Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Ugly Vs Beautiful

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
It doesn't matter what we precieve as ugly or beautiful. Even the "ugly" woman or "ugly" man is beautiful. They are beautiful because they were CREATED by God. We are not ones to comment on His work and say it is ugly because it is not, even if they are deformed. If God can find beauty in and "ugly" person or even a disfigured person then they are radiant. End of story. We all have His mark on us so we are Beautiful despite the magazines and TV and whatever. They don't get a say. Only God can say what is beautiful. As my teacher would put it "He's more qualified to make that descision". I am done with my rant.

[FONT=&quot]Isaiah 53:2[/FONT][FONT=&quot] <sup>2</sup> For He shall grow up before Him as a tender plant, And as a root out of dry ground. He has no form or comeliness; And when we see Him, There is no beauty that we should desire Him.

The Bible never gives a physical description of Jesus, but the verse above hints that He was rather ordinary looking. It seems Jesus’ human form was de-emphasized on purpose. God didn’t want people attracted to Him because of His looks, but rather, His message and who He was.

The older a Christian gets the more they come to understand that true beauty lies in your soul, the eternal part of you. The reason outer beauty is so important to the world is because Satan makes the least of us the most important part. Your body is the least important thing about "You.†It’s the only part of "You" that’s not eternal.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Isaiah 53:2[/FONT][FONT=&quot] <sup>2</sup> For He shall grow up before Him as a tender plant, And as a root out of dry ground. He has no form or comeliness; And when we see Him, There is no beauty that we should desire Him. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The Bible never gives a physical description of Jesus, but the verse above hints that He was rather ordinary looking. It seems Jesus’ human form was de-emphasized on purpose. God didn’t want people attracted to Him because of His looks, but rather, His message and who He was. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The older a Christian gets the more they come to understand that true beauty lies in your soul, the eternal part of you. The reason outer beauty is so important to the world is because Satan makes the least of us the most important part. Your body is the least important thing about "You.†It’s the only part of "You" that’s not eternal.[/FONT]

Well, Angelia Jolie is pretty beautiful! I don't know, but from what is said by women, Brad Pitt is pretty hot too. I'm 42 years old. I still like pretty women. I'm also happily married to a very pretty woman. She is a Christian and is in line with with that.

I gotta admit that Jolie and Hollie Berry look pretty cute. But I would never give up the thing I got. I have a beautiful woman who is brethren too.

So does that mean that when she begins to lose her looks as she ages that she is also in danger of losing you?

It doesn't matter what we precieve as ugly or beautiful. Even the "ugly" woman or "ugly" man is beautiful. They are beautiful because they were CREATED by God. We are not ones to comment on His work and say it is ugly because it is not, even if they are deformed. If God can find beauty in and "ugly" person or even a disfigured person then they are radiant. End of story. We all have His mark on us so we are Beautiful despite the magazines and TV and whatever. They don't get a say. Only God can say what is beautiful. As my teacher would put it "He's more qualified to make that descision". I am done with my rant.

Brilliant!

The Bible never gives a physical description of Jesus, but the verse above hints that He was rather ordinary looking. It seems Jesus’ human form was de-emphasized on purpose. God didn’t want people attracted to Him because of His looks, but rather, His message and who He was.

I have thought about this before, I think it is true.

Although we all believe and agree with one another that all are beautiful, we are yet unable to conquer the unconcious (some times conscious) repulsion that follows when we suddenly meet with one of those an unbeliever or advert Club would call 'not beautiful'.

How about this?

Have you asked God to help you overcome that?
Ask him to help you see others with His eyes.
Do you have a daily time with God? If I were a betting person I would say no. God cleans up those worldly points of view pretty quickly when you spend time with Him.

love for others doesn't come by a person "want" to love others. God grows it in you naturally, when you spend time with Him. you are talking as if it's okay to give into these feelings because by the world's standards it's normal... If you are a Christian, Brother, then I rebuke you,and I hope you understand that it is a strong rebuke. I hope you understand that there a people who are reading your post who have been beat up by the world and are here at this website searching for Christ... Searching for His love, and you words sound like the something the enemy would tell them.

As Christians we have a clear mission for the short time we are here on earth, and that is to, "Go into all the World" Matt 28:19-20. Just because YOU think someone is worth less does not mean Jesus does. In fact the uglier a Christian is by the worlds standards, the more rich and beautiful their soul is, because adversity in the physical world creates beauty in the spiritual world. YOU are going to be in the spiritual world much longer than YOU are here in the physical world. You may think your words are flip and clever... but you will have to give account for every idle word that comes out of your mouth, (or typed by your fingers in this case) Christian or not (Matt 12:36).

With what you have written you may have destroyed a brother or a sister's hard work. Maybe a brother or sister who is on the mission field sacrificing, all the conveniences that you yourself enjoy, because they love people.

Brother I hope you understand that right now, these words that you have written have made you ugly.

Weigh your words carefully, the enemies best and most useful tool is a Christian fool.

Love, Kelli

I am always careful with whatever thing I do. I do not write out of alcohol intoxication.

I do not know if this is directed at me. If yes, then:

Your language is more powerful than a missile, more frightening than A C. Ronaldo shot.

I think you misunderstood the puropse of this thread. I'm neither 'proclaming' people ugly nor 'parading' it. I was writing to know why even some people publicly testify they are ugly, always feeling inferior; and why some would call others ugly.

See the OP: I stated that God looked at us and said we are GOOD. Why would some feel they are more important than the others?:shrug

Why would some people consciously/unconsciously repulse fellow human beings with the feelings that they are not as good and as presentable as others? Why do people make choices? Etc

Go through the thread again, are these questions or assertions!

You did well contributing, Ja, Danke :wave

This thread is confusing to me. I have been(and still get) told that I am an attractive man. I dont see it. I stay in fairly good shape(I used to fight professionally) but I see my face as kinda busted up and all the scars on my body stand out to me, plus the intentional disfigurementing that I have done to myself(shins hands elbows are pretty much nothing but callouses)yet people still come up to me in bars and clubs(even when I'm with my better half) and hit on me. I dont get it. I'm short 5'8" 190lbs(mostly muscle) and I dress like a bum.

This thread is confusing to me. I have been(and still get) told that I am an attractive man. I dont see it. I stay in fairly good shape(I used to fight professionally) but I see my face as kinda busted up and all the scars on my body stand out to me, plus the intentional disfigurementing that I have done to myself(shins hands elbows are pretty much nothing but callouses)yet people still come up to me in bars and clubs(even when I'm with my better half) and hit on me. I dont get it. I'm short 5'8" 190lbs(mostly muscle) and I dress like a bum.

Charisma!

no when out on my own or with friends(since most of them are married as well) we tend to be repugnant and disgusting so as to not tempt ourselves with a newer model that what we have at home(esp when we drink as we do stupid stuff when drinking)

no when out on my own or with friends(since most of them are married as well) we tend to be repugnant and disgusting so as to not tempt ourselves with a newer model that what we have at home(esp when we drink as we do stupid stuff when drinking)

Isn't that the charisma I was talking about?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back