Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Ufology as a Growing Religion

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
[FONT=Arial, Bold, sans-serif]It‘s so important to discuss or oppose this particular belief, because ET belief is quickly becoming the world‘s most scientifically acceptable false religion and a major stumbling block to people considering Christianity. And although some of its adherents are serious followers, the reality is, that polls show that belief in UFOs is mainstream and held by the average Joe‘ in the street. [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]For example, a CNN/[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Italic, sans-serif]Time Magazine [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]poll in [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Bold, sans-serif]1997[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif], found, among other things that;[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Bold, sans-serif]80% believe that the government is hiding the existence of extraterrestrial life forms[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Bold, sans-serif]64% believe aliens have contacted humans
50% believe that aliens have abducted humans[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Bold, sans-serif]75% believe that a UFO crashed near Roswell

[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]So, in one sense, the majority of the population believes that UFOs are real physical craft piloted by beings from other planets. Does that make them adherents in the religious sense? [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Bold, sans-serif]The purpose of this article is to sound a clarion call that such beliefs make people vulnerable to further and possibly deeper deception. This is why it is important to place all of our thinking on the Bible, and not be misled into thinking that because the universe is so big, that there must be extraterrestrial life on other planets. [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Many are worried that real ET visitations might falsify the Bible if we are wrong—which is exactly what Satan would want you to think.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Unlike Buddhism, Islam, etc, extraterrestrial belief has a veneer of scientific credibility. [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Bold, sans-serif]Arguably, the world‘s most famous scientist, physicist [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Bold, sans-serif]Stephen Hawking, has even stated that he believes aliens probably exist. And the world‘s most famous atheistic evolutionist, Richard Dawkins, as anti-theistic as he is, has no problem with aliens theoretically seeding life on earth, provided that somewhere down the chain of creators, there‘s a life form that arose via evolution. Antichristian scientist, and co-discoverer of the DNA molecule, Sir Francis Crick, similarly proposed that life came via panspermia (life seeded by aliens) as a possible explanation for the mind-boggling complexity of the coded information on DNA[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif].[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Bold, sans-serif]Doctrine of UFOlogical religion:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]1. There is also a soteriological (or doctrine of salvation) aspect to UFO religion. Our space brothers‘ are said to be older and more advanced both [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Bold, sans-serif]ethically [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]and technologically. This is a bizarre claim given the brutal and sordid nature of some alleged abduction encounters. Often, New Age‘ religion is strongly intertwined with UFO beliefs. The ETs are going to save us from global warming, etc, and show us how to live in harmony with our planet. Earth as an organism figures in as well, a theme popularized by the film [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Italic, sans-serif]Avatar[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif].[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Bold, sans-serif]Part of salvation‘ in the ET religion often involves evolving to the level of our ET benefactors. Its origins are found in the satanic you will be like God‘ deception that emanates from the Garden of Eden. If the ET deception has the same source, we shouldn‘t be surprised at the parallels.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Sometimes ETs also act as judges. Raelianism claims that there is a panel of judges who will get to decide who gets to be cloned again to eternal life, and who doesn‘t. This is based on works, like all other false religions such as Islam, Mormonism, etc. But in the absence of an omniscient God, who decides what‘s good enough? And what authority do mere men have to decide whether someone[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]is good enough—are they themselves good enough‘ and by whose standard? This problem is common with the redemption aspect of most false religions.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]2. There is also an eschatological aspect. In some beliefs, the ETs will come and take away all the people who refuse to let Mother Earth‘ evolve, either destroying them or taking them to someplace else. For instance, New Age, ET channeller, Barbara Marciniak writes in her book [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Italic, sans-serif]Bringers of the Dawn: Teachings from the Pleiadians[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Bold, sans-serif]The people who leave the planet during the time of Earth changes do not fit in here any longer, and they are stopping the harmony of Earth. When the time comes that perhaps 20 million people leave the planet at one time there will be a tremendous shift in consciousness for those who are remaining[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif].‖[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]2[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]This is a not-so-subtle take on the pre-millennial view, in which Christians are taken away by Christ, before the time known as the Great Tribulation. [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Bold, sans-serif]There are also views that ET believers will be taken away by spaceships to a planet called Heaven, which in some iterations even features a golden city much like the New Jerusalem[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]. Channeller Thelma Terrell, who also goes by the spiritual‘ name Tuella‘, writes:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Our rescue ships will be able to come in close enough in the twinkling of an eye to set the lifting beams in operation in a moment. And over the globe where events warrant it, this will be the method of evacuation. Mankind will be lifted … by the beams from our smaller ships. …[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Earth changes will be the primary factor in mass evacuation of the planet. There is method and great organization in a detailed plan already near completion for the purpose of removing souls from this planet, in the event of catastrophic events making a rescue necessary. The Great Evacuation will come upon the world very suddenly. The flash of emergency events will be as a lightning that flashes in the sky. So suddenly and quick in its happening that it is over almost before you are aware of its presence.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]This is strikingly similar to 1 Corinthians 15:51-52. However, we should not be surprised. The enemy has always been a counterfeiter and we are warned that he masquerades as an angel of light (2 Corinthians 11:14). In others, the aliens will herald in the apocalypse. Some types of ET belief have alien/human hybrids as an integral part of end-times scenarios.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]From:[/FONT]
http://www.contendingfortruth.com/wp-content/uploads/Preparation-of-the-Alien-UFO-Deception-Parts-1-4.pdf

