Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

To make the first step, not...

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Esther1

Hello,

I have the following situation:

Some time ago I noticed that one boy from the church that I attend began to pay attention to me (by getting a hing at me). Honestly, when I noticed his attention to me I started paying attention to him too, and keep thinking about him. Of course, I begin to prey about this situation. But nevertheless, it would be interesting to me to communicate with him (to strike up a friendship with him, in order to know if he is the person I really want to be with, to know if we have some common interests and etc.). But I am not a person who make the first step in such kind of relationships (at least I did not think up how to do this :biggrin and I am not sure if I should do this). We are involved in the different ministries in the church and do not have an opportunity to have a talk….
I would prefer a boy to make some first steps…..But, at least currently, there are no steps from his side, nor from mine… :gah

Maybe some one had the same situation or something like this, please, share your experience :)

Thank you.

I would always let the guy approach you, rather than you approach him. Guys are made to pursue, girls are not, and if he's having a hard time with it he needs to learn to be more bold. :thumb

caromurp said:
I would always let the guy approach you, rather than you approach him. Guys are made to pursue, girls are not, and if he's having a hard time with it he needs to learn to be more bold. :thumb

Just because he isn't bold doesn't mean there's something wrong with him.

If you like him you go ahead and talk to him. See how it goes. :3 Good luck.

Esther, do you mind if I ask how old you are? I'm guessing you are still young, so my thoughts would be wait to see what happens.

Caroline H said:

I'd say otherwise. The guy might not be *that* interested, and you'd be missing an opportunity if you let it slide.

It's pretty arrogant of a girl to think a guy will always come to her, and she might end up alone waiting for that to happen.

Sound Silence said:
[quote="Caroline H":1udeojxc]I would always let the guy approach you, rather than you approach him. Guys are made to pursue, girls are not, and if he's having a hard time with it he needs to learn to be more bold. :thumb

I'd say otherwise. The guy might not be *that* interested, and you'd be missing an opportunity if you let it slide.

It's pretty arrogant of a girl to think a guy will always come to her, and she might end up alone waiting for that to happen.[/quote:1udeojxc]
that was done alot in the ot. Men iniated the relationship. Depends on the guy when i was single and still hurting a little i would tend to be shy. I waited for a few months after a relationship ended so that i could get over the other person the i would look. Some days i would ask others i wouldnt. I asked my wife when she worked at Dilliards, thats how we met. :heart I would talk to christian friend and then i noticed her and one day i just asked, that was almost 10 yrs ago.

Blazin Bones said:
Esther, do you mind if I ask how old you are? I'm guessing you are still young, so my thoughts would be wait to see what happens.

Blazin Bones, thank you for your reply. :) ;)

Dear all,

thank you all for your replies. There are a lot of interesting and reasonable points of view. I will think over them. :chin

Back