Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Top Ten List of the Week - World's Deadliest Animals

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Still no #1 and #2 I see...this has to be one of the most challenging yet, Mike. That Theo, he can pick 'em.

How about the Cape Buffalo.

Still no #1 and #2 I see...this has to be one of the most challenging yet, Mike. That Theo, he can pick 'em.

How about the Cape Buffalo.

And I don't think I've ever even heard of a "Cape" Buffalo until I saw this list! I would have accepted "Buffalo", but you came strong to the hoop with "Cape ---"! Are you kidding me?? :o :lol

Ahhhh, my husband loves all things African, my son is an African native son, my niece has been to Africa...the "Big Five" are considered the most dangerous animals in Africa and the most desirable by big game hunters (but don't get me started on that!) The "Big Five" are the African Elephant, Lion, Rhinoceros, Cape Buffalo and Leopard! We have a painted ostrich egg depicting the "Big Five"...a gift to us from my niece.

Ahhhh, my husband loves all things African, my son is an African native son, my niece has been to Africa...the "Big Five" are considered the most dangerous animals in Africa and the most desirable by big game hunters (but don't get me started on that!) The "Big Five" are the African Elephant, Lion, Rhinoceros, Cape Buffalo and Leopard! We have a painted ostrich egg depicting the "Big Five"...a gift to us from my niece.

handy:

Does your son like African art, animals and stuff, too?

I wonder what the difference is between an African crocodile and a North American alligator?

handy:

Does your son like African art, animals and stuff, too?

I wonder what the difference is between an African crocodile and a North American alligator?

Funny, my husband and daughter love African art and stuff...my son, not really. Sure, he's black so his ancestors hailed from Africa, but he was born in Portland, OR. He likes video games, Tom and Jerry, loves to draw and has decorated his room with Spiderman and basketball posters. He's still only 11. There might be a time when he wants to get more in tune with his ancestry and if so, because of his dad, sister and cousin, he'll have lots of examples of African art and stuff to examine.

As to the Top Ten, I'm still thinking that the #1 will be a snake of some sort. Snakes do get a bad rap, but nonetheless, the contact between snakes and humans is pretty common and snake venom can be very deadly. I have all these books on snakes and such, but I promise I won't look.

My husband is an amateur herpetologist (which is why we have an 8' Boa Constrictor)...maybe when he calls on his lunch hour, I'll ask him which is the deadliest snake in the world. That shouldn't break any rules.

Funny, my husband and daughter love African art and stuff...my son, not really. Sure, he's black so his ancestors hailed from Africa, but he was born in Portland, OR. He likes video games, Tom and Jerry, loves to draw and has decorated his room with Spiderman and basketball posters. He's still only 11. There might be a time when he wants to get more in tune with his ancestry and if so, because of his dad, sister and cousin, he'll have lots of examples of African art and stuff to examine.

As to the Top Ten, I'm still thinking that the #1 will be a snake of some sort. Snakes do get a bad rap, but nonetheless, the contact between snakes and humans is pretty common and snake venom can be very deadly. I have all these books on snakes and such, but I promise I won't look.

My husband is an amateur herpetologist (which is why we have an 8' Boa Constrictor)...maybe when he calls on his lunch hour, I'll ask him which is the deadliest snake in the world. That shouldn't break any rules.

handy:

Wow, you guys got a snake?

Sounds like you guys are brave to have a snake for a pet...

There also seems to be an increased interest in African jewelry, but I'm not sure about the gender division/proportion re. African jewelry wearers.

I cheated and looked it up on google........I don't think anyone will get the last one without a little help. :biggrin

I cheated and looked it up on google........I don't think anyone will get the last one without a little help. :biggrin

:lol Good of you to admit it, Nacho! :salute

I was thinking the same kinda thing. I'll keep it vague enough, even though (once again) not many people are involved.

Hint:

This is not a "beast" that might immediately come to mind. It's one of those things you'd read about in a National Geographic and think, "Wow! That's interesting!" And I'll be most people have read about this one, or seen it on TV.

I have to admit, the temptation to cheat is strong...but, I don't think asking Steve which is the deadliest snake in the world would be cheating. Probably won't do me any good anyway....

I would have thought some kind of bacteria, fleas, ticks, or rats would have topped the list, but they've all been guessed and are not it.

Farouk, as to bravery with the snake, not really. He's actually the least maintenance animal we have...every couple of weeks we throw in some rats for him, make sure his water bowl is filled and my hubby cleans out his aquarium once a month. He's a very pretty snake, a Red Tailed Boa and is very docile.

I have to admit, the temptation to cheat is strong...but, I don't think asking Steve which is the deadliest snake in the world would be cheating. Probably won't do me any good anyway....

I would have thought some kind of bacteria, fleas, ticks, or rats would have topped the list, but they've all been guessed and are not it.

Farouk, as to bravery with the snake, not really. He's actually the least maintenance animal we have...every couple of weeks we throw in some rats for him, make sure his water bowl is filled and my hubby cleans out his aquarium once a month. He's a very pretty snake, a Red Tailed Boa and is very docile.

handy:

Wow, so you guys even have a continuing supply of rats for the snake...

So what happens when the snake eventually dies? snakeskin stuff is quite fashionable, too, as well as African jewelry.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back