AKJV, I want to make sure I get this right...

You don't believe in aliens? I mean, besides having visited here, you don't believe they exist at all? Amidst all of the universe???

Cause if that's what you think, I'M WITH YOU!!

I believe the unthinkable in most science communities. We, his people, are His Creation, and the universe has been created to give thirst to our innate sense of discovery. I've read some books and seen some documentaries like "The Privileged Planet" that give a lot of compelling evidence that life on other planets, no matter how many there are, is all but impossible given all the parameters that have to be tuned perfectly in order that that simple life can exist. And I've been persuaded by this argument.

It never was such a big issue to me before. I thought if people believe there are other civilizations, I guess they can still believe we are His Chosen people. But then movements like the ones you've mentioned have shown me how far people can take this. They begin to believe these mysterious unknowns somehow have amazing intelligence and capacities. And then they begin to be subject to them. :screwloose

AKJV, I want to make sure I get this right...

You don't believe in aliens? I mean, besides having visited here, you don't believe they exist at all? Amidst all of the universe???

Cause if that's what you think, I'M WITH YOU!!

I believe the unthinkable in most science communities. We, his people, are His Creation, and the universe has been created to give thirst to our innate sense of discovery. I've read some books and seen some documentaries like "The Privileged Planet" that give a lot of compelling evidence that life on other planets, no matter how many there are, is all but impossible given all the parameters that have to be tuned perfectly in order that that simple life can exist. And I've been persuaded by this argument.

It never was such a big issue to me before. I thought if people believe there are other civilizations, I guess they can still believe we are His Chosen people. But then movements like the ones you've mentioned have shown me how far people can take this. They begin to believe these mysterious unknowns somehow have amazing intelligence and capacities. And then they begin to be subject to them. :screwloose

For years I have heard the same people, atheists and agnostics, tell me that they don't believe there is a supreme Creator, because they say there is no evidence.

Then those same people will turn around and tell me they believe we are not alone in the universe (even though there is no evidence).

Mind boggling. I guess it depends on where you want to place your faith.

I have done a little research in Ufology and have even talked to a person who made regular contact with what you would call aliens.

The aliens are fallen angels or demons or evil spiritual entities - Ephesians 6. Know thy enemy. Sometimes they can take physical shape but just as we are unable to enter in the spiritual world of angels on earth they have the opposite problem, they cant survive long in the physical realm. As to where the UFO's are seen in the universe and where they can go is a bit hazy. There have been sightings of UFO's near Saturn and Jupiter. And of course on the moon too. There have been countless sightings of them above the earth and they can also go under the earth. To add to that there have been sightings of UFO's fighting each other.

Something i learnt today which was interesting:

Isaiah 14:
[FONT=arial,helvatica]
12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

Here Satan is saying that his throne will be above the stars so hence his evil entity army could travel with him? Remember that Satan is quite bizarre in what he does too. I mean Lucifer thought that he could be god and was full of pride and we know what happened.

[/FONT]

I believe in UFO's and aliens, except for one thing.....

These creatures are the fallen ones and their offspring are the Nephilim that Genesis 6 talks about. Even apocryphal stories like Enoch talks about these fallen ones teaching mankind a false way of life.

This, of course, answers why we have all sorts of legends, mythical monsters, ancient Titans and gods in mythology, and whatnot that "visited" the earth. Legends and myth have a basis in reality and all these stories did not happen unless something happened. For example, I believe the "god" Apollos is an actual being ---- called Apollyon in Revelation. This is the battle between Satan's Kingdom and God's Kingdom from the dawn of time. But they are not merely other-planet corporeal beings --- like I said, they are the fallen ones.

For years I have heard the same people, atheists and agnostics, tell me that they don't believe there is a supreme Creator, because they say there is no evidence.

Then those same people will turn around and tell me they believe we are not alone in the universe (even though there is no evidence).

Mind boggling. I guess it depends on where you want to place your faith.

