Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

True or false

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

wonby1

No man knows the day or hour when the Messiah will come.

This is blantantly false. Can anyone tell me why? (Brain teaser)

Hint: Think Daniel.

No man knows the day or hour when the Messiah will come.

This is blantantly false. Can anyone tell me why? (Brain teaser)

Hint: Think Daniel.

it is known only that there are no more than 5-6 millennia from the seventh day to the last day of the reign of the "beast"

Revelation 17:10 "there are seven kings(i.e. seven times): five are fallen(i.e. counted from the seventh day onwards 5 millennia will pass), and one is(i.e. and the end of God's somnolence/drowse will occur in the 6th millennium), and the other is not yet come(i.e. and the time during which the "darkness" will continue to reign (before God to wake fully up) in the sixth millennium will occur at last); and when he cometh, he must continue a short space(i.e. but it will continue a very short time)."

Blessings

By saying that statement is false is tantamount to calling God a liar. Not good.

People have been using various verses from the Old and New Testaments to somehow "predict" when the end of the world will be. The fact is we DO NOT KNOW, and will never know until it is actually happening.

By saying that statement is false is tantamount to calling God a liar. Not good.

People have been using various verses from the Old and New Testaments to somehow "predict" when the end of the world will be. The fact is we DO NOT KNOW, and will never know until it is actually happening.
Absolutely right! How many times have I lived through all the hype leading up to some well publicized end of the world scenario on a certain date? Yet we're still here.

I agree too that a person needs to be careful (especially one who states he is a Christian) when he calls Jesus a liar! "But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only." (Jesus, Matt 24:36)

Daniel predicted the first advent. not the second.

Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner!!

Daniel 9:24-27 is a calender for the coming of Jesus and was spot on!!

The Jews even calculated it to the time that Jesus came, but because they rejected him as Messiah, they reasoned that God changed his mind because of the sinfulness of Israel......at least that is what they reasoned in the Talmud.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back