Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Two vital activities

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

farouk

Here are two vital activities:

Bible reading and prayer.

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path" (Psalm 119.105).

"Pray without ceasing" (1 Thessalonians 5.15).

As the believer follows the Lord Jesus, who died at the Cross for sinners, he or she needs to know in which direction to go, and in thanksgiving and dependence ask for help to move in that direction. Hence the great need for Bible reading and prayer!

As the believer follows the Lord Jesus, who died at the Cross for sinners, he or she needs to know in which direction to go, and in thanksgiving and dependence ask for help to move in that direction. Hence the great need for Bible reading and prayer!

Vital indeed....yet some do not take it seriously.:sadI need to do better, too.

Hi farouk,

I was just listening to a sermon on how the Holy Spirit prays for us. It's is very encouraging to know that when we don't know what to pray for, the Holy Spirit prays for us, prays with passion, prays according to the will of God, and always has His prayer answered in the affirmative. Often when I'm discouraged, stumble because of sin, or sense that I really don't have any strength, these thoughts of the Holy Spirit will put tears in my eyes knowing that without God, I'm the foulest of creatures, but also knowing that God is not turned away from my weakness. God is ultra kind. Now if I can remember this in my time of troubles, and pray.

- Davies

Hi farouk,

I was just listening to a sermon on how the Holy Spirit prays for us. It's is very encouraging to know that when we don't know what to pray for, the Holy Spirit prays for us, prays with passion, prays according to the will of God, and always has His prayer answered in the affirmative. Often when I'm discouraged, stumble because of sin, or sense that I really don't have any strength, these thoughts of the Holy Spirit will put tears in my eyes knowing that without God, I'm the foulest of creatures, but also knowing that God is not turned away from my weakness. God is ultra kind. Now if I can remember this in my time of troubles, and pray.

- Davies

Davies:

Yes, Romans 8 says, 'The Spirit Himself maketh intercession for us with groanings that cannot be uttered.'

It's good and vital to continue in prayer, and watch in it with thanksgiving.

Yes, we need to be praying all the time, every day.

It sure gives one strength in dealing daily life.

Hi farouk,

- Davies

Thank you for sharing that. I don't remember ever hearing that before.

What about the people who cannot read?

We live in an age that this is no longer a hurdle for most.Audio versions exists for most literary works in addition to other means such as braille for those who are blind.

One could also join a local church and seek the assistance to the congregation to be taught how to read.Federal and state programs also exist to provide instruction to that end also.

It sure gives one strength in dealing daily life.

Thank you for sharing that. I don't remember ever hearing that before.

Thirstyone:

Romans 8 also speaks about the Holy Spirit interceding for believers in the Lord Jesus 'with groanings that cannot be uttered'.

It's a humbling thought to be the object of such Divine intercession.

I too agree with the OP. I find that there is a BIG difference in my outlook and attitude when I'm spending a lot of time in the word.

Because we live by faith and not by sight we we need to abide in the Word as our daily map so that we will not be lost.

I too agree with the OP. I find that there is a BIG difference in my outlook and attitude when I'm spending a lot of time in the word.

Speculative:

Yes, it can be a great encouragement to the believer, if s/he is feeding on the Word prayerfully, instead of the vexing nonsense that is so often in the media.

It can and should alter our whole outlook, if we do these activities day by day.

All I can say is while I agree it's important, I need to do waaaaay better in these areas. :shame

Hi again Ms aquamarinesky: Yes, you know we can all challenge ourselves in this way. There's a Psalm which says, quoting David, that he esteemed the words of God's mouth more than his necessary food. So if you feel challenged by the whole matter, you're hardly the only one; we can all be encouraged in this direction. Blessings.

How true. I'm so ashamed sometimes when I 'drift off' and do whatever I want :bigfrown - everything becomes an issue to me, even small things , I get so frustarted because I know it's because I've left the Word

Great post Farouk - given me some good motivation to read my Bible tonight :study

How true. I'm so ashamed sometimes when I 'drift off' and do whatever I want :bigfrown - everything becomes an issue to me, even small things , I get so frustarted because I know it's because I've left the Word

Great post Farouk - given me some good motivation to read my Bible tonight :study

Lloyd:

Yes, well it's something for all of us.

Blessings.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back