Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

True Acts 2:38 Christians will not go through the Great Tribulation

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
From what I am reading and the question asked Jesus, one must be human from a women to qualify. How can one enter the Womb the second time and Jesus said you had to exit the womb and be born by Spirit.

Mike.

Yes sir, exactly.

Born of water is a reference to natural child birth.

However, when you are born of water you are completely immersed in the water of the mothers water sack, which in itself is a type of baptism.

So it is when you are born of the Spirit.

JLB

es sir, exactly.

Born of water is a reference to natural child birth.

However, when you are born of water you are completely immersed in the water of the mothers water sack, which in itself is a type of baptism.

So it is when you are born of the Spirit.

Never thought about it that way.

I look at the spiritual authority we have as men in the Lord (women to, I suppose :) )

That was the only way I noticed that. God gave the Earth to man. It's ours, we have a birth certificate, born of Water. Satan the thief came another way, Illegal, with no birth certificate. I know Satan does not have a place because everything he has, he had stolen from us (Because men are dumb) He is a spirit trying to operate on a world that God gave to flesh and blood, born of Water. This is why Jesus had to come, born of water to make what He did for us legal.
God still has Laws and times that can not be broken, even against Satan. This is why I saw that but I did not realize it was a form of baptism. Baptized properly as human, having the right to operate on this Earth in charge, and not the enemy.

It almost seals everyone to be free to make a choice for Jesus. Kinda deep, but maybe.

Makes really good sense now JBL.

Thank you very much.

Mike.

Will not go through.. the what?? Perhaps some here need to read Jer. 4:22-27 and ask yourself about what the earth becomes once the dead ARE ALL dead and the only ones here on earth are satan & his ones?

And after the one thousand years the wicked [dead] have their resurrection to die their SECOND DEATH. And this will finish satan as well! Rev. 20:12-14

Obad. has it said of the second death...
'... yea, they shall drink, and they shall swallow down, and [[they shall be as though they had not been]].

--Elijah

The real Acts 2:38 Christians have a promise from the Word of God.

1Thess 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
1Thess 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
1Thess 4:18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

If enduring the Great Tribulation was involved here these words would not be a comfort. .....
Bro. Winter
Good grief!
"Then we which are alive"... shows clearly something happens FIRST!
Why did you delete omit the true context of the rapture being WITH the resurrection? Verse 16
The Bible shows it very clearly, for it is right there, yet you omit to even touch on that verse
Instead you make a delete point with your Acts 28 delete as if this is what the scripture is all about.
delete The rapture you typed about is at the last day!...
Not before the first trumpet sounds, but at the last trump.
Did God beat up the Isrealites in Goshen during the plagues? delete
Did God beat up Noah and his family? See? delete
Did God beat up Lot and his family? No, only the disobedient wife.
delete
Holy Bible
There is only one.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is common among false preachers to prey upon popular ignorance to try to deceive souls into a comfortable disobedience of the Bible. The thief on the cross was dead before the New Testament Church even started. The Church started on the Day of Pentecost in Acts Chapter 2.

Bro. Winter
The church started when? Acts 2? And you are serious and not smirking? Amazing.
Both Jew and Gentile are now one. This is the mystery revealed that was there all along. God doesn't change.
Look at scripture alone and it will speak for itself and for God without any commentary by myself.
This is that Moses, which said unto the children of Israel, A prophet shall the LORD your God raise up
unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear.

This is he, that was in the "church" IN THE WILDERNESS with the angel which spake unto him in the mount Sina,
and with our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us.
Also,
The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh,
and wither it goeth: so is everyone that is born of the Spirit.
Holy Bible
There is only one.

It is common among false preachers to prey upon popular ignorance to try to deceive souls into a comfortable disobedience of the Bible. The thief on the cross was dead before the New Testament Church even started. The Church started on the Day of Pentecost in Acts Chapter 2.

Bro. Winter
The church started when? Acts 2? And you are serious and not smirking? Amazing.
Both Jew and Gentile are now one. This is the mystery revealed that was there all along. God doesn't change.
Look at scripture alone and it will speak for itself and for God without any commentary by myself.
This is that Moses, which said unto the children of Israel, A prophet shall the LORD your God raise up
unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear.

This is he, that was in the "church" IN THE WILDERNESS with the angel which spake unto him in the mount Sina,
and with our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us.
Also,
The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh,
and wither it goeth: so is everyone that is born of the Spirit.
Holy Bible
There is only one.

AMEN!

