Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Turn the other cheek ?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
follower of Christ said:
Relic said:
YOU don't know what YOU are talking about Drew.

Nuff said. :thumb

When one lives in a plastic bubble its hard to take them seriously when they claim that WE shouldnt worry about the quality of air WE have to breathe....
An obviously erroneous argument.

The fact that I do not live a violent society no more disqualifies me from offering a view on how to deal with violence that the fact that I am a man disqualifies me from a having a view on the morality of abortion.

And, of course, you ignore what will be clear to the objective reader - the fact that I live in "a plastic bubble" is not something that happened by magic. Instead, the situation where I live shows that, indeed, a relatively non-violent society can indeed be created, and the view that the only option is to arm ourselves is a spectacular example of missing the point.

Drew said:
An obviously erroneous argument.
:lol
;)
The fact that I do not live a violent society no more disqualifies me from offering a view on how to deal with violence that the fact that I am a man disqualifies me from a having a view on the morality of abortion.
Sure it does.
Because we're not ignorant enough to believe that, gun in hand, you wouldnt shoot a man who was about to rip YOUR child apart, drew.
you can play this game as long as you want, d....and you aint foolin anyone here.
We KNOW what youd do in that scenario.
And youd be justified in doing it.

follower of Christ said:
From the experience, as shown in the links in my signature, I wouldnt expect those of this agenda to actually accept the facts.
At least one major detail was proven time and again and those of these pacifist agendas apparently couldnt accept the facts in the matter.
I would vigourously encourage the reader to read through the threads in FoC's signature block.

follower of Christ said:
But if I say something Im called a racist because the man is black.
Its just one way of arguing ones case, using the race card, when one has no actual argument at all.
As to the matter of my "having an argument", let me repeat my invitation to all and sundry to indeed read though the threads in your signature block and come to their own conclusions.

And as to the matter of "the race card", I defer to the reader to evaluate whether the following statement is, or is not, a constructive statement:

Relic said:
And most of the corner stores and gas stations around the area are owned and operated by Muslims who do not hesitate on second to pull a gun or a macheti [sp] on someone who walks into their store and looks like they might be a threat.

Drew said:
I would vigourously encourage the reader to read through the threads in FoC's signature block.
I wouldnt have them there unless I wanted folks to see just how badly your particular agenda had been whomped, D :yes

Drew said:
And as to the matter of "the race card", I defer to the reader to evaluate whether the following statement is, or is not, a constructive statement:

Relic said:
And most of the corner stores and gas stations around the area are owned and operated by Muslims who do not hesitate on second to pull a gun or a macheti [sp] on someone who walks into their store and looks like they might be a threat.
I dont see a single racist point there, friend, merely an observation.
How about NOT inserting YOUR thoughts into someone elses words ?
Oh, thats right...thats asking the impossible....

follower of Christ said:
And yet for some reason he has been permitted to continue doing it...and then reports us when we REACT to his inflammatory rhetoric.
This is a deeply misleading characterization.

Here is a sample of why I reported you. As the reader can see, it is you, not me, who is the real purveyor of inflammatory rhetoric:

follower of Christ said:
Theres no way Im buying that Drew, standing there gun in hand, would watch his own offspring or wife be ripped apart by some lunatic and not fire to stop him, even if it meant killing the attacker.

And frankly, any man who COULD do such a thing doesnt deserve the honor of having a wife....or a child....and deserves himself to spend eternity in the same place as the attacker does if not even worse because this was no mere stranger that he watched being torn apart, but the flesh of his very flesh and bones of his bones that he covenanted before God to love as Christ loves the church whom gave His own life for her.

The callous hardheartedness it takes for a man to be capable of killing a stranger is offense enough to deserve the pits of everlasting hell.
The evil heart that could allow such a thing to be done to ones own child playing off that GOD has expected such a thing should be deserving of far worse.
Now let's be clear: Not only have you (again) misrepresented me as adopting a position of "standing there", you have publically suggested that I deserve "far worse than the pits of everlasting hell"

And all this, because I do not happen to shary your opinion. Now let me ask you: if the above is not "inflammatory rhetoric", what is? Perhaps you can give the reader some actual evidence of my inflammatory rhetoric?

You will, of course, deflect this challenge.

Drew said:
This is a deeply misleading characterization.
Actually its dead on.
Others here have alerted me to interesting details, D...Im not the only member here that is having a problem with you, very obviously.

Now let's be clear: Not only have you (again) misrepresented me as adopting a position of "standing there", you have publically suggested that I deserve "far worse than the pits of everlasting hell"
Sorry chap...did I name any names there ?
Hardly.
You read what you wanted to read into it....not my problem.

And all this, because I do not happen to shary your opinion. Now let me ask you: if the above is not "inflammatory rhetoric", what is? Perhaps you can give the reader some actual evidence of my inflammatory rhetoric?

You will, of course, deflect this challenge.
Of course I will ignore your insistence that I browse thru 100 pages of rhetoric to find something to post for your amusement. Anyone can see in THIS thread that OTHER members have already said something to you HERE in THIS thread about your mannerism and method....so theres hardly any need for me to bother finding anything else.

Back to the topic please....Im not going to play your game of 'poke and whine' where you instigate something and then run to moderation when we've REacted to it...

follower of Christ said:
Sorry chap...where again did Jesus SAY 'you cant defend yourself or your children' ?
When you can produce that verse, give me a ring....till then youre wasting your breath and my time.

Christians should not advocate self defense by being violent. Where does Jesus say it is ok to defend yourselves with weapon?

