Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Today is 2 years clean/sober

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

jeff77

Hello everyone. I just wanted to share a praise. Today is my 2 years of being set free from drugs/alcohol addiction. Although it feels like I have accomplished something, I really haven't. I give the Lord all of the credit. Also pray for me as I am trying to start an addiction ministry. God bless.

Hello everyone. I just wanted to share a praise. Today is my 2 years of being set free from drugs/alcohol addiction. Although it feels like I have accomplished something, I really haven't. I give the Lord all of the credit. Also pray for me as I am trying to start an addiction ministry. God bless.

Not wanting to sound blasphemous or so, but you should give yourself at least some credit. Many people are addicted and pray for deliverance every day but never manage to kick that habit. Or relapse after a short time. So you must have done something right.
The ministry is a great idea, it's very needed.

Not wanting to sound blasphemous or so, but you should give yourself at least some credit. Many people are addicted and pray for deliverance every day but never manage to kick that habit. Or relapse after a short time. So you must have done something right.
The ministry is a great idea, it's very needed.

I agree with Claudya on this.
Like she said, you did something right.

happy-birthday.jpg

Absolutely elating news, jeff77 !

You pray and you listen ... you pay heed and follow the path our Lord has set before you. Bless you for being a faithful son to our Lord!

Prayers for your continued blessings and for your ministry. There are so many who are hurting in this world. Your testimony will be a blessing for so many! Amen!

Praise the Lord Brother! Feel good. The Lord gave you strength, praise His Holy name, and you made the decision to overcome, good job.

Awesome result Jeff and your decision to minister to others suffering from their addictions is proof of His good work in you. I pray that God continues to lift you up and uses you to save others.
Blessings in His Holy name brother.

Wow! Thank you for all of your responses. I'm kind of on break at work right now but I would like to talk about my testimony and plans for a ministry later.

There is scripture concerning David and his son Absalom. Ahimaaz and Cushi were runners, or in that day those that carried messages.
2Sa 18:29 And the king said, Is the young man Absalom safe? And Ahimaaz answered, When Joab sent the king's servant, and me thy servant, I saw a great tumult, but I knew not what it was.
2Sa 18:32 And the king said unto Cushi, Is the young man Absalom safe? And Cushi answered, The enemies of my lord the king, and all that rise against thee to do thee hurt, be as that young man is. Cushi had the message the king needed to hear.

Ahimaaz being anxious to be the king’s runner was faster and ran ahead of Cushi in reaching David with the message but didn’t know it all.

You have experienced a great delivery given you by God. Learn all you can about the subject because you will undoubtedly run into the need of all the word of God to go with your experience to have a successful ministry. May God bless you in your desire to help others.

Blessings in Christ Jesus.

That is a great work of self control in you Jeff. Of course you give Jesus the credit for His power in you to be delivered from those addictions, but without your determination and self control, it never would have happened. Now a warning; I have seen others like you who want to go on and teach others how to conquer this. As they constantly teach, they re-live the feelings of drug/alcohol addiction, the old feelings return and some of them go back to their old ways. Don't let that happen to you, beloved of God. Self control, keep that strong.

That is a great work of self control in you Jeff. Of course you give Jesus the credit for His power in you to be delivered from those addictions, but without your determination and self control, it never would have happened. Now a warning; I have seen others like you who want to go on and teach others how to conquer this. As they constantly teach, they re-live the feelings of drug/alcohol addiction, the old feelings return and some of them go back to their old ways. Don't let that happen to you, beloved of God. Self control, keep that strong.

I know what yall are saying about self control and giving myself at least some credit. It's what I have been thinking about a lot lately because it's important for me to have a correct understanding of this for when I minister to others. For 17 years I was taught that addiction was a disease and that seemed to make sense to me at the time because I became a Christian before I became an addict and there were times when I was trying to quit and I thought I was doing everything the Lord was asking me to do and I still wanted to drink and use. After about 6 months after I got sober for the last time I noticed the desire to use to started to slowly diminish. After a few more months it was completely gone. At this time I was thinking that if addiction was a disease then God must have healed me from it. Currently I don't think addiction is a disease anymore. I think it is a sin and always thought that but there seems to be something more to it or else there wouldn't be the need for treatment centers and everything that goes along with that. I think it's possible that after someone uses a chemical long enough then there is a consequence of becoming dependent and there may be some changes in the brain that make it harder to quit. Maybe there is some science behind that, that explains why some people call it a disease. Any thoughts or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

One last thought. I don't feel that I even need self control over addiction anymore because it is no longer there. Not to say that I would dare take a social drink or do one more drug just for the heck of it.

I know what yall are saying about self control and giving myself at least some credit. It's what I have been thinking about a lot lately because it's important for me to have a correct understanding of this for when I minister to others. For 17 years I was taught that addiction was a disease and that seemed to make sense to me at the time because I became a Christian before I became an addict and there were times when I was trying to quit and I thought I was doing everything the Lord was asking me to do and I still wanted to drink and use. After about 6 months after I got sober for the last time I noticed the desire to use to started to slowly diminish. After a few more months it was completely gone. At this time I was thinking that if addiction was a disease then God must have healed me from it. Currently I don't think addiction is a disease anymore. I think it is a sin and always thought that but there seems to be something more to it or else there wouldn't be the need for treatment centers and everything that goes along with that. I think it's possible that after someone uses a chemical long enough then there is a consequence of becoming dependent and there may be some changes in the brain that make it harder to quit. Maybe there is some science behind that, that explains why some people call it a disease. Any thoughts or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

One last thought. I don't feel that I even need self control over addiction anymore because it is no longer there. Not to say that I would dare take a social drink or do one more drug just for the heck of it.

Very good Jeff. I for one am proud of you! It sounds like you have had a complete deliverance from those addictions. Jesus is soooo good to come into your life and with your self control and His power drugs and alcohol are a thing of the past!

I agree with your conclusion that drugs & Alcohol addiction is not a disease....God bless you Jeff, and God be with you.

I think this is more of a case of dumbo & the magic feather.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back