Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

True Grit

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Riverwolf

I just watched the new version for the 2nd time.
I still like it and think it is better than the original with John Wayne!
Flame on people if you want, but just what is it with "the Duke?"

Have not seen this one yet but I am itching too. It looks VERY good and I love me some westerns. My fave has always been Tombstone. That is also a great one. I am going to have to go grab a copy of True Grit and put Riverwolfs opinion to the test.

Have not seen this one yet but I am itching too. It looks VERY good and I love me some westerns. My fave has always been Tombstone. That is also a great one. I am going to have to go grab a copy of True Grit and put Riverwolfs opinion to the test.

It is sometimes hard to recommend a movie on this site. But this one has zero sex, zero drugs, really not much killing or violence or profanity. A good western!

It is sometimes hard to recommend a movie on this site. But this one has zero sex, zero drugs, really not much killing or violence or profanity. A good western!

Not to mention how hard it is to recommend a western that doesn't have a truck full of violence and profanity. I am looking forward to seeing this one either way. :)

:o I was going to write something Wolf, but I'm not sure what to even write. I thought Oregon was part of the United States! :lol
Westtexas

To me John Wayne is like watching Chuck Norris. Both ok actors, but seen one of thier movies and seen them all.

Oregon actually does have a large number of real "cowboys", eastern Oregon is ranch country going way back. But I don't think Mr. Wayne ever rode here. :)

I just watched the new version for the 2nd time.
I still like it and think it is better than the original with John Wayne!

Somehow this doesn't surprise me.

Flame on people if you want, but just what is it with "the Duke?"

Not "the Duke", just "Duke". John Wayne didn't have to pretend to be anything he wasn't. He didn't have to use some fake gruff voice. He didn't have to pretend to be a tough guy. John Wayne just had to be himself.

As opposed to the effete, effeminate, sissy boys who starred in the remake.

I'm not surprised by the preference for the remake from a (de)generation that saw "Brokeback Mountain". *Snicker* *Chuckle*

To me John Wayne is like watching Chuck Norris. Both ok actors, but seen one of thier movies and seen them all.

Oregon actually does have a large number of real "cowboys", eastern Oregon is ranch country going way back. But I don't think Mr. Wayne ever rode here. :)

Please tell me you didn't just dis chuck norris!!!!!!:screwloose

As for the Duke.....I guess if you don't like him thats your choice :shocked!.....I love watching old westerns with John Wayne and Clint Eastwood.

Not "the Duke", just "Duke". John Wayne didn't have to pretend to be anything he wasn't.

Sure he did. He never fought in any real war. He never enlisted at all (too old at 34?)
He pretended to be a cowboy and a soldier.
But that's not the point, I never even said I didn't like him. He was an ok actor with some good films. I just don't understand the cult following.

Please tell me you didn't just dis chuck norris!!!!!!:screwloose

As for the Duke.....I guess if you don't like him thats your choice :shocked!.....I love watching old westerns with John Wayne and Clint Eastwood.

Again I never said that I didn't like his films, they were "OK".

Dis Chuck? You must be crazy!!!
He has whole websites about how he can kick all our butts!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back