Please dont make Jesus' commandments complicated to suit your own desires.

shad said:
Christians should not advocate self defense by being violent.
Sorry but defending ones children isnt 'violent' friend.
It would be 'violent' if a man tried to rob me and in return I knocked him unconscious and took him out into the country side somewhere where I could tear him limb from limb.
Drawing a gun to DETER this man from harming my wife is NONviolent...even if some here cant seem to grasp that fact.
Where does Jesus say it is ok to defend yourselves with weapon?
Where does He say we CANT ?
See how that works ;)

See how that works ;)

follower of Christ said:
Sorry but defending ones children isnt 'violent' friend.

Why do you make up invisible criminal to make up your own commandment? I raised 4 children and protected them without being violent.

It would be 'violent' if a man tried to rob me and in return I knocked him unconscious and took him out into the country side somewhere where I could tear him limb from limb.
Drawing a gun to DETER this man from harming my wife is NONviolent...even if some here cant seem to grasp that fact.

Wow, you sound so hateful. Where does this anger come from?

Where does He say we CANT ?
See how that works ;)

Jesus says clearly "love your enemy".

shad said:
Why do you make up invisible criminal to make up your own commandment?
Dude, *I* HAVE BEEN ROBBED at knifepoint....*MY* house HAS BEEN burglarized....*MY* ex wife WAS SEXUALLY ASSAULTED....so take your 'invisible criminal' garbage somewhere else...

This is the majority of the problem in this discussion.
It hasnt happened to SOME here so they live in ignorant oblivion and expect the rest of us to do the same.

I raised 4 children and protected them without being violent.
Just as formerly stated...if it hasnt happened to YOU then it cant possibly happen :bigfrown
Sorry but it doesnt matter what HASNT happened to you or your kids.
In OUR lives WE HAVE been in situations where WE needed to protect ourselves and OUR families.

And please...what do you mean by youve protected your children...anyone tried to rape or kill them lately ? If so, how did you 'protect' them ?

Wow, you sound so hateful. Where does this anger come from?
Leave the psychoanalysis to the professionals, chap.

And my response comes as a direct result of the continual ignorance presented in these neverending 'self defense' threads.

Jesus says clearly "love your enemy".
Sorry....WHERE again does that SAY that I cannot carry a gun to deter a criminal ? :confused

And once again, since you clearly missed it the first dozen times in other threads...
Jesus is speaking TO hardhearted JEWS who HATED their own brethren and every sort of non Jew imaginable.
THAT is the context from which Jesus speaks.
His words ARENT TO the man who DOESNT hate his enemy but is simply protecting his loved ones from harm.
Learn some context or quit playing teacher.....

I guess if it doesnt happen to me, ie the flu, then all should not get the flu shot as i have the cure and i know the means to not having flu.
Gotta love the circular logic. If i dont get attacked a lot and we should all be doing what i do as i have no worries. arent all neighborhoods like mine?

I guess no one lives in a poor section of say D.C. the Bronx or the Ninth Ward of New Orleans or the Watts section of L.A.

Cops can be everywhere all the time and respond in milliseconds upon dialing of 9-11.

jasoncran said:
I guess if it doesnt happen to me, ie the flu, then all should not get the flu shot as i have the cure and i know the means to not having flu.
And hey...who needs those seatbelts UNTIL AFTER youve been disfigured and maimed in a car wreck ? :lol
Gotta love the circular logic. If i dont get attacked a lot and we should all be doing what i do as i have no worries. arent all neighborhoods like mine?
You know who gets to play the part of the victim in a crime, dont you ....the oblivious who werent ready for it ;)

If I had things my way there'd be a LOT more law abiding citizens carrying handguns all over this nation and theyd deal with the crime BEFORE their wives and children were raped and murdered.

Cops can be everywhere all the time and respond in milliseconds upon dialing of 9-11.
Yup.
Theres a heli-pad right in front of my apartment. :lol

Didnt you know that cops are Super Heroes able to foresee crime and get there before it happens? :lol

follower of Christ said:
Just as formerly stated...if it hasnt happened to YOU then it cant possibly happen :bigfrown
Sorry but it doesnt matter what HASNT happened to you or your kids.
In OUR lives WE HAVE been in situations where WE needed to protect ourselves and OUR families.

Jesus commandments are adequate enough to protect anyone without making up our own commandments.
]And my response comes as a direct result of the continual ignorance presented in these neverending 'self defense' threads.

Jesus' commandments are adequate enough.

Learn some context or quit playing teacher.....

Self defense threads are always the same scenario. I don't have to read the whole thread. I know what Jesus teaches. I don't teach anyone, I just spread Jesus' commandments.

Violent christians are committing sin against Jesus, it does not matter if you are just defending yourself or others. We should die with victims if we cannot defend. Jesus commandments should be honored with our lives.

shad said:
Jesus commandments are adequate enough ....
Lets test you on that shad.
ANY excuse you use to get out of OBEYING will expose the hypocrisy here entirely.

JESUS COMMANDED this....

(Mat 5:42 KJV) Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.

(Luk 6:30 KJV) Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again.
Im ASKING you for $5000, Shad.
You can pay me thru my Paypal account right now.

Lets see if you OBEY Jesus' CLEAR commands....or if you just expect everyone ELSE to obey YOUR distortion of commands He didnt actually make... ;)

Jesus' commandments are adequate enough.
See above....

Self defense threads are always the same scenario. I don't have to read the whole thread. I know what Jesus teaches. I don't teach anyone, I just spread Jesus' commandments.
Apparently you DONT know what Jesus' teaches, friend...there is NO commandment by Him to not use a weapon in defense of ones family, Im afraid.
He DID, however, tell His own disciples to buy a sword ;)

Violent christians are committing sin against Jesus, it does not matter if you are just defending yourself or others. We should die with victims if we cannot defend. Jesus commandments should be honored with our lives.
Complete bull.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back