Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] truck

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

jasonc

yesterday I went to go to do my paper route, truck didn't want to start. so I found that source of the problem and it was a loose connection at the starter solenoid, but the starter tested so-so, it was noisy and I went ahead and replaced it. it is oem, and 190k miles it was time. then today the darn truck wants to fast idle. so I found the problem and will have to wait till I have the funds. its the idle air control motor as its was frozen. one hammer and few taps and it was unstuck.

class mechanic :thumbsup
It took three hours of trying to find the cause of the fast idle.i wanted to disable the ecm's ability to fast idle the engine and run it on base idle but I noticed it wouldn't idle normally even with the iac disconnected. so I tried after the first time initially hitting the thing. I hit the solenoid itself and nothing so I looked up the part to make sure it was I thought it was. it was then I hit the valve area then it reacted. so I must buy the part and also clean the valve area inside the throttle body and also reset the code so that computer will see it.

When working maintenance the ol broom stick stethoscope worked great :)
I'm impressed at your tech savvy, but once you've located the problem, could you fix it or did you just back seat drive as you nagged your husband as he replaced the bad part? :hysterical

When working maintenance the ol broom stick stethoscope worked great :)
knock sensor test, take big hammer and hit engine block, then wait for timing change, if it does then sensor works, if not then replace sensor. scan tool will also say knock when you have it on pid data and the knock sensor has knock: yes or no

IF i had the strength to turn the bolts i could, most often fix easy stuff... I could remove and replace.. Grasping the problem is the hard part..
I had to use the floor jack to lift and hold in place the new garbage disposal to replace it John was bowling... :hips
The guys were playing cards i r&r the freeze plugs on the old truck.. that was after i have fixed them fancy snacks :angry3

I will take this part off and I will show the kids how a motor and now a solenoid works. all solenoids are the same.

IF i had the strength to turn the bolts i could, most often fix easy stuff... I could remove and replace.. Grasping the problem is the hard part..
I had to use the floor jack to lift and hold in place the new garbage disposal to replace it John was bowling... :hips
The guys were playing cards i r&r the freeze plugs on the old truck.. that was after i have fixed them fancy snacks :angry3
lol ok monica. she took apart a 5 buck fountain and made a display fountain out of it for her display in the business presentation she must do for class. I didn't think she knew the basics of electricity and electronics. she needs prayer if all goes well she may have an investor in her idea. I cant post what it is. when I do I hope to have pics.

And now you know another reason why I pay my mechanic to work on my car, jasonc ! :biggrin
I think just for diagnosis of the problem it would have been a hundred bucks then counting labor for the installation of the part and the part itself. likely to simply replace and idle control motor it would cost 300 bucks.

Doing the work yourself definitely saves money. Me? I'd have to sign up & pay for classes in order to learn how to be a mechanic. I'm really happy with my mechanic... he's a good guy, retired, quite knowledgeable.

Doing the work yourself definitely saves money. Me? I'd have to sign up & pay for classes in order to learn how to be a mechanic. I'm really happy with my mechanic... he's a good guy, retired, quite knowledgeable.
like I didn't? pray does wonders. that is how I found the problem with my truck.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back