There is plenty of evidence for life on other planets.
Off the top of my head ...
-the presence of water and the basic elements necessary for life as we know it
-the vastness of the known universe
-planets orbiting stars outside of our solar system
-the presence of life on earth

A few other thoughts ... I don't believe aliens have ever or are presently visiting us.

But, how can you not believe in UFOs? ... that is unidentified flying objects ... by definition they are objects in the sky that go unidentified by the observer.

I think that Ufology is an attempt by people who have abandoned the one true God to find meaning in their lives. Same goes for all false religions, philosophies, etc.--its an attempt to fill the very real, God-shaped void in the soul.

I have no idea if there is or is not life on other planets. I'd like to think that we humans are unique in being the most developed creatures around, created in the image of God but...who's to say there aren't some other creatures around with highly developed intellects? Honestly, it doesn't really affect my life either way, so I'm not terribly concerned.

There is plenty of evidence for life on other planets.
Off the top of my head ...
-the presence of water and the basic elements necessary for life as we know it
-the vastness of the known universe
-planets orbiting stars outside of our solar system
-the presence of life on earth

All of those things are fine and dandy, but none are evidence of life. They may be evidence for conditions that would enable life to exist, but until you have actually found life, you have nothing.

And if you believe UFO's are extraterrestrial spacecraft, then I stand by my statement.

This probably doesn't need to become a discussion about whether or not extra terrestrial life exists, but that belief can lead to a fascination with them. Combined with eschatology, a person can become obsessed. I believe Christians need to focus on Earth as His Creation, whether or not alien life does exist. Personally, I don't believe intelligent life exists, but it wouldn't impact my faith if it was discovered. I certainly wouldn't begin to include them in my eschatology.

I find these people very sad, clinging desperately to something besides Christ that can give them hope. That's tragic. :sad

Well just as Jersualem is the center of the earth, the earth and the sun are the center of the universe. I watched a video by Creation Ministries which proved that the other day. Now if we on earth are in the center of the universe that God made any aliens from stars thousands of light years away would have to be inferior. I believe that because we are in the center of the universe we are that important to God.

Well just as Jersualem is the center of the earth, the earth and the sun are the center of the universe. I watched a video by Creation Ministries which proved that the other day. Now if we on earth are in the center of the universe that God made any aliens from stars thousands of light years away would have to be inferior. I believe that because we are in the center of the universe we are that important to God.

D'oh!

"The alien plan involves a soon-coming transformation in the culture of our world. They refer to it as "The Change," often giving their victims the impression that it will suddenly come around the turn of the Millennium. One of the abductees was told that it would happen "around 1999." (Wow another failed time table by Satan like 1984) Another was told that it would be, "Very, very soon." Still another was informed that, "… there
will be no necessity to continue national governments. There will be 'one system' and 'one goal.'"
Every Christian should find such terminology quite familiar! Students of Bible prophecy have been talking about such an event for many years. We are well familiar with a global government led by the Son Of Perdition."

"The UFO abduction phenomenon is only a mask for fallen angels who have departed from their natural domain to engage in the filthy work of creating an alternate race that will act as their proxies.
UFO researchers deduce that they are trying to genetically produce versions of themselves that will be able to function in this environment. But this doesn't logically fit what we know to be true about mankind.
Man was created by God, not aliens from outer space. Satan attempted to thwart God's redemptive purpose in the Garden of Eden. Later, his servants succeed in corrupting very nearly the entire race.
Satan, the liar, is recognizable in the lying activities of the "space brothers" and their UFOs. First they claim to be one thing, then another. But all along, their motive is to destroy humanity before it can be redeemed by God. Satan has many servants.
As Jesus told the Pharisees, "Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because
there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it" (John 8:44).
The devil's chief method is the lie. In the current UFO abduction activity, we can recognize it once again. Hybrid human/aliens are nothing more or less than the corrupt progeny of the fallen angelic host. For over 5,000 years, their method has not changed.
Now, as then, they pry into the forbidden areas of human procreation. Lascivious and power hungry, they seek to set up their own race, and their own province of control.
But only in the last fifty years have their activities acquired a speed and purpose that tells us what time it is, prophetically speaking. The program of the Antichrist is almost in place."

http://www.contendingfortruth.com/wp-content/uploads/Preparation-of-the-Alien-UFO-Deception-Parts-1-4.pdf

I'm loosing faith in humanity. We're alone in our Universe there is no alien life forms. If you want to believe in this stuff take a tip from my pastor "These people are going to make money off of this stuff they'll make bumper stickers, movies, notebooks, pencils, shirts, coffee cups basically anything they can put a logo on. Ancient Aliens and all those other shows are going to tell people whatever they want to hear because people will pay for it." I personally don't believe that there is anything else out in the Universe. Scientists say that Egyptians had this crazy technology that "aliens" gave to them. If "aliens" have space ships that can defy the Theory of Relativity then why didn't the Egyptians get like laser guns or something extremely high tech. Or there is the possibility that the "aliens" we're wise enough to see that humanity couldn't responsibly handle their technology.