OK you believe in (3)?? I was just asking. Being in prison and giving my life to the Lord as well as others. The best we could have done is rinsed off in the show to be baptized.

I would like to share with you what I have about this subject, maybe in another thread that is about baptisms.

However this scripture in John 3:5 has nothing to do with baptism of water.
Do you agree with this statement?

JLB

John 3:5 has nothing to do with water baptism.

Lecoop

The Apostles did not baptise until after the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ and after Peter preached Acts 2:38 on the birthday of the Church. They always baptized in Jesus Name (the trinity was not invented until many years after the Apostles were gone). Becoming a Christian involves a rebirth of water and Spirit. The water is the Jesus Name water baptism and the Spirit is the Holy Ghost baptism (with the initial evidence of speaking in other tongues which is something different than the Gift of Tongues just as all have faith but not all have the Spiritual Gift of Faith.)

Bro. Winter

Sory, Brother winter, that may be what your denomination teaches, but the rest of Christendom knows it is simply not truth as found in Scripture. Read Romans 10: 9-10. or any of a dozen other scriptures: we are born again when we believe in Jesus in our heart and confess Him with our mouth. Water is not included in this formula. Did you not read Paul?

1 Corinthians 1:17
For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel, not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of no effect.

If water baptism was necessary for salvation, how strange that God would not have sent Paul to Baptize.

If one studies closely, there is a HUGE difference between the Holy Spirit UPON and the Holy spirit within. He comes within the moment someone is born again. He comes upon when someone receives the mighty baptism with the Holy Spirit. TWO different works of the Holy Spirit for TWO different purposes.

It is truth, most, if not all born again people will not be on earth for the 70th week of Daniel. Why do I say most? It is my firm belief, if someone believes in their heart that the rapture is at the END, and not the beginning, God will not override their faith, but will allow them to see the Antichrist - for that is where their faith is. God went to GREAT LENGTHS to give us the right of choice. This one decision has cost God untold millions of His creation now in hell. God does not override our wills. If someone is determined to remain behind and fight the antichrist, I believe God will allow it. Only my opinion. Lecoop

The antichrist cannot be revealed until the Spirit of God is taken out of the way.

This is the opposite of what the word teaches. The Lord ca not return until the antichrist is revealed.

1 Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, 2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come. 3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 2 Thessalonians 2:1-3

You teach false doctrine!

I believe that before the antichrist can be revealed and implement his mark, that the Gentile Church will be gone.

No such thing as The Gentile Church! You teach false doctrine!

Luke 17:26 And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.

Noah was preserved because he prepared. Noah did not leave the earth, but was protected by God because he did what God instructed him to do.

Think about what happened right after Noah left.

Noah never left.

You teach false doctrine!

Think about what happened in Sodom right after Lot left.

Lot never left the earth. He just obeyed God to leave Sodom.

Notice that heresy is right up there with witchcraft, murder and adultery.

Heresy is right up there with murder.

Please repent of spreading false doctrine.

This is really simple. Did Noah get half drowned? Did Lot get partially roasted? Do you really think that God is going to beat up His Bride right before the wedding. The Great Tribulation is the Hand of God and God has never turned His hand against His faithful. Would the time of the Rapture be a comfort to you if it meant that you were going to taste of the wrath of God?

These were preserved from judgment and never left the earth.

It is comforting to be with the Lord and doing what he says, like Noah did.

JLB

This is the opposite of what the word teaches. The Lord ca not return until the antichrist is revealed.

1 Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, 2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come. 3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 2 Thessalonians 2:1-3

The Spirit of God still has work to do on the Earth. I am still trying to teach JBL what the heck a Greek Female noun is, so all ya all are wrong..... !!!!! Ha!!!

No such thing as The Gentile Church! You teach false doctrine!

I would like to hear this one when you got time. I have heard the term but to me a Gentile church excludes the Jews because of God's people rejecting the Lord. If one Jew got saved though I always figured it would no longer be the gentile church............ I don't know.

Noah was preserved because he prepared. Noah did not leave the earth, but was protected by God because he did what God instructed him to do.

I am convinced, with no doubts that following the peace in your heart daily (Don't do things that is at odds with your inner man) and hearing God is the main key to hanging out here a long time on Earth. If you obey and serve God, your years are filled with Peace and prosperity. You do only What God says do, and before even going to the store, I take a moment to check in just in case I need to know something. I don't trust this World, and Jesus Said God's will be done on earth as it is in Heaven.................... LEAD!!!!............. LEAD!!! us not into trouble but deliver us............. Lead means I need to focus on God always to stay on the path of the just and not bump around on the path of darkness getting myself into problems.

