Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Toys of old

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I’ll try to mention the toys I remembered seeing growing up. I hated those yo yo's. Cause I never could figure out how to use one. Has anyone ever had a string puppet? I remember getting one with a Mexican hat mustache guy puppet on a summer vacation. Hula Hoop… I didn't know how to do that either. But I used to like to take one and roll it on the ground. I used to snap my wrist to make the hoop roll backward to me. I had those plastic guns arrow dart suction dart board. These were fun as a kid. We had simple water guns back then that would squirt. Not todays heavy blast. I loved water balloons. I once threw them at a dog that barked at me every time I walked by. Here are more not to clutter this one list.

Remember those green army men? I used to set them up and they would get shot one at a time. GI Joe I remember the commercial but was not my interest. Remember the game Hungry Hippo? My friend had one. Even as a kid it was a stupid game.

Any one had Mousetrap? That was a kids game. I did not know how to set it up. Rubiks Cube if you lived in the 80s you had to see one. I took mine apart with a screwdriver to put it back together by hand. .

I also had Rubik Snake. Rubik snake makes some picture designs by twisting each block 2 favorite shapes the Ball and the cross. Rubik Pyramid not my interest. Rubiks Cartoon he had a funny voice. I used to imitate his voice.

I never had light bright but wanted to have one some day. Remember Operation? The red nose would flash if you hit the metal. Anyone had Klicety Klack knocker balls? We had a pair of purple ones at home. Remember Simon Says I never had one. Did anyone ever collect Garbage Pail kids Cards? I got started collect in too late in the series. I missed one and 2 which were some of the better cards. Today I would give them away. There was a car called “The animal” it had wheels that had claws to help the vehicle climb up surfaces.

Do you remember those plastic car race tracks? My brother Kenny had one. So cool at night with its head lights while he played Rock music. These neat cars in the dark going around the track. . Anyone remember Evel Knievel motor cyclist? I had a Knievel motorcycle where you take the cord to pull it to make the cycle go forward and jump.

Yeha Jason I had a few random Match box cars. My nephew collected tons of them. Remember those metal bomb caps. You were supposed to drop it on the ground where the little cap of powder made noise. You know what? I used a hammer instead. Tell you its much louder and more fun to use the old toolbox method. Besides those metal bombs broke. Guess I threw them too high. Our friends use to have white powder caps to throw them as at the glass to scare someone. . We used to do this when our friends was playing a video game. Throw this explosive powder in front of the game. Yeah for a kid it was a laugh.

I had a couple of He man figures. Ram man was cool. Try to make him spin on his head. . I was amazed how long Ram man could spin. I had a couple of WWF Wrestling figures. I believe for sure I had Andre the Giant, Big John Studd and Hulk Hogan. They were the biggest wrestlers at that time. John Studd was 7 feet tall. He benched 700 pounds. John Studd died also Andre the Giant at 7 foot 4 inches once over 500 pounds. Hulk talked about pulling his shoulder when he slammed him in Wrestlemania. Hulk about six foot five inches I think.

Do you remember those cartoon projectors on the wall? Puts the slides in and look on the wall each scene. I really like those. Plus that look inside projectors turn the handle with the cartoon movie along there was the red ones that had circles cartridges 12 or so scenes in each one.

The slinky was lame. How long can one have interest in this toy doing the same exact thing over and over. Do you remember Big Wheels? I had a green one with an alarm. I rode this till my plastic wheels literally fell apart. Ever had go Bots? Go bots were better than the transformers in my opinion. Go Bots were more down to Earth those who can relate on a kids level. My friend had a collection of them.

Remember Pong on TV? The first home video game. That was in black and white. Then it was on to Atari. Try getting this Atari for your kids for Christmas. Tell them this is the new Sony Atari version. Tell them yeah stick figures are in style now. Oh Centipede and Missile command. Oh yeah that’s a new game. Will your kids love you anymore? These are among the things I remember seeing as kid. If you try to tell me a toy before the 70s I might never had heard of many of those. Because after all I am a 70s Fan of Disco Duck its time to dance. :dancing:woot2

pong? missile command

fire the missile!

this was said at the launch commands of both the us and Russians. the Russian-English accent was awesome. the americans said something else with it.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back