Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

To spank or not to spank please vote

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
of course you should spank...or else you will end up with one of those kids you see throwing a tantrum in the middle of the clothes isle.

About spanking

I don't want to spank my child. I can't look at her, and see all the love she has for me and all the love I have for her ,and inflict any kind of pain on her. My vote is NO so spanking. You have to train your child from day one to behave. YOu can't let them go 'till they are out of control and then WHACK. That's not fair to the child and I think it would teach them to settle problems with violence.

to spank is the easy way out. There are much more effective ways to disapline a child than advocating violance.
Parents may get out of hand in a rage, it's to easy to hit, and it's completely the opposite of what I teach my children...to keep their hands to themselves!
So in order not to be a hypocrite..I practice what I preach.

carrpxd said:
of course you should spank...or else you will end up with one of those kids you see throwing a tantrum in the middle of the clothes isle.

hahahaha....you must not have any kids :lol:

If that were the case though, would you dish out the spanking right there in the store?...infront of complete strangers? and humiliate the child because your angry?

....and the cycle repeats.

rkc said:
carrpxd said:

If that were the case though, would you dish out the spanking right there in the store?...infront of complete strangers? and humiliate the child because your angry?

I give my kids 3 warnings. If they don't straighten up by then, I don't hesitate to swat them good on the upper part of their leg in public.

rkc said:
carrpxd said:

Yeah right...I have four kids from 15 years old down to 5, and they are all well behaved, caring, compassionate wonderful children that have a sin nature and have at times needed an attention getter.

Yep, if the child didn't listen and was mis-behaving I certainly would give them a swat in the store. Not neccessarily because I am angry (which I may be because of their dis-obedience and lack of respect for others around them) but because they are not doing what is right. We discipline those we love. I would try and get away from people if possible however. Why should a child dictate a circumstance just because I don't want them to be embarrassed. Aren't the parents supposed to be disciplining, guiding and correcting their children, even in ackward situations.

Keep in mind though that I too don't advocate just hauling off and whacking a kid, or using spanking as the primary and only tool for correction. It is a LAST resort and only for WILLFUL defiance of what a child knows to be correct.

If all goes well, which it has in our family, our children have rarely been spanked. But when they were they knew they were being disobedient. As a result the spankings have been few and far between, and not needed past probably six years old.

And, as a bonus non of our kids have beat up their friends or strangers!!!

Back