Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Translation By Faith

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Edward

2024 Supporter
What can you tell me about Translation by Faith?

And what's the difference between Translation and transrelocation?

Maybe the letter was symbolic? Lol! Seriously,

The letter may have been started by Elijah and entrusted to Elisha to finish or entirely written by Elisha, who was alive and on earth during the full reign of King Jehoram of Judah. As we read in 2 Kings 2:15, it is said of Elisha that the spirit of Elijah rested on him. So Elisha, writing in the spirit of Elijah, was aware of the murderous treachery of Jehoram of Judah and also his swift decline into idolatry, and the letter was attributed to Elijah. Interestingly, we are also told in Scripture that another person came “in the spirit of Elijah”: John the Baptist (Luke 1:17). And even though John the Baptist denied that he was Elijah (John 1:21), Jesus told his disciples that John, because he came in the same spirit, was Elijah (Matthew 7:12–13). Likewise, Elisha could have been described as Elijah since he had the same spirit (jealous for the Word and worship of God and bold in his denunciation of false worship). Isn't Elisha the one who asked for a double portion of the spirit of Elijah? This is entirely possible.
What was the spirit of Elijah, John the Baptist or any of us other than it being the very Spirit of God.

That Angel who came to my garage sale wound up giving me $2400 dollars. $100 more than I needed so it worked out to what I needed even what I hadn't thought of yet, lol...I was $2000 behind in rent, and I had a $300 utility bill shutoff notice...and I kne wimmediately, a $100 for groceries, lol! God thinks of everything!
There's nothing to hard for God to do for us in our time of need. He will always see that our needs are met, but never gives on a silver platter, but makes a way where there seems to be no way. I can testify of many times that God has made a way for me and also my husband.

Heb 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment

What else does scripture say? Aren't we in Christ, dead to the flesh and born again?! Paul had a lot to say about that.

So I presume Enoch's heart was 100% for God and being alive in God he was dead to the flesh and still is. But he has never seen death. That was a Love bestowed upon him by his creator which lifted him above the mortal life.

Riddle me this. Since Jesus is the only one who was born of woman and lived a perfect life...because man is not capable of it...
So who's number #2 overall that was born by woman?
Who in his mortal imperfections came closer to living a life like Jesus did than any other?
Perhaps King David, a man after God's own heart?
Enoch? Walked with God and was not because God was pleased and took him?
Elijah? Not a lot of people have got to go to Heaven in a Charot of Fire!
(But all those guys made a lot of mistakes!)
But their better men than I am so far. Cuz I've never rode in a Chariot before, lol.

But supposing that Enoch is #1 human ever created that lived the most rightiously even with failings (notwithstanding Jesus!)...would God want to take such a man to be with Him?!?!

You know He would! For God so loved the world...

What else does scripture say? Aren't we in Christ, dead to the flesh and born again?! Paul had a lot to say about that.

So I presume Enoch's heart was 100% for God and being alive in God he was dead to the flesh and still is. But he has never seen death. That was a Love bestowed upon him by his creator which lifted him above the mortal life.

Riddle me this. Since Jesus is the only one who was born of woman and lived a perfect life...because man is not capable of it...
Who in his mortal imperfections came closer to living a life like Jesus did than any other?
Perhaps King David, a man after God's own heart?
Enoch? Walked with God and was not because God was pleased and took him?
(But all those guys made a lot of mistakes!)
But their better men than I am so far. Cuz I've never rode in a Chariot before, lol.

But supposing that Enoch is #1 human ever created that lived the most rightiously even with failings (notwithstanding Jesus!)...would God want to take such a man to be with Him?!?!

You know He would! For God so loved the world...
Here is the answer to your riddle as even Enoch was not perfect as no man is perfect as we all have our faults.