All of those things are fine and dandy, but none are evidence of life. They may be evidence for conditions that would enable life to exist, but until you have actually found life, you have nothing.

And if you believe UFO's are extraterrestrial spacecraft, then I stand by my statement.

You're right ... it's just evidence for conditions that could support life. But for me, it's way more than nothing. I don't see how this could be the only planet in the universe with life. Man's egocentric view of the universe gets constantly revised through the years as we learn more and more about the planet, the solar system, our galaxy, the universe, etc.

I didn't say that UFOs are extraterrestrial spacecraft. I said that I believe in UFOs because by definition a UFO is an unidentified flying object. In other words, by definition, you must believe in them or you don't understand the definition. There are countless moving objects in the sky that go unidentified by the observer. For example, I was at a birthday celebration several weeks ago. I saw a balloon flying by and up into the sky. I was the only person who saw it. I waited until no one else could possibly know what it was, then shouted "Oh wow, what is that in the sky." For me it was a balloon. For everyone else it was a UFO ... regardless of whether they thought it was an alien spacecraft.

Well just as Jersualem is the center of the earth, the earth and the sun are the center of the universe. I watched a video by Creation Ministries which proved that the other day.
Then you watched baloney. I am very sorry to hear that Creation Ministries would produce something like that... but before I COMPLETELY pass judgment, can you remember the title so I can look for it?

I am convinced they are wrong, but I am willing to watch it and give them a chance! :yes

Then you watched baloney. I am very sorry to hear that Creation Ministries would produce something like that... but before I COMPLETELY pass judgment, can you remember the title so I can look for it?

I am convinced they are wrong, but I am willing to watch it and give them a chance! :yes
I agree the Earth and the Sun is not in the center of the universe. We're about 33 million light years away from the center (We'll never see the center).

I agree the Earth and the Sun is not in the center of the universe. We're about 33 million light years away from the center (We'll never see the center).

How will you prove that? It seems to me that if God placed a thinking and rational human race on earth that He would choose the center of the universe because man was made in God's image and as a way of showing the human race we are so very important and loved by God. Jerusalem is the center of the earth and God chose Jerusalem so why would he not do the same thing with the earth in the universe?

So i was also thinking has anyone heard of UFO's flying over Israel? Whenever i hear UFO reports it is any country other than Israel.

Gary Stearman a Christian UFO expert from Prophecy in the News has linked major UFO activity with events in the history of Israel, going back to 1897 with the Zionist Congress in Europe. If this is true (it is convincing) then it shows that UFO's are related to Israel.

Then you watched baloney. I am very sorry to hear that Creation Ministries would produce something like that

Have you seen the video by Creation Ministries about UFO's and aliens. It completely shows that aliens could not travel so far to get to earth.

Because the Milky Way is very old. Everything is moving away from the "center" of the Universe the older the Galaxy the farther away it is.

Jerusalem is the center of the earth...
But it is only the center of the earth like my sons are the "center of my life".

In a similar way, the earth can be (is?) the center of the universe in that it's where He put us. That is, it's the center of His attention, love, etc.

Have you seen the video by Creation Ministries about UFO's and aliens. It completely shows that aliens could not travel so far to get to earth.
Now THIS I agree with. I wrote a paper making the same case about two years ago.

The challenges of interstellar travel go way beyond the knowledge of the average sci-fi reader. Not only are the propulsion requirements overwhelming, but solving those problems only do one thing for you: They then open you up to tremendous problems with navigation and spacecraft survival.

Interstellar travel makes good sci-fi, but not good science.

But it is only the center of the earth like my sons are the "center of my life".

In a similar way, the earth can be (is?) the center of the universe in that it's where He put us. That is, it's the center of His attention, love, etc.

Now THIS I agree with. I wrote a paper making the same case about two years ago.

The challenges of interstellar travel go way beyond the knowledge of the average sci-fi reader. Not only are the propulsion requirements overwhelming, but solving those problems only do one thing for you: They then open you up to tremendous problems with navigation and spacecraft survival.

Interstellar travel makes good sci-fi, but not good science.
Yes and according to Einsteins Theory of Relativity nothing can go faster than light. It would take 40,000 light years (Going at the speed of light for 40,000 years) to cross the Milky Way Galaxy. I think it was about 20,000 for us to actually get out of the Milky Way Galaxy.

I agree with the standpoint that we are the center of attention but we are definitely not the actual "center" of the Universe we're a few trillion miles away from that.

Back