and to honor those who fought and died . But I see that as very different from paying to see an accident sunk to the bottom of the ocean . There is a difference for me at least :shrug .
I have visited here .
Chickamauga Battlefield

Sure , I would go with you to visit a graveyard or a battlefield for the history aspect and to honor those who fought and died . But I see that as very different from paying to see an accident sunk to the bottom of the ocean . There is a difference for me at least :shrug .
I have visited here .
Chickamauga Battlefield
No all war dead ,In fact most buried listed as WW1 vets died from the Spanish flu.

We loose more troops to accidents then war .even overseas.patton ,killed in such manner .

Fay Taylor ,local war dead . Spanish flu casualty
Leve law ,killed by fractricide. Where he died is Jaycee beach his fellow coastie was cleaning a gun .

John Mixon ,kia aboard the u.s.s Tampa .I believe divers have visited that .

Mass graves of lumber men exist per fil.one such grave is nearby.my fil was old enough to remember the lumber yards and local forests

I have visited here .
Chickamauga Battlefield
Visiting many pioneer homes .one can find graves in their homesteads.

I see no different in that.look into the song by George thoroughgood.

That ship was found and divers have gone down to it. Mostly to see why it sunk and to explore .maybe I get this because of all the gold and cannons washing ashore and even part of a hull of a galleon

I'm watching the live broadcast right now. The coastguard has confirmed that the debris found near Titanic (200 meters from the ship's bow) is in fact that of the Titan submersible. They have also confirmed that the wreckage is consistent with a catastrophic implosion of the vessel.

Last edited:
zI2wcnh_d.webp

Yea it looks like the U.S. Navy actually has recorded sound data of an implosion right about the time the submersible lost contact with the mother ship. Hopefully then it was quick and painless for them. But yes, I imagine there will be lawsuits especially concerning the design and structural material of the vehicle.

God bless,
Ted

Was the experimental vessel approved or certified by any regulatory body?. Anything or anyone that knows anything about engineering and physics?

Was the experimental vessel approved or certified by any regulatory body?. Anything or anyone that knows anything about engineering and physics?
The carbon fibre hull itself was not certified at all. The hatch on the front that includes the window, was only certified to 1,300 meters by the manufacturer. Titanic is at 4,000 meters below the surface.

It was pure negligence fueled by greed and stupidity.

Back