Noah built a boat, it was crazy, but He got direction from the Lord that saved him and his family. How many dead Christians just knew something in their heart to not go out that night, just stay home. It was inside them and they ignored it!!! I can imagine ..... All of them for God is faithful to lead and deliver us out of the way of the snares. My son is alive today because I heard God, tell the doctors to take out that pick line.................I heard God and made them do it!!! It saved my boy.

Noah heard God, it saved him and his family. There is a time to grab the Ak47 and fight and there is a time to hide out, We don't decide, but God does.

Lot never left the earth. He just obeyed God to leave Sodom.

OK, where does Lot live today? um??? He left the earth!!!!

I just woke up, had to get my 2 Cents in.

Mike.

Hey guys lets drop the if you don't agree with me you agree with demons / False doctrine/that's a lie.. A difference of opinion is not necessarily of demons, lie, nor a false doctrine in the sense of the claim....Please heed this warning. Edits will follow then your post may not read like you wish it would...

Different views with in the realms of Christianity are welcome how those views are presented needs to be watched.... Thanks guys

Matthew 24:29-31
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of heaven shall be shaken:
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds from one end of heaven to the other.

There's no mistranslating it or lack of understanding. It clearly and bluntly says Jesus comes after the tribulation and we go home. You can try to shoehorn other scriptures into making it sound like it's pre-trib...but the bible is pretty clear it's post trib.

There's no mistranslating it or lack of understanding. It clearly and bluntly says Jesus comes after the tribulation and we go home. You can try to shoehorn other scriptures into making it sound like it's pre-trib...but the bible is pretty clear it's post trib.

Yes and I meant just what I said.

You have to remember the pre-trib view also finds Jesus coming in the clouds before tribulation, not just coming to earth after the 6th, 7th seal and 7th trumpet. It's not as clear as you think it is. If it were clear, this would not be page 4 of this thread and hundreds of other threads concerning this subject. The pre-trib view finds two places Jesus comes. One to get his Church and one after Tribulation. The post trib view just finds one time. It should seem simple, but it's not that simple.

Mike.

It's not Pre Mid or Post Christ comes here,we are not leaving,period.....Those who have died,are those that Christ brings with Him at His return,which is the 7th trump!!!!

Once He gets here He dosn't go back...........

Last edited by a moderator:
Here we see plainly Jesus coming in "The Clouds"

Matthew 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

tob

If the rapture theory isn't a doctrine of D _ _ _ _ S what is it then, not the truth i assure you, Jesus is the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth. He said it i believe it that settles it.

The rapture of the church of God is a biblical certainty, not some theory. Its basis is 1 Thess 4, not Matthew 24.

People often debate the timing of the rapture which is fine, but to call the rapture of the church of God a theory is to dismiss the word of God in 1Thess 4 as a theory, which it is not, but once again, a biblical certainty.

The rapture of the church of God is a biblical certainty, not some theory. Its basis is 1 Thess 4, not Matthew 24.

People often debate the timing of the rapture which is fine, but to call the rapture of the church of God a theory is to dismiss the word of God in 1Thess 4 as a theory, which it is not, but once again, a biblical certainty.

I assume these are the verses you are referring to.
But we do not want you to be uninformed, brothers, about those who are asleep, that you may not grieve as others do who have no hope. For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so, through Jesus, God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep. For this we declare to you by a word from the Lord, that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord. Therefore encourage one another with these words. (I Thess. 4:13-18 ESV)
There's a section there that many people seem to overlook. Look again at the last part of verse 16 and the first part of verse 17.

And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them

While everybody is concentrating on what these verses say about those who are still alive, they seem to forget that this "rapture" follows a resurrection. The rapture cannot, therefore, happen until after the resurrection of the dead, and we are told elsewhere when that will be.

Then I saw thrones, and seated on them were those to whom the authority to judge was committed. Also I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus and for the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended. This is the first resurrection.(Rev. 20:4-5 ESV)

Here we are told clearly that the first resurrection dose not take place until after the tribulation. If another resurrection preceded a pre-tribulation rapture, then the one spoken of in Rev. 20 wouldn't be the first.

And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them
Hi TOG and welcome to CF.net. Have you considered that these verses are speaking of those dead and alive of the Church; those in Christ? I do not know how you believe yet, but to me when we first read of Jesus in Heaven in Revelation Chapter Four even prior to the tribulation we see saints with Him. It's good to have you among us in fellowship in Jesus' name. :wave

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back