Noah was a drunk

Abraham was too old

Isaac was a daydreamer

Jacob was a liar

Leah was ugly

Joseph was abused

Moses had a stuttering problem

Gideon was afraid

Samson had long hair and was a womanizer

Rahab was a prostitute

Jeremiah and Timothy were too young

David had an affair and was a murderer

Elijah was suicidal

Isaiah preached naked

Jonah ran from God

Naomi was a widow

Job went bankrupt

Peter denied Christ

The Disciples fell asleep while praying

Martha worried about everything

Mary Magdalene was, well you know

The Samaritan woman was divorced, more than once

Zaccheus was too small

Paul was too religious (and as Saul was a murderer?)

Timothy had an ulcer...........

AND

Lazarus was dead!

Chariot of fire is used at times figuratively for host (angels) like in 2 Kings 2:11, 12: 6:17; Psalms 68:17; 104:1-4. Elijah, by his prayers and his counsel was the "chariot of Israel and the horseman thereof", meaning Elijah was the stronghold of Israel, the driving force of God. Just like God was the stronghold over Elijah being that driving force.

Oh, so Elijah has been back, but they didn't recognize him!

Is anything too hard for God?
What?? I asked what was the Spirit of Elijah other than that of being the very Spirit of God. We have a spirit, but the driving force of our spirit is the Holy Spirit/Spirit of God.

This I agree with
I agree that Enoch's heart was 100% for God and being dead to the flesh, but we disagree on what it means he never saw death.

Oh, I'm willing all right! But what about
Like Paul, to be with the Lord.
That isn't going to happen till we are raised from the dead to meet Him in the air.
Mark 12:26-27
26 “But now, as to whether the dead will be raised—haven’t you ever read about this in the writings of Moses, in the story of the burning bush? Long after Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob had died, God said to Moses,[e] ‘I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.’[f] 27 So he is the God of the living, not the dead.”
If God is the God of the living, then Believers that have passed on in the flesh are not dead or go to their graves. They have a God. A God of the living so the don't go to the grave, only our flesh body does. It is the Believers made Saints which make up the body of the cloud of witnesses. When you die, you go to God, your life, your spirit. You. Conscious.

You know how you have someone say, Grandma's in Heaven looking down on us, or similar? It's true. The don't interact with us. They are Witnesses. A cloud of witnesses! A lot of them. Like, all Believers which have died in Christ on earth sinc the creation. All of them.

What? There is no sin in heaven. And how would I know the fruits that anyone has in Heaven? I have not been to Heaven since being born on the earth yet. So I can't answer that.

Broken down, it's kind of simple. Unbelievers who die are sent to hell in the bowels of the earth and Believers that died in Christ go immediately to be with the Lord.

Hell is a temporary holding place until the great white throne judgement when they get resurected unto condemnation then get thrown into the lake of fire.

There's two resurrectons. The resurrection of the saved, and the resurrection of the damned. When Jesus returns to the earth at His 2nd coming, He brings the Saints with Him! Which are the dead in Christ. At that time, they get reunited with their flesh body (and maybe soul?) for final bema seat judgement & rewards and then whatever glorification or extra transformation. Maybe that's when we receive our permanent Spiritual body?

I can not stress enough...All of the dead in Christ are in Heaven and alive as we chat. Watching us, perhaps laughing sometimes or even praying for us or their family or whoever. (Maybe that's how they earn extra fruit while in Heaven?!)

They might have to testify in either court proceedings, so they are paying attention and also trying to help. The great white thron judgement and the bema seat judgements are, real court proceedings in the Courts of Heaven. Not many people have heard about the courts of heaven. That is a wonderful study! And I have a heard a couple testimonies from youtube Pastors about they went to the courts of heaven and were allowed to watch or even participate.

But why should that suprise anyone or seem odd?! That's all scripture talks about! Thrones, Judgements, Commandments, Honor, Belief, Honesty and a host of relevant examples of court typr proceedings.

Satan and evil spirits have to petition God to sift His children (Remember Job?!) They have to ask. The enemy does not have a blank check to attack us. But people can unwittingly invite them in also so we must be wise as serpants and as harmelss as doves....Just like one is expected to act in court, Lol!

Here is the answer to your riddle as even Enoch was not perfect as no man is perfect as we all have our faults.

Noah was a drunk

Abraham was too old

Isaac was a daydreamer

Jacob was a liar

Leah was ugly

Joseph was abused

Moses had a stuttering problem

Gideon was afraid

Samson had long hair and was a womanizer

Rahab was a prostitute

Jeremiah and Timothy were too young

David had an affair and was a murderer

Elijah was suicidal

Isaiah preached naked

Jonah ran from God

Naomi was a widow

Job went bankrupt

Peter denied Christ

The Disciples fell asleep while praying

Martha worried about everything

Mary Magdalene was, well you know

The Samaritan woman was divorced, more than once

Zaccheus was too small

Paul was too religious (and as Saul was a murderer?)

Timothy had an ulcer...........

AND

Lazarus was dead!

But you didn't really answer the riddle.

I know everyone messes up. But despite man's shortcomings, who would get your vote as, the most pleasing to God of mankind?

Chariot of fire is used at times figuratively for host (angels) like in 2 Kings 2:11, 12: 6:17; Psalms 68:17; 104:1-4. Elijah, by his prayers and his counsel was the "chariot of Israel and the horseman thereof", meaning Elijah was the stronghold of Israel, the driving force of God. Just like God was the stronghold over Elijah being that driving force.

But it wasn't used figuratively for Elijah. Didn't his sidekick see the Chariot of Fire?

What?? I asked what was the Spirit of Elijah other than that of being the very Spirit of God. We have a spirit, but the driving force of our spirit is the Holy Spirit/Spirit of God.

You have spoken truth here. But so did I. All I did was to reference what Jesus said about the spirit of Elijah. That they didn't recognize him in John the Baptist.

So if Jesus said it...then Elijah did come back, right or wrong?

Like Paul, to be with the Lord.
That isn't going to happen till we are raised from the dead to meet Him in the air.

We can't seperate the natural and the spiritual in our understanding.
Are you a spirit being which lives inside of a body, or is your body you?
Everybody knows, when a man dies, his spirit returns to God.(this is the real you).
At the 2nd coming our carnal self will be resurrected and reunited with our spirit.
How can God bring the Believers with HIm if they are in the grave?

Here it is. Peruse this and clear that up for me Brother.

1 Thessalonians 4:13-14

The Hope of the Resurrection​

13 And now, dear brothers and sisters, we want you to know what will happen to the believers who have died[f] so you will not grieve like people who have no hope. 14 For since we believe that Jesus died and was raised to life again, we also believe that when Jesus returns, God will bring back with him the believers who have died. ../NLT

God will bring back with Him the believers who have died. That is truth right there. That's no metaphor or anything like that. Speaks plainly. What it mean to you?

You have spoken truth here. But so did I. All I did was to reference what Jesus said about the spirit of Elijah. That they didn't recognize him in John the Baptist.

So if Jesus said it...then Elijah did come back, right or wrong?
I don't think there is a right or wrong, but just how we can only try to understand it all. Thank you for being so gracious with me through this thread and I don't think I can bring anymore to the plate unless I find something else.

But you didn't really answer the riddle.

I know everyone messes up. But despite man's shortcomings, who would get your vote as, the most pleasing to God of mankind?
The one that comes first would be Noah, but yet all His prophets were pleasing to Him.
Imagine building an ark and being ridiculed and laughed at, Noah must have had so much patience.

The one that comes first would be Noah, but yet all His prophets were pleasing to Him.
Imagine building an ark and being ridiculed and laughed at, Noah must have had so much patience.

Hey that's a good answer. I hadn't thought of Noah yet.

It's said (I think it's in Enoch) that when Noah was born, he was glowing and came forth praising the Lord. It terrified everyone in the house so they went to consult Enoch about it. Of course Enoch just told them, calm down. That's God with the boy is all. He has a destiny.

That could be, Lol!!

Back