Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Today's Middle East

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
It doesn't say spirit in my Strongs Concordance

Good catch and you are correct. KJV adds spirit but for good reason, I don't always agree with KJV when looking at the literal Gk but in this time it is clearly correct. Young's Literal Greek Translation says this.....

1 John 4:3
and every spirit that doth not confess Jesus Christ in the flesh having come, of God it is not; and this is that of the antichrist, which ye heard that it doth come, and now in the world it is already.

So it is saying that every spirit (man, satan, angel, etc) that does not confess Jesus in the flesh is that spirit of antichrist.

antichrist, means "against Christ". Simply that. No where is it used as a personal pronoun that I can find. So we have to look to other scripture that does not use the term to try to find this person, if it is relating to one person.

Can you think of anyone in today's world that even vaguely resembles the creature described here?

It was granted to him to make war with the saints and to overcome them. And authority was given him over every tribe, tongue, and nation. All who dwell on the earth will worship him, whose names have not been written in the Book of Life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world." Revelation 13:1-8

As in drunk with the blood of the saints.. or maybe this.. someone that claims to have all the authority of God.. claims to be Christ on earth.... has his own mediator one that is separate from our Jesus..

Take your time.. the Antichrist doesn't stick out like a sore thumb unless you know his identity..

tob

As in drunk with the blood of the saints.. or maybe this.. someone that claims to have all the authority of God.. claims to be Christ on earth.... has his own mediator one that is separate from our Jesus..

If you are thinking what I think you may be thinking, can't go there....

I don't believe that is the rcc, the jewish national leadership that crucified our Lord fits that description. that chapter mentions vengeance for the apostles and prophets? whom slew the apostles for the most part? the jews!

And that's as far as I'm going Deborah13.. I've been watching this develop over a 40 year stretch in time. If others don't/can't see it then a blindness has shielded their eyes.. or..

II Thessalonians 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

tob

One more thing before i forget.. Jesus said the deception would be very powerful this powerful.. :yes

Matthew 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

tob

he is talking about the false prophet. I would have read up on what that is again and if its fulfilled. gentry and or gill might be good place to start.like you I am still learning on eschatology.

John penned both The 'little' Books of John and The Revelation.. I mention this because so many folks in one way or another put an antichrist in The Revelation when neither the Holy Spirit or the man who penned it did...

1Jn_2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
1Jn_2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
1Jn_4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
2Jn_1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

This seems to be a bit late ...I have been gone...... We traveled 525 miles north to see Mom had a wonderful weekend :)

This seems to be a bit late ...I have been gone...... We traveled 525 miles north to see Mom had a wonderful weekend

Glad you are back, and especially that you had a wonderful time with your Mom over Mother's Day.

I'm wondering what kind of signs and wonders could be spoken of in Matt 24:24. I'll keep reading but I image maybe the same types of things that had been done in the past by sorcerers.

and shall shew great signs and wonders;

so this part of this scripture I find to be confusing. I can't seem to identify any signs and wonders done by any type of anything/anyone, that could fit the rest of the description.

the jewish national leadership that crucified our Lord fits that description

what signs and wonders, do you have any idea what this could mean?

Deborah13:

I think it needs to be borne in mind that the context of Matthew 24 definitely seems to be after the Rapture, and that in the Great Tribulation period the propensity for signs and wonders is likely to increase.

Blessings.

I'm wondering what kind of signs and wonders could be spoken of in Matt 24:24. I'll keep reading but I image maybe the same types of things that had been done in the past by sorcerers.

Maybe this is an answer... I dont think TV preachers jerks are anything new... the TV part may be but not the creeps...:) History tell us a number of guys claimed to be the Christ. The end of the Temple way of life was a nightmare to so very many...

Old Matthew Henry speaks on this as do many others...

and shall shew great signs and wonders;

so this part of this scripture I find to be confusing. I can't seem to identify any signs and wonders done by any type of anything/anyone, that could fit the rest of the description.

the jewish national leadership that crucified our Lord fits that description

what signs and wonders, do you have any idea what this could mean?

Deborah13:

I think it needs to be borne in mind that the context of Matthew 24 definitely seems to be after the Rapture, and that in the Great Tribulation period the propensity for signs and wonders is likely to increase. Blessings.

I still have lots to get straight but it's not as if any of the end times is a salvation matter no matter how one interprets the prophecies. It is an interesting study.
Thanks for your thoughts. So we will all continue to watch together. Blessings to you.

adam Clarke and Henry these two didn't make books about the "end times" the later was called to preach and church didn't let him so he wrote a study bible so that all that could learn would be able to learn about Jesus.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back