Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Truly I Tell You

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
It's quit plain that Messiah was talking about the destruction of Jerusalem, the temple and the end of the Jewish age in the 1st century. His promised to come back for all those faithful ones. He kept that promise to them. Putting a dual fulfillment or seeing those prophecies as a type or shadow of things to come are a delusion because Messiah told his 1st century followers they would see the great tribulation and it would NEVER be repeated again. I dont know about you all but i believe what Messiah say above all men. How about you

It's quit plain that Messiah was talking about the destruction of Jerusalem, the temple and the end of the Jewish age in the 1st century. His promised to come back for all those faithful ones. He kept that promise to them. Putting a dual fulfillment or seeing those prophecies as a type or shadow of things to come are a delusion because Messiah told his 1st century followers they would see the great tribulation and it would NEVER be repeated again. I dont know about you all but i believe what Messiah say above all men. How about you
so you are full preterist?

No i dont follow any teachings except what Messiah says to who and when. All those terms are fleshly terms to try and define someone i belong to Christ only

No i dont follow any teachings except what Messiah says to who and when. All those terms are fleshly terms to try and define someone i belong to Christ only
the reason I asked Is so that I know where you stand. full preterism believes theres no second coming for the gentiles or the whole earth, is this your position?

I dont care about preterist or any other kind of theology. Im set free form the teachings of man . I just pointed out what Messiah said to who and . We can all choose to listen to him or listen ot the teachings of others

I dont care about preterist or any other kind of theology. Im set free form the teachings of man . I just pointed out what Messiah said to who and . We can all choose to listen to him or listen ot the teachings of others
ok, that is a dodge, I asked you this, will there be a resurrection of the just and unjust. or has that come to pass?

1) I am a partial preterist, and amil in position
2) I believe that when jesus said truly I say unto you , you standing here shall not see death, that was for those in the audience. but that doesn't negate that there is future ressurections and a bodily one at that.

The truth is within you why ask me. You have no need for anyone to teach you anything keep seeking knocking
you wanted a debate? right? you came here to post a thread here and then say this? that is akin to trolling. there are those who are heretics that post a lot that I would agree with but they also go to far. ie full preterism. is that hard to be upfront? I stated my beliefs. its also unwise to assume that YOU have the bible all figured out. none of us do. the apostles who wrote it didn't claim that.

what is the point of home church? to edify and build up and to also do what? win souls. learning from disagreements if done right is ok. I have studied the name of God a lot the more I think I know when another disagrees I learn. can this not be that way too? I came here as a futurist, and now I am not.

Is this the verse you're referring to?

Matthew 24
34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

I get you. What makes you presume i think i have the bible figured. Not at its a long journey for each of us. Im just pointing out what Messiah said to who and when thats it , no agenda. Now we can put ourselves in one box or another but as i said to you i do not enter those boxes and stay in Christ only , he is the way and truth. I told you my beliefs, Jesus Christ King of Kings is my belief

Is this the verse you're referring to?

Matthew 24
34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

all of Matthew 24

Look at Jesus own words he spoke to those standing in front of him "truly i tell you some of YOU some of you standing here will NOT die until you see the son of man coming in his Kingdom". I dont think there are 2000 year old apostles walking the earth. Also the Great tribulation was what they would go through and it was one time only never to be repeated

Hi phil marriner.
Mat 24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
Has one third of mankind been slain by an army of two hundred million to qualify as the worst tribulation since the beginning of the world?
Rev 9:15 And the four angels were loosed, which were prepared for an hour, and a day, and a month, and a year, for to slay the third part of men.
Rev 9:16 And the number of the army of the horsemen were two hundred thousand thousand: and I heard the number of them.

Mat 24:22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened. Which elect of Israel? It appears to me that the elect at that time were of the church.

You speak of the end of the Jewish age, and that seems to have ended already according to Jer 3:8. And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery I had put her away, and given her a bill of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah feared not, but went and played the harlot also.

Mat 24:44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.
Are you ready, or has this too occurred?

Can you show me the fulfillment of Daniel 9:27 as you to believe it to have been? Thanks.

I will advise all that if this threads turns into a Preterism debate I will move it to that particular portion of this forum.
:wave2

Hi phil marriner.
Mat 24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
Has one third of mankind been slain by an army of two hundred million to qualify as the worst tribulation since the beginning of the world?
Rev 9:15 And the four angels were loosed, which were prepared for an hour, and a day, and a month, and a year, for to slay the third part of men.
Rev 9:16 And the number of the army of the horsemen were two hundred thousand thousand: and I heard the number of them.

Mat 24:22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened. Which elect of Israel? It appears to me that the elect at that time were of the church.

You speak of the end of the Jewish age, and that seems to have ended already according to Jer 3:8. And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery I had put her away, and given her a bill of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah feared not, but went and played the harlot also.

Mat 24:44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.
Are you ready, or has this too occurred?

Can you show me the fulfillment of Daniel 9:27 as you to believe it to have been? Thanks.

I will advise all that if this threads turns into a Preterism debate I will move it to that particular portion of this forum.
:wave2
Symbolic hyperbole metaphors were always used by the jews to describe events. I do not follow preterism or any other theology except Jesus Christ and what he says. Listen to him he is the way and truth. If you look at revelation most of those are taken form old testament prophets who used exactly the same scripture when describing wars Israel were involved with the term end of the world etcwas used many times in the OT but the end of the world did not come. You need to get to know your Messiah not in a book but in real you are conditioned to think this way by man and your flesh. If Messiah told his 1st century apostles that some would still be alive when he returned and that they would not finish going through all the tribes of Israel before he returned then i believe him

Symbolic hyperbole metaphors were always used by the jews to describe events. I do not follow preterism or any other theology except Jesus Christ and what he says. Listen to him he is the way and truth. If you look at revelation most of those are taken form old testament prophets who used exactly the same scripture when describing wars Israel were involved with the term end of the world etcwas used many times in the OT but the end of the world did not come. You need to get to know your Messiah not in a book but in real you are conditioned to think this way by man and your flesh. If Messiah told his 1st century apostles that some would still be alive when he returned and that they would not finish going through all the tribes of Israel before he returned then i believe him
that is orthodox preterism. the word preterism simply means past as in fulfilled in latin.

The 1st century followers were fully expectant of his return he did not lie to them or mislead them
ok. in the form of the judgement of isreal not the final judgement of creation. that is clear. otherwise john whom wrote revalation in ad 66 or few years before ad 70 didn't make the verse where paul said we that are alive at his coming shall in the twinling of an eye be caught up with them in the air..

Rev 22:10 Then he told me, "Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this scroll, because the time is near.

If it was not untilover2000 years later then the prophecy would have been sealed up

If we are to follow a latter day fulfillment then where are the works great than what Messiah did which he said they would do

healing the sick, raising the dead miracles and wonders, etc etc .Only the 1st century faithful ones fulfilled that no other generation since

ok what you have said is heresy. I thought I was wrong, but my instincts were correc , that is verboten to push